Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Casual

Sony copying the Z button 24 years later. Adding back button to DS4

Recommended Posts

 

 

 

why is there a oled screen on this?

 

also can't wait to see how it impacts the already terrible battery life of these things. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The xloaf elite controller HBFR, now you get the most notable feature from it for a fraction of the price, and you get to keep the DS4's superior ergonomics.

 

the #1 FPS pad in the world just gets better and better.

  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i cant get hyped over a fucking controller attachment lol 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Rambo said:

i cant get hyped over a fucking controller attachment lol 

It’s great for competitive play where you can jump/crouch for example while keeping your thumbs on the sticks the whole time. It’s only $30, pretty good for people who don’t want to spend $200 on a scuf or elite controller.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Pureis said:

It’s great for competitive play where you can jump/crouch for example while keeping your thumbs on the sticks the whole time. It’s only $30, pretty good for people who don’t want to spend $200 on a scuf or elite controller.

if it doesnt add easy chatting for console plebs in mp then i dont care. give me front screen so you can type on software keyboard

Edited by Rambo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have this for the Xbox 360 controller.   Underrated.    Does SONY have anything like this for PS3 or PS4 controller?  I could use google to research though?

 

 

Xbox ONE controller keyboard accessory.

713Zh6GcwjL._SL1500_.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very weird, especially so late in the gen.

 

I like that you can program those "fins" for any of the buttons, but its weird that they had to create an OLED screen so that you can do that. I guess that means that the functionality is entirely within the dongle, and they don't need to update PS4 OS firmware to recognize it.

 

But, they just released a $30 item that had an OLED display on it. And it looks like it has a decent resolution. I wonder if this is a test product for the PS5 controller having a screen on the front. Maybe its not a full color OLED display, but rather a monochromatic OLED display.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Very weird, especially so late in the gen.

 

I like that you can program those "fins" for any of the buttons, but its weird that they had to create an OLED screen so that you can do that. I guess that means that the functionality is entirely within the dongle, and they don't need to update PS4 OS firmware to recognize it.

 

But, they just released a $30 item that had an OLED display on it. And it looks like it has a decent resolution. I wonder if this is a test product for the PS5 controller having a screen on the front. Maybe its not a full color OLED display, but rather a monochromatic OLED display.

This should have all been handled in software, really weird decision. Also this makes me think the PS5 is actually going to resemble that devkit 

 

:sabu:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bhytre said:

Why so late into the gen though :patrice:

Probably for cross-gen compatibility and the DS5 is probably going to have it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, bhytre said:

Why so late into the gen though :patrice:

Probably hoping more PC gamers will get this to play the ps4 ports and not the xbox controller 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×