Obsidian Entertainment

CD Project Red

Rockstar

Square-Enix

Infinity Ward

Edited by The Mother Fucker
1 minute ago, jehurey said:

Best game of the decade was Deus Ex Human Revolution

I disagree. I enjoyed it a lot but it was too short and most boss fights were way too easy because you could just upgrade typhoon, walk near them and kill them in 1-2 hits.

1 minute ago, kaz said:

I disagree. I enjoyed it a lot but it was too short and most boss fights were way too easy because you could just upgrade typhoon, walk near them and kill them in 1-2 hits.

I say that even with those flaws. And I dunno about you, but I did everything in the game, and explored every nook and cranny and got well over 40 hours in the game, I don't compare it to JRPGs and or WRPGs because Deus Ex is an action game.

I think its greatest accomplishment was that it resurrected Deus Ex. (If only temporarily, I hope that the IP is still active.)

I love that Detroit map the moment I came across a side quest that had me go to an apartment building, to an upper floor, and I came across a ransacked apartment that had a dead body in it, and during my investigated a couple of thugs came in to kill me. Spent a long-ass time sneaking through the whole police station, every room, hacking everything.

I knew that the Detroit map was woefully small (like 3 streets and 10 buildings), but the possibilities felt amazing.

.....and that is when to I got to the Hengsha map and realized that I never felt so pleased being in a game world in a long time. I had no idea this game was going to do that. My experience with the original Deus Ex in 2000 was comically negative, I was never a fan of this IP until DXHR.

6 minutes ago, jehurey said:

I say that even with those flaws. And I dunno about you, but I did everything in the game, and explored every nook and cranny and got well over 40 hours in the game, I don't compare it to JRPGs and or WRPGs because Deus Ex is an action game.

I think its greatest accomplishment was that it resurrected Deus Ex. (If only temporarily, I hope that the IP is still active.)

I love that Detroit map the moment I came across a side quest that had me go to an apartment building, to an upper floor, and I came across a ransacked apartment that had a dead body in it, and during my investigated a couple of thugs came in to kill me. Spent a long-ass time sneaking through the whole police station, every room, hacking everything.

I knew that the Detroit map was woefully small (like 3 streets and 10 buildings), but the possibilities felt amazing.

.....and that is when to I got to the Hengsha map and realized that I never felt so pleased being in a game world in a long time. I had no idea this game was going to do that. My experience with the original Deus Ex in 2000 was comically negative, I was never a fan of this IP until DXHR.

I explored everything and did about every side quest. After you go back to Detroit I probably missed one/some, I can't remember doing much there. And starting with the epilogue there aren't any at all, it's fighting soldiers/armor and later the crazies. 

I finished it in 25 hours. Loved it but the flaws I mentioned really hold the game back for me, the combat and stealth was amazing and then the boss fights are a complete letdown. I think the first one (the bulky dude) was actually the best boss in the game, because you couldn't just burst him. The invisible bitch was annoying and the main villain dude was just awful - 2 typhoon - that's it. I don't like cheap mechanics like that. I know you acknowledge these flaws and they don't matter to you as much but I can't overlook these flaws. 

The side quests in hensha were the best part. And maybe the old pal in the police department in detroit, lmfao that shit was hilarious how you could guilt trip that guy, even tho jensen was a total asshole and it was all his fault. (kinda). Just my opinion. 

Objectively however, Final Fantasy 14: Shadowbringers is the best game of the decade, not DE:HR. (yes, it is a fact. deal with it).