DF - XsX vs Ps5 GPU leak 12tf vs 9.2

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I do every day... when I play games at 2-3x the framerates consoles do     I literally don't have to do anything.. I'm ready.         But that's not good enough. 3080ti a

I think I will build SWs best Pc next gen, to compliment my XSX when I don't need to best graphics and performance 

3 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

No... that's not clear at all.

"It uses our next generation RDNA gaming graphics architecture"

It doesn't even imply it, it straight up says it. Not the current RDNA, the next generation of RDNA.

top__id1568286961_343178.jpg

_id1568286633_343178.jpg

:cmpunk1:

Edited by DynamiteCop!
1 minute ago, DynamiteCop! said:

"It uses our next generation RDNA gaming graphics architecture"

It doesn't even imply it, it straight up says it. Not the current RDNA, the next generation of RDNA.

top__id1568286961_343178.jpg

:cmpunk1:

lmao dude I already told you it can be taken both ways.

It doesn't say "the next generation of our RDNA architecture"... it says "out next generation RDNA architecture"...

And including a cropped slide from a completely different thing isn't helping you :D 

42 minutes ago, JONBpc said:

I doubt it will be that much weaker too . I hope not , that would be pathetic .

It's hilarious watching the reefsetera cows lose their minds tho :D you won't be able to tell the difference!!1

ENEPNxSU0AE1Gwe?format=jpg&name=large

:cruise: 

When is AMD going to implement DXR to RDNA 1.0.  Now beginning the new year would be a good time to start allowing Microsoft DirectX ray tracing to work with the NAVI GPUs so developers can work and test the next ray tracing games. 

If NVIDIA is able to do this to Pascal and the Turing GTX 16 Series, why is AMD dragging their feet.

36 CUs, I think is locked in stone unless this is an early model for BC testing and stuff. So clockspeed is key now. X has 56 CUs. Or their 2019 launch cancelled model.

Which I doubt is true since that would be too high end for a 2019 launch GPU imo.

A high end 2019 Navi GPU in a 400 2020 console sounds very rational.

Edited by Team 2019
5 minutes ago, Vini said:

I told y'all Sony fucked themselves into a $400 price point next gen. 

While a $400 price point is fine it's quite clear now that it really limits the system capability. I mean a 9.2 Teraflop PS5 isn't bad, that's 11.5 Teraflops GCN, but it goes to show you what could have been.

11 minutes ago, Vini said:

I told y'all Sony fucked themselves into a $400 price point next gen. 

Going for mass market price is not fucking up. It's a mass market console with one model.

It's still a hell of a deal hardware wise if it's 400.

I'd rather the console sell and have good support rather than have a low sales uptake.

Edited by Team 2019
5 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

Also according to the leak it's likely the PS5 APU doesn't feature ray tracing and has a separate dedicated chip for it.

So very different RT between the two

Honestly, I'm curious if this will actually present some kind of problem for them. Like an eSRAM type situation that pisses developers off. 

44 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

Also according to the leak it's likely the PS5 APU doesn't feature ray tracing and has a separate dedicated chip for it.

So very different RT between the two

Would be very interesting, and it would explain a lot of things.

38 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Honestly, I'm curious if this will actually present some kind of problem for them. Like an eSRAM type situation that pisses developers off. 

Developers are usually never fond of added complexity... but as always the results would completely depend on the implementation.  I could see Sony's developers putting in the work to get good performance out of it.. whatever it ends up being.  But I think generally devs would prefer the Xbox and PC implementation built right into the GPU using DXR (and Vulkan on PC) where both AMD and Nvidia can tune and optimize quality and performance for their respective architectures through their drivers.

7 hours ago, Team 2019 said:

Going for mass market price is not fucking up. It's a mass market console with one model.

It's still a hell of a deal hardware wise if it's 400.

I'd rather the console sell and have good support rather than have a low sales uptake.

I cant wait to see the damage control 

All of the insiders confirmed it 

:mj: