The Witcher Netflix series is receiving early praise, makes "Game of Thrones look like two drunks fighting"

Excellent.

gvj09fupty911.jpg

The first reactions for Netflix‘s anticipated The Witcher series are in, and they have been pretty glowing so far.

A few people have been lucky enough to get a preview of the fantasy series, which stars Henry Cavill as monster hunter Geralt of Rivia.

Those who have seen the show have heaped big praise on its battle scenes, as well as the show’s pacing and Cavill’s performance.

“Plowed through the initial screeners for Netflix’s THE WITCHER, and I’ve gotta say: I’m quite liking it!” wrote one critic. “I’ll have more to say about it when the embargo drops, but it’s well-cast, smartly-structured, and nicely paced. Good, solid pulp-fantasy nonsense.”

“Watching the screeners for @witchernetflix. I’ll admit, as a huge fan of the books, I was a little worried, but @LHissrich has done a masterful job telling this story,” another added. “It also helps that the cast is amazing! And Henry Cavill, just … wow. #TheWitcher”.

Many have also compared the show to Game of Thrones, suggesting that The Witcher‘s fight scenes were far superior.

“The Fight Scenes In #Witcher WOW Makes #GameofThrones Fights Look Awful – Watching The Witcher Season 1 This Weekend,” one viewer wrote.

Advertisement

“Oh I will say this. The fight scenes in The Witcher make Game of Thrones fight scenes look like two drunks fighting outside a bar,” another added.

Meanwhile, a third said:

“I have watched the first two episodes and I can say this : – the best sword fighting scene I have ever seen. – I have laughed and I have cried (twice already). Don’t be anxious, you have done a wonderful job. This show has a soul of its own. Can’t wait to savour the rest.”

The Witcher is based on the book series of the same name which has previously been adapted into a number of video games. It will be released on Netflix on December 20.

Advertisement (for those who wish to console their butthurt)

Edited by jehurey
  • Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yeah everyone speaking about the project really does sound like they care greatly. Especially Cavill who really wanted the role. Everything is sounding great!   Regarding the comparison to G

Posted Images

Just now, Goukosan said:

GOT as a serious on a whole is great.  Even the one or two so so seasons is better than 99% pf shows"

eh, i'm going to have to disagree there, especially considering how many shows i watch. while it was a great, as a whole, it did feel sloppy af at the end. 

I remember those first 2 or 3 years, back in 2013-2015, people fawning over Game of Thrones and telling me "you just gotta see it."

I did see it...............when it was called Rome, beeyotch!!!

And they didn't need fantasy shit to make it badass (besides Titus Pullo kickin' everyone's ass, that is).

Just now, jehurey said:

I remember those first 2 or 3 years, back in 2013-2015, people fawning over Game of Thrones and telling me "you just gotta see it."

I did see it...............when it was called Rome, beeyotch!!!

And they didn't need fantasy shit to make it badass (besides Titus Pullo kickin' everyone's ass, that is).

to be fair, the best GoT episodes are some of the best hours in TV - period.

6 minutes ago, -GD- said:

to be fair, the best GoT episodes are some of the best hours in TV - period.

The whole build up to Cersei becoming the mad queen with the trial and the climax, combined with "Light of the Seven", one of the best musical arrangements for a TV show ever, was some of the best visual storytelling I've ever seen.

Just now, madmaltese said:

Good to hear some nice buzz. I never really take these early impressions seriously cause they always seem to be overally positive but good to hear it's not some disaster.

yeah, henry even changed up his workout so he would have a build suitable for swinging a heavy ass sword. pretty cool vid. it seems like everyone is passionate about this project

btw, it's good to see men's health actually have a celeb doing shit with proper form. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, -GD- said:

yeah, henry even changed up his workout so he would have a build suitable for swinging a heavy ass sword. pretty cool vid. it seems like everyone is passionate about this project

btw, it's good to see men's health actually have a celeb doing shit with proper form. 

Yeah everyone speaking about the project really does sound like they care greatly. Especially Cavill who really wanted the role. Everything is sounding great!

Regarding the comparison to GoT fight scenes. Saying it is better isn't saying much consider this was some of the quality of the fight scenes (non giant battle scenes) in GoT:

:D

• Haha 2
2 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

Yeah everyone speaking about the project really does sound like they care greatly. Especially Cavill who really wanted the role. Everything is sounding great!

Regarding the comparison to GoT fight scenes. Saying it is better isn't saying much consider this was some of the quality of the fight scenes (non giant battle scenes) in GoT:

:D

jesus...i had forgotten how bad that was.