MLB The Show going multiplat

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

BAHHAHAHAHAH    Told you they're massaging those assholes getting them ready for the inevitable.  

Its because MLB 2K baseball games don't exist anymore, and therefore Sony is the only one renewing the license (for major 3D versions of the game).

MLB and MLBPA forced them that it had to be available to multiple platforms or else they wouldn't the issue the license.Sony probably figured that they made enough money on the game that they can make a sloppy port for the other consoles.

But Sony probably asked for something in return, possibly lower licensing fees.

MLB is in a slightly better negotiating position than in previous years, but Sony is single-handedly responsible for making the MLB look good through video games, The Show is the nicest production out there.

MLB probably asked Sony if they could just do it multiplat instead of allowing 2K to churn out their low-grade shit.

2 hours ago, jehurey said:

Its because MLB 2K baseball games don't exist anymore, and therefore Sony is the only one renewing the license (for major 3D versions of the game).

MLB and MLBPA forced them that it had to be available to multiple platforms or else they wouldn't the issue the license.Sony probably figured that they made enough money on the game that they can make a sloppy port for the other consoles.

But Sony probably asked for something in return, possibly lower licensing fees.

MLB is in a slightly better negotiating position than in previous years, but Sony is single-handedly responsible for making the MLB look good through video games, The Show is the nicest production out there.

MLB probably asked Sony if they could just do it multiplat instead of allowing 2K to churn out their low-grade shit.

Yea I mean... possibly.  Maybe Disney will force Sony to make Spiderman multiplat too if they want to keep the license...

lmao that sets a dangerous precedence.  I doubt Sony gives a fuck about the MLB licence.. since if MLB went to another studio it would release on PS4 all the same and baseball fans would buy it...

I mean.. you guys just have to start seeing the signs..  Times are changing.  Detroit, Death Stranding, Sony themselves have even said you're going to see more games of theirs appearing on other platforms in the future.  PS Now.... God of War, Uncharted, and The Last of Us... 3 of their biggest properties.. completely unnecessary to own their console to play.

It STARTS with these moves they're making... and it's all to easy the market into accepting that they'll be putting their games on other platforms in the future.  Lemmings went through the same shit when Quantum Break released on PC..

It's happening.  "Play together" regardless of device.. reach as big of a market as possible and dominate with incredible amounts of game sales.

53 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

Yea I mean... possibly.  Maybe Disney will force Sony to make Spiderman multiplat too if they want to keep the license...

lmao that sets a dangerous precedence.  I doubt Sony gives a fuck about the MLB licence.. since if MLB went to another studio it would release on PS4 all the same and baseball fans would buy it...

I mean.. you guys just have to start seeing the signs..  Times are changing.  Detroit, Death Stranding, Sony themselves have even said you're going to see more games of theirs appearing on other platforms in the future.  PS Now.... God of War, Uncharted, and The Last of Us... 3 of their biggest properties.. completely unnecessary to own their console to play.

It STARTS with these moves they're making... and it's all to easy the market into accepting that they'll be putting their games on other platforms in the future.  Lemmings went through the same shit when Quantum Break released on PC..

It's happening.  "Play together" regardless of device.. reach as big of a market as possible and dominate with incredible amounts of game sales.

No. If anything this makes exclusive IPs all the more important.

Sony creates, or PAYS a studio to develop a new IP.........Sony owns it.

They get alot more mileage from a unique IP rather than a licensed product.

Marvel's Spider-man isn't  exactly a situation where Disney has as much leverage as you would think. Sony still owns the movie rights, and they will always continue owning the movie rights as long as they keep churning out movies.

The fact that Sony was able to save the Spiderman movie deal is a obvious sign that Disney didn't have all the leverage. If there is an area in which Disney feels dis-organized and acts like they don't really care, its in their video game business. Disney has never taken the time to get serious about becoming a real force in the video game industry. They just license, and they seemingly do not care who they license to.

Microsoft simply has not compiled a strong stable of exclusive IPs and its showing.

Sony can afford to lose some second-party IPs, hell, they probably SOLD the IP rights back to David Cage for his games.

Horizon Zero Dawn showing up on the PC over 3 years later costs Sony nothing.

Sorry, Sony and Nintendo are not going to do what Microsoft  has to do.

Edited by jehurey
11 minutes ago, jehurey said:

No. If anything this makes exclusive IPs all the more important.

Sony creates, or PAYS a studio to develop a new IP.........Sony owns it.

They get alot more mileage from a unique IP rather than a licensed product.

Marvel's Spider-man isn't  exactly a situation where Disney has as much leverage as you would think. Sony still owns the movie rights, and they will always continue owning the movie rights as long as they keep churning out movies.

The fact that Sony was able to save the Spiderman movie deal is a obvious sign that Disney didn't have all the leverage. If there is an area in which Disney feels dis-organized and acts like they don't really care, its in their video game business. Disney has never taken the time to get serious about becoming a real force in the video game industry. They just license, and they seemingly do not care who they license to.

Microsoft simply has not compiled a strong stable of exclusive IPs and its showing.

Sony can afford to lose some second-party IPs, hell, they probably SOLD the IP rights back to David Cage for his games.

Horizon Zero Dawn showing up on the PC over 3 years later costs Sony nothing.

Sorry, Sony and Nintendo are not going to do what Microsoft  has to do.

Must be why Sony fought so hard to keep the game they entirely funded.. Death Stranding.. exclusive to PS4.... :roll: 

It seems to me Disney has ALL of the leverage with the game rights.. and they'll use that to their advantage if they can.  You're referencing the movie deal.. but face it.. that has tons of other influences behind it that the game simply wouldn't have.  Why are you acting like Sony did all the work lol.

I told you... it STARTS with secondary IPs... like Quantum Break...

You're right.. Horizon ZD showing up on PC doesn't cost Sony anything.  They stand to gain a lot from it.. which is exactly why they massaging that ass into accepting that their games will come to other platforms at a later date.  LMAO I don't give a fuck if you think that elevates them above MS for putting their games on PC day 1... Windows is a MS platform.. it makes sense for them to do so.

but you're just ignoring the inevitable... Sony WILL release their games on multiple platforms in the future... and they WILL release them day 1 in the future too.  They're easing the fanbase into accepting it because they know the amount of money that's being left on the table. 

20 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

Probably license requires it, but still not a good thing. Like how FIFA mandates it releases on all platforms.

Like as if MLB sells enough for Sony to give a FAT FUCK about needing the licence..  They could just as easily tell the MLB to fuck off and whichever 3rd party gets the rights would be making the game for PS4 regardless...

Sony would not bend over backwards for that licence when the implications of their own first party studio developing games for rival consoles could stand to "hurt" them more.. especially during a gen transition...

Sony OBVIOUSLY wants to do this...  You guys even heard Sony say that their games would be coming to other platforms in the future..  They are literally buttering you up for it.

The Sony of old would NOT have allowed Detroit to come to PC.. regardless of 3rd party or not.  Same with a game they completely funded.. Death Stranding.  They are shaking the tree to see if any fruit falls.

13 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

Like as if MLB sells enough for Sony to give a FAT FUCK about needing the licence..  They could just as easily tell the MLB to fuck off and whichever 3rd party gets the rights would be making the game for PS4 regardless...

Sony would not bend over backwards for that licence when the implications of their own first party studio developing games for rival consoles could stand to "hurt" them more.. especially during a gen transition...

Sony OBVIOUSLY wants to do this...  You guys even heard Sony say that their games would be coming to other platforms in the future..  They are literally buttering you up for it.

The Sony of old would NOT have allowed Detroit to come to PC.. regardless of 3rd party or not.  Same with a game they completely funded.. Death Stranding.  They are shaking the tree to see if any fruit falls.

Personally I still think this is simply a license issue. MLB have been a constant money maker for them and they don’t want to lose that. If they are really after that PC market you’d see them publish Detroit and Death Stranding themselves which are not the case. 

If the HZD to PC rumor was true then yeah I can see what you are saying about them testing waters and start heading in that direction.

22 minutes ago, Pureis said:

Personally I still think this is simply a license issue. MLB have been a constant money maker for them and they don’t want to lose that. If they are really after that PC market you’d see them publish Detroit and Death Stranding themselves which are not the case. 

If the HZD to PC rumor was true then yeah I can see what you are saying about them testing waters and start heading in that direction.

how much money does it actually make for them?  This is not a 5-10 million seller..

I'm sure the license is a contributing factor... but in the days of old.. Sony would NOT have given in to this.  Sony would say.. you want to sell MLB games on our platform then you do as we say...  No other company gives a fat fuck about MLB.. Nintendo and MS have done without it for forever... it's not a strong brand in the grand scheme of things.

Times are changing boys...

Edited by Remij_
34 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

License was up for renewal. Was probably this or lose the rights all together. Very interested to see how well this does multiplat. 

Probably not too well. I mean this sells only in the US. I also doubt they will bother with a Switch version when they got to manage current and next gen at the same time. Maybe later down the line.

6 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

Probably not too well. I mean this sells only in the US. I also doubt they will bother with a Switch version when they got to manage current and next gen at the same time. Maybe later down the line.

Nintendo literally retweeted it...  it's guaranteed.. lmao  Sony devs can handle development across multiple platforms just as well as any other developers.