Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Cookester15

Recording reveals Trump wanted Biden to run and was afraid of Bernie

Recommended Posts

Just now, Voidler said:

Of course he is

 

Trump demolished every single establishment Republican and Democrat who stood in his way in his Presedential run by attacking them from the left on trade, war, corruption. He wrecked the heir apparent to both the Bush and Clinton families

 

He can’t get to the left of Bernie, which would have made things much harder in 2016

 

That doesn’t matter as much in 2020 now that his base is so ingrained though

Trump's base can be as ingrained, they can full-on cultists for him. Its only 30% of the voting base.

 

He still needs Independents to win, and a Fox news poll showed that Independents want him Impeached and Removed by a 19 point margin.

 

The Democratic candidate needs to do one thing: have a campaign that excites people and will make people want to go out and vote. And Bernie seems like the only campaign that can do that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, jehurey said:

This is a bad time for the era of news.

 

Like I understand the criticism of corporations taking over news channels and affecting the quality of reporting. I wholeheartedly agree that is whats happening.

 

But I'm not to youtube news, that doesn't even have people on the ground getting the news. They're just taking other outlet's video and articles and making their analysis off of that. That's second-hand interpreted news. That's fucking ridiculous.

 

I don't know why a local newspaper hasn't moved their operations to a youtube channel so that maybe they can get some revenue that way, or a daily podcast so that they can also include advertising to help pay for their operation.

I like YouTube sources because they actually own up to their biases or who they support. If I’m watching Young Turks I know I’m getting the pro Bernie spin and they admit it. no BS about being unbiased 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Voidler said:

I like YouTube sources because they actually own up to their biases or who they support. If I’m watching Young Turks I know I’m getting the pro Bernie spin and they admit it. no BS about being unbiased 

Then you've made a choice to watch something because it self-affirms your pre-existing beliefs.

 

You watch it as comfort food.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jehurey said:

Trump's base can be as ingrained, they can full-on cultists for him. Its only 30% of the voting base.

 

He still needs Independents to win, and a Fox news poll showed that Independents want him Impeached and Removed by a 19 point margin.

 

The Democratic candidate needs to do one thing: have a campaign that excites people and will make people want to go out and vote. And Bernie seems like the only campaign that can do that.

My point is his messaging doesn’t need to be as potent this time

 

If it’s Biden he has to win over a huge amount of support in swing states. Trump now has a huge block of loyalists who can see him as doing no wrong

 

And as much as I didn’t like Hillary, she could take an attack. Biden has been crumbling under the slightest pressure from Bernie. 
 

Bernie has the momentum and is the only candidate I can see withstanding the Trump rhetoric

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Cookester15 said:

its hilarious some of you are more concerned with the messenger than the message. 

Actually I told you how you would post the message in a truly un-biased fashion.

 

What's actually hilarious is...........you avoided giving an answer about the messenger even though we're asking you very, very simply questions. And that's because you don't have a good defense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, jehurey said:

Then you've made a choice to watch something because it self-affirms your pre-existing beliefs.

 

You watch it as comfort food.

 

 

I try to watch a variety of sources. My point is there is literally no way not to watch a news source that doesn’t exist in its own bubble these days. Most of my news sources just acknowledge their own viewpoints for context

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Cookester15 said:

its hilarious some of you are more concerned with the messenger than the message. 

What is there to be concerned about with the message? Nobody here likes Biden and Sanders is almost everybody's first or second choice. It's also been posted before, so I'm not sure what kind of discussion you think everybody is running away from.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jehurey said:

Actually I told you how you would post the message in a truly un-biased fashion.

 

What's actually hilarious is...........you avoided giving an answer about the messenger even though we're asking you very, very simply questions. And that's because you don't have a good defense.

So you don't like a pro Bernie stance? Still, doesn't change the content of the recording. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Cookester15 said:

So you don't like a pro Bernie stance? Still, doesn't change the content of the recording. 

Do you honestly think you have a snowball's chance in hell at trying to make me look like I hate Bernie?

 

Do you honestly think you can successfully avoid the one topic that I keep on redirecting you back to, because you're clearly avoiding what I said about people who watch youtubers for their news?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Hot Sauce said:

I don't think there's a single person on here that actually likes Biden. :D

 

That's the point. Why are Dems here ridiculing the messengers when Shoe's opinions are irrelevant to the point Cook's making. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Saucer said:

That's the point. Why are Dems here ridiculing the messengers when Shoe's opinions are irrelevant to the point Cook's making. 

Cooke isn't making a point. He's re-posting an audio recording that everybody had a collective 'well yeah' and a shrug that would start zero discussion here unless you wanted to make the argument that Sanders can be labelled as a commie and that would get him killed in the general.

 

Discussion surrounding Cooke's obsession with YouTube personalities is not defending Biden nor is it avoiding the message. When asked what discussion Cooke thought this would generate, he just ignored it to argue about something else with somebody else. This thread is an example of a persecution complex flare up and nothing more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Hot Sauce said:

Cooke isn't making a point. He's re-posting an audio recording that everybody had a collective 'well yeah' and a shrug that would start zero discussion here unless you wanted to make the argument that Sanders can be labelled as a commie and that would get him killed in the general.

 

Discussion surrounding Cooke's obsession with YouTube personalities is not defending Biden nor is it avoiding the message. When asked what discussion Cooke thought this would generate, he just ignored it to argue about something else with somebody else. This thread is an example of a persecution complex flare up and nothing more.

 

Establishment Dems think Biden is far more electable than Sanders (Chait this morning in NYMag said running Sanders would be "an act of isanity"), and the conventional wisdom was that Trump would far prefer to run against Sanders then Biden, and that's why he tried to kneecap Biden this early in the election cycle with the Hunter investigation.  This isn't a "well yeah" unless you're living in a Bernie bubble.

 

Ike then turned Cook's post into a criticism of YouTubers and fake news, and you jumped straight on board.
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, jehurey said:

Then you've made a choice to watch something because it self-affirms your pre-existing beliefs.

 

You watch it as comfort food.

 

 

 

Remember when you said if you got an increase in your welfare check that you'd buy a second TV so you could watch Maddow and MSNBC 24/7?
 

At this point you've gorged on so much political junk food they'll need a crane to lift you out of your mud hut when you die of diabetes. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Saucer said:

Establishment Dems think Biden is far more electable than Sanders (Chait this morning in NYMag said running Sanders would be "an act of isanity"), and the conventional wisdom was that Trump would far prefer to run against Sanders then Biden, and that's why he tried to kneecap Biden this early in the election cycle with the Hunter investigation.  This isn't a "well yeah" unless you're living in a Bernie bubble.

Establishment Dems aren't the Sanders supporters on this board.

 

5 minutes ago, Saucer said:

Ike then turned Cook's post into a criticism of YouTubers and fake news, and you jumped straight on board.

Yeah, and?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Saucer said:

 

Remember when you said if you got an increase in your welfare check that you'd buy a second TV so you could watch Maddow and MSNBC 24/7?
 

At this point you've gorged on so much political junk food they'll need a crane to lift you out of your mud hut when you die of diabetes. 

 

 

Jerry is on welfare?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Hot Sauce said:

Establishment Dems aren't the Sanders supporters on this board.

 

Yeah, and?

 

The audio is newsworthy and instead you guys jumped on Cook.  

 

Edit for Clarity: I don't think Cook meant it as a dig at Sanders at all, it was a dig at Biden, and ya'll are so paranoid about non-Leftists criticizing your team that you still jumped on him even though he was taking a shot at your main rival candidate in the party.

 

The Communists' paranoia is already ramping up.

Edited by Saucer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Jerry is on welfare?

 

We know he lives with his brother and doesn't have a job and is clinically retarded so I have to assume.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Saucer said:

 

Remember when you said if you got an increase in your welfare check that you'd buy a second TV so you could watch Maddow and MSNBC 24/7?
 

At this point you've gorged on so much political junk food they'll need a crane to lift you out of your mud hut when you die of diabetes. 

 

 

I got this guy butthurt, going on 5 days straight now.

 

All because his attempt at painting me as a communist by saying I post from jacobinmag.

 

In fact, on this forum.......Saucer has posted 4 articles from jaconbinmag, and i've only posted one. LOL

 

Keep the butthurt coming.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×