Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Cookester15

The DNC is hot garbage

Recommended Posts

LOL MSNBC had their stats guy provide an update at midnight. Bernie is going to come from behind and win it after Buttigieg attempted to do what Hillary did in Iowa in 2016, and quickly announce victory and rush out of town before they got the final results.

 

I had actually forgotten about that Iowa incident in 2016. It was really close, and Hillary said she won, and rushed out of town. And Bernie was caught flat-footed saying "hold on" but the media ran with it, and eventually they just decided "eh, it was close to a tie" without actually making it official.

 

https://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/watch/kornacki-there-is-now-a-chance-sanders-will-overtake-buttigieg-and-win-the-iowa-caucuses-78212165887

 

This is why Bernie's people had the DNC change the rules in Iowa to show how many people voted for him at each precinct, so that we could get a raw person count in addition to the "State Delegate Equivalent" votes that are calculated. Because Bernie suspected that he had more people turn out for the Iowa caucus in 2016, and this time around in 2020.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Cookester15 said:

Does anyone not believe 2016 was rigged in Hillary's favor? 

The rigging was a legal form of rigging, done out in the open.

 

You see, the "superdelegates" have about 700 votes, and the states having their primary elections comprise of about 4051 votes, that they earn with the percentage of each primary occuring in each state.

 

So what happened was, in early January, the superdelegates started declaring their vote for Hillary Clinton. Superdelegates are existing members of the party, like a local Congresswoman, or a governor.

 

So, because the Clintons have been building up these loyalties over time, which is logical that they would because they've been going the country during the 90's, and helping keep the fundraising networks active all of these years, alot of these superdelegates in early January, started immediately posting their endorsement and their primary delegate for Hillary.

 

It felt like they were told to start posting it at a certain date. At least 400 of them. Mind you, they won't actually get to make their official vote until August 2016 at the convention, but they are declaring their votes in January 2016.

 

What makes that nasty is that CNN and MSNBC and all other media outlets, before the first primary ever begins, shows a graph of how many delegates  the main two candidates have. And it showed Hillary with 400 and Bernie with zero. So the average person will think to themselves that Hillary is already running away with it, and that Bernie doesn't have a chance. This could have well affected how the primary elections played out, especially the first Super Tuesday.

 

They changed the rules in which superdelegates cannot reveal their vote this early.

 

Also, the other form of "rigging" is that no other major Democratic figure wanted to compete against Hillary in 2016. There was the sense that they were all allowing her to be the only candidate. Joe Biden had his other son dying, so we don't know if he would've run or not had he not had to deal with that.

 

But the field for the 2016 Democratic primary was ridiculously small, especially after Barack's term limit has been maxed, you would imagine that there would be 10+ candidates, but there was only like 5, and 2 of them were a complete joke from the start. Bernie tried to get Elizabeth Warren to run against Hillary in 2015, but she didn't want to. So Bernie decided to enter the race to try and make it competitive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Cookie is referring to the sheer amount of tempering we can see the DNC attempting. We can only see it because Bernie camp forced more transparency. They definitely did the same or worse in 2016

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Cookie is referring to the sheer amount of tempering we can see the DNC attempting. We can only see it because Bernie camp forced more transparency. And because everyone has been wise enough to take as many photos and receipts as possible. They definitely did the same or worse in 2016

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Voidler said:

I think Cookie is referring to the sheer amount of tempering we can see the DNC attempting. We can only see it because Bernie camp forced more transparency. And because everyone has been wise enough to take as many photos and receipts as possible. They definitely did the same or worse in 2016

The most blatant rigging in 2016 was there being no serious candidates. Like you could tell that everybody in the Dem Party moved aside for Hillary to run.

 

Like, it almost seem like there was a message there to not even think about competing against Hillary in 2016, or else there would be retaliation.

 

Since Bernie could never be threatened in his home state of Vermont, and his fundraising mechanism exists outside of the Democratic Party system since he's listed as an Independent, has no risk.

 

Off the top of my head, there was 3-4 incidents that didn't look good.

 

1.) Iowa didn't call it fast enough in 2016, Hillary immediately declared victory and ran away, and the media just portray it as a virtual tie.

 

2.) In Nevada, Democratic Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, who is from Nevada, called the state governor and some local people to allow Casino workers to stop working that afternoon of the Caucus and go vote. On the surface, this doesn't sound like a bad thing, but Chris Matthews from Hardball on MSNBC said cheekily "so, if the boss told you that Harry Reid called and requested that you take a break and go caucus, and the boss goes and stands on the Hillary side of the room, what side do you think the employees are going to be standing on?"

 

The implication was the casino employees were told that they better vote for Hillary.

 

3.) In New York, you must change your registration to Democrat in order to be allowed to vote in the Primary election in that state, which occurs in March or April (I forget). The problem is, they had to have done that SIX MONTHS PRIOR to the primary, in October 2015.  Before the first televised debate, before anybody got to see Bernie on a national stage. So there's a whole bunch of Independents, or new voters. And they not able to vote in the New York primary. because they needed to do all their registration stuff half a year ago. Bernie lost in New York.

 

4.) In Arizona, in the most populated counties, they just didn't report any numbers on election night, as far as I can tell. They just declared Hillary the victor, without reporting what the votes were in the urban areas.

 

With that said, Bernie still got like 42% of the primary votes. They fucked up by giving him too much exposure as being the only competitor to Hillary throughout the late 2015/early 2016. Bernie remain very popular, and he never went away.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, jehurey said:

The most blatant rigging in 2016 was there being no serious candidates. Like you could tell that everybody in the Dem Party moved aside for Hillary to run.

