Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
MalaXmaS

Persona 5, holy shit...

Recommended Posts

This game is fucking amazing.

I just spent my entire Sunday playing that game.

And I haven't done that in quite a while.

I just beat Kamoshida's palace.

The battles at 3F and the top of the tower were challenging and there are some issues that could have been improved, like the lack of sp potions and the dungeon planning.

However, I was expecting this sheer amount of excellence from this game.

Edited by MalaXmaS
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Game was way too long and bloated. It had nowhere near enough content or variety to justify the 100+ hours it takes to finish. Definitely my least favorite Persona game.

Edited by Twinblade

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Game was way too long and bloated. It had nowhere near enough content or variety to justify the 100+ hours it takes to finish. Definitely my least favorite Persona game.

So that means it must be good then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

Best JRPG of the gen

It’s tied with fire emblem three houses for me. 

Edited by -GD-
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, -GD- said:

It’s tied with fire emblem three houses for me. 

Both are top tier for their respective sub genres (turn based and SRPG). 

Persona 5 specifically though has made it near impossible for me to play any other turn based JRPG since it's quality of life improvements to the gameplay and battle systems were so damn good. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, モンキー said:

I might give it a go later on this year with Persona 5 Royal. Which is ironic I guess because the reason i didnt play P5 was because its so long.

Yeah. It’s obnoxiously long, like Maltese said. It’s best to just take your time with it. I rushed it and finished it in 2 weeks lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

is it well paced or why do the battles remain so tough? is it ''imposible'' to grind? or what? is it boss-centric?  I played a little Persona. I thought it was.. all right.. just all right..  All right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, kokujin said:

is it well paced or why do the battles remain so tough? is it ''imposible'' to grind? or what? is it boss-centric?  I played a little Persona. I thought it was.. all right.. just all right..  All right?

You can't grind because of the sp issue.

It's like mana part of your character and you can't regain it unless your character goes to sleep and in order to do that, you have to leave the dungeon and a days passes.

You have a limited number of days to fullfill a "palace" and you also have activities and other stuff to level up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would have been able to tolerate the length if so many other parts of the game didn't disappoint me. The characters and story just didn't resonate with me like they did in P3 or 4. I guess im in the minority though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

I would have been able to tolerate the length if so many other parts of the game didn't disappoint me. The characters and story just didn't resonate with me like they did in P3 or 4. I guess im in the minority though.

FFVII was delayed, Twinblade.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, madmaltese said:

Best JRPG of the gen

good one :tom:  

Edited by kaz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2020-01-14 at 11:48 PM, Twinblade said:

I would have been able to tolerate the length if so many other parts of the game didn't disappoint me. The characters and story just didn't resonate with me like they did in P3 or 4. I guess im in the minority though.

I disagree.

Ryuji and Takamaki are pretty good characters.

Just unlocked Yuzuke and he seems a pretty idealistic character.

33 hours in and about to change Madarame's heart.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, MalaXmaS said:

I disagree.

Ryuji and Takamaki are pretty good characters.

Just unlocked Yuzuke and he seems a pretty idealistic character.

33 hours in and about to change Madarame's heart.

This Chinese nikka gayming. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×