Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Twinblade

Metro Redux Switch trailer

Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

Holy shit that looks terrible. :scared:

You can tell from that short teaser it looks terrible?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Pureis said:

You can tell from that short teaser it looks terrible?

You watching the same trailer? It's quite obvious how low quality all the assets are.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

You watching the same trailer? It's quite obvious how low quality all the assets are.

Can't tell much from a heavily compressed Youtube video that is dark as shit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2020-01-16 at 5:46 PM, madmaltese said:

The graphics, atmosphere and visuals are such a gigantic part of this game that I can't imagine playing it on Switch and it being any good. 

 

On 2020-01-16 at 10:15 PM, lynux3 said:

Holy shit that looks terrible. :scared:

 

On 2020-01-16 at 10:25 PM, lynux3 said:

You watching the same trailer? It's quite obvious how low quality all the assets are.

Turns out that it was a quality port.....

 

 

 

4A Games itself handles the port with terrific results.

 

To begin with, we can confirm that this is indeed the newer, more modern Redux version of the game - not a conversion of the last-gen Xbox 360/PS3 renditions

 

Side by side, Switch Metro is remarkably similar to its current-gen console counterparts

 

it winds up looking extremely clean and sharp on the Switch's internal LCD. Image quality is simply superb 

 

It's really one of the best presented Switch games in portable mode

 

 

Elsewhere, the port continues to impress. In terms of visual detail, the Switch version compares very favourably to PS4 with virtually everything carrying over intact 

 

Metro Redux is a unique experience that has somehow managed to translate over beautifully to Nintendo Switch - and 4A Games' reputation for technical excellence is demonstrated yet again. We'll be talking to the developer soon about the process of bringing these titles to the Nintendo hardware, how the team utilises the Switch's Nvidia-deevloped NVN low-level graphics API

 

 

 

 

 

 

impressive :dame:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2020-01-16 at 5:42 PM, Twinblade said:

 

Will probably look and run rough af but the idea of being able to play this on a handheld is pretty cool.

 

Not really. Considering everyone has already played it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Goukosan said:

 

 

Turns out that it was a quality port.....

 

 

 

4A Games itself handles the port with terrific results.

 

To begin with, we can confirm that this is indeed the newer, more modern Redux version of the game - not a conversion of the last-gen Xbox 360/PS3 renditions

 

Side by side, Switch Metro is remarkably similar to its current-gen console counterparts

 

it winds up looking extremely clean and sharp on the Switch's internal LCD. Image quality is simply superb 

 

It's really one of the best presented Switch games in portable mode

 

 

Elsewhere, the port continues to impress. In terms of visual detail, the Switch version compares very favourably to PS4 with virtually everything carrying over intact 

 

Metro Redux is a unique experience that has somehow managed to translate over beautifully to Nintendo Switch - and 4A Games' reputation for technical excellence is demonstrated yet again. We'll be talking to the developer soon about the process of bringing these titles to the Nintendo hardware, how the team utilises the Switch's Nvidia-deevloped NVN low-level graphics API

 

 

 

 

 

 

impressive :dame:

Well I'll be damned. It certainly does look rough as fuck with low quality assets like I said. :dame: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, lynux3 said:

Well I'll be damned. It certainly does look rough as fuck with low quality assets like I said. :dame: 

Lynux3 in full denial mode of Digital Foundry's analysis :drake:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Lynux3 in full denial mode of Digital Foundry's analysis :drake:

What is there possibly to deny about a low quality asset version of a game? :wonder: 

 

image.png

 

Impressive. :tom5: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×