 

Like, it almost seem like there was a message there to not even think about competing against Hillary in 2016, or else there would be retaliation.

 

Since Bernie could never be threatened in his home state of Vermont, and his fundraising mechanism exists outside of the Democratic Party system since he's listed as an Independent, has no risk.

 

Off the top of my head, there was 3-4 incidents that didn't look good.

 

1.) Iowa didn't call it fast enough in 2016, Hillary immediately declared victory and ran away, and the media just portray it as a virtual tie.

 

2.) In Nevada, Democratic Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, who is from Nevada, called the state governor and some local people to allow Casino workers to stop working that afternoon of the Caucus and go vote. On the surface, this doesn't sound like a bad thing, but Chris Matthews from Hardball on MSNBC said cheekily "so, if the boss told you that Harry Reid called and requested that you take a break and go caucus, and the boss goes and stands on the Hillary side of the room, what side do you think the employees are going to be standing on?"

 

The implication was the casino employees were told that they better vote for Hillary.

 

3.) In New York, you must change your registration to Democrat in order to be allowed to vote in the Primary election in that state, which occurs in March or April (I forget). The problem is, they had to have done that SIX MONTHS PRIOR to the primary, in October 2015.  Before the first televised debate, before anybody got to see Bernie on a national stage. So there's a whole bunch of Independents, or new voters. And they not able to vote in the New York primary. because they needed to do all their registration stuff half a year ago. Bernie lost in New York.

 

4.) In Arizona, in the most populated counties, they just didn't report any numbers on election night, as far as I can tell. They just declared Hillary the victor, without reporting what the votes were in the urban areas.

 

With that said, Bernie still got like 42% of the primary votes. They fucked up by giving him too much exposure as being the only competitor to Hillary throughout the late 2015/early 2016. Bernie remain very popular, and he never went away.

The media spent the entire campaign projecting pre-committed superdelegates onto Hillary’s numbers, blunting enthusiasm and painting an unwinnable scenario for Bernie. 15% of the vote decided by elites

 

Which resulted in shit like this

https://youtu.be/dns0Mck1R-Q

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh and of course the DNC conspiring with Hillary campaign 

 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRZ7PtKGy-nC4UBzLpPjGz

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ1t_zQADCwuZ9ZMikZT_9


And of course the fact that the DNC were funnelling money and donations to HRC

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2020-02-07 at 4:15 AM, Voidler said:

Oh and of course the DNC conspiring with Hillary campaign 

 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRZ7PtKGy-nC4UBzLpPjGz

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ1t_zQADCwuZ9ZMikZT_9


And of course the fact that the DNC were funnelling money and donations to HRC

No bias

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, madmaltese said:

American politics is weird as fuck

I honestly have never seen it this bad and as much of a circus as it is. On one hand it’s interesting, but on the other I’m tired already of hearing about politics every day. I used to watch the news before trump and I would hear what’s going on in the world. That doesent happen much anymore. Every news station is 24 hour trump station. I have a friend who’s a trump supporter and he told me he agrees with trump but admits he’s made politics so immature to watch now

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Delita said:

I honestly have never seen it this bad and as much of a circus as it is. On one hand it’s interesting, but on the other I’m tired already of hearing about politics every day. I used to watch the news before trump and I would hear what’s going on in the world. That doesent happen much anymore. Every news station is 24 hour trump station. I have a friend who’s a trump supporter and he told me he agrees with trump but admits he’s made politics so immature to watch now

Even outside of Trump though, to the rest of the world this shit is so fn strange. I've said it before but it literally is like a sporting contest more than an election over there. Just the entire system. The way each candidate from each party first fights to win nomination, the way the voting works and there being superdelegetes, the fact that money is such a gigantic part of it and needing money to properly campaign and how that opens you up to massive conflict of interests (interests of the ppl who might vote for you v interest of those that 'invested' in you). The whole system seems one very much built to be able to heavily manipulate at any moment. 

Also how can (for eg) the Democratic party stand for anything when it has so many ppl so such polar opposite views running for it's leadership. Why is there even parties at that stage? Ppl like Sanders, Biden, Tulsi, etc have such differing views that it makes no sense that which ever one wins just becomes the 'democrats' overall view, when it clearly isn't. Same goes for republicans and last time with Trump v everyone else. 

 

Every other model I see around the world just makes more sense than the US one. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, madmaltese said:

Even outside of Trump though, to the rest of the world this shit is so fn strange. I've said it before but it literally is like a sporting contest more than an election over there. Just the entire system. The way each candidate from each party first fights to win nomination, the way the voting works and there being superdelegetes, the fact that money is such a gigantic part of it and needing money to properly campaign and how that opens you up to massive conflict of interests (interests of the ppl who might vote for you v interest of those that 'invested' in you). The whole system seems one very much built to be able to heavily manipulate at any moment. 

Also how can (for eg) the Democratic party stand for anything when it has so many ppl so such polar opposite views running for it's leadership. Why is there even parties at that stage? Ppl like Sanders, Biden, Tulsi, etc have such differing views that it makes no sense that which ever one wins just becomes the 'democrats' overall view, when it clearly isn't. Same goes for republicans and last time with Trump v everyone else. 

 

Every other model I see around the world just makes more sense than the US one. 

On the one hand it looks totally crazy

 

On the other hand, you legitimately can have an outsider run and win and the people pick the president - not the party. In Aus we pick the party, they can knife and replace the prime minister anytime they want, and they do. We haven’t seen a PM Not get ousted since 2008

 

Id much rather something like the US system, for all its issues

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×