So Microsoft is allowing anyone at anytime to upgrade Xbox live Gold to GamePass Ultimate for the price of one month

I didn't realize they were shoving this deal in our faces and making it so obvious.  My Xbox Live Gold just expired so I was looking into what I would like to get.  For example I can get 6 months of Xbox GamePass for I believe $69.99 CAD at Walmart is where I think I saw them?  I think Costco had a better deal but whatever.. Of course Xbox Live Gold 1 year is $69.99 here as well.. but that's for 1 year versus the 6 month GamePass.

Well I just checked the Xbox store and found that I could literally go purchase up to 3 years of Xbox Live Gold and then MS will allow me to upgrade to GamePass Ultimate, which because it includes Live Gold and GamePass together, it will use your current amount of months or years worth of Xbox live Gold and match the Xbox Live Ultimate to whatever amount you already have on Live Gold.

I'm just gonna get a year of gold then pay the 1 month to upgrade to ultimate, which will then convert to getting GamePass Ulitmate for 1 year since it will be matching my newly purchased live gold membership.  I could buy 3 years of gold and then get 1 month of GamePass Ultimate which will automatically give me Gamepass for 3 years. 

The next time I get billed for the 1 month of GamePass Ultimate will be in 3 years.  I can also cancel my membership tomorrow and it will still go on for the next 3 years... it simply won't auto bill me again in 3 years.

So what you gotta to say about that haters? :trump:

11 minutes ago, Hot Sauce said:

Welcome to June 2019.

I know but I've been trying to find a new opportunity to take advantage of this deal and MS is like here you go. .  Buy Xbox Live Gold and they pretty much throw in GamePass.  Didn't realize I could get this deal so easily. :ben: MS is like giving away game pass kind of.. I love it. :juggle: 

So right now Xbox live Gold is a pretty good value with everything you get. 

Edited by Spicalicious

Fuck you pricks none of you were actually aware of this manipulation where I can buy years of gold and then upgrade to ultimate which would give 3 years of free gamepass.  all you fucks remember are the cheap gamepass deals for 3 months.. :trump: and then you all howled because MS wanted to charge you for another 3 months.. like it wasn't your responsibility to pay attention to how these charges work.. Well logic says that if you are purchasing a 3 month block of service that your billing will be every 3 months.  idiots. :will2:

I knew it right away and disabled recurring billing 5 minutes after purchase.  how can you be so naive :haloben: It's just the way it works.  It wasn't dirty of MS do do that imo.. I'm sure it mentioned it was a recurring bill.. but next time full price .. fucking duh.. 

Just now, JONBpc said:

I signed up for ultimate when it came out and haven't been charged for gp since . I dont know for how long but I'm guessing ima get hit with a bill at some.point .

you can check your subscriptions on your ms account for when your next payment is due if you want to know.

2 minutes ago, JONBpc said:

I signed up for ultimate when it came out and haven't been charged for gp since . I dont know for how long but I'm guessing ima get hit with a bill at some.point .

however long you had Xbox live gold for left on your account.. If you had 18 months then you have 18 months of free gamepass ultimate.   And the most your next charge would be would either be maybe 3 months if you bought that deal.. You should be able to disable recurring billing.  For me it's just cancelling the service.  I still have the service until it expires but it doesn't bill me again at expiration.  If you signed up for the 1 month deal then the highest the recurring charge would be is 1 month gamepass utlimate.

6 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

Everyone here knew of this. It was widely advertised and promoted last year. It's old ass news.

As far as I remember though you can only do it once. So if you do it, do it for a long period.

not true.. I can do it again.. I've already done it and have found a second opportunity.  That's kind of what I'm trying to say.

Edited by Spicalicious
1 minute ago, Spicalicious said:

not true.. I can do it again.. I've already done it and have found a second opportunity.  That's kind of what I'm trying to say.

well that's good. I did it once already for a couple months when gears came out but i'll do it again for Halo and series x then