Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Ike

Bill Barr, Roger Stone, and the death of an impartial judicial system

Recommended Posts

How can any of you fucktard Trumper defend this bullshit? :|

 

The Republicans literally lost their shit at Clinton talking to then AG Lynch on a tarmac for five minutes. Now Barr is acting as Trump's own personal lawyer and getting his buddies off of a heavy sentence.

Edited by Ike

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Those 4 lawyers who resigned need to become witnesses, and Adam Schiff needs to start new hearings with them as witness, so that they can talk about what is happening within the DoJ.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, jehurey said:

Those 4 lawyers who resigned need to become witnesses, and Adam Schiff needs to start new hearings with them as witness, so that they can talk about what is happening within the DoJ.

No no no no, Dems just need to pray that the judge gives stone Atleast half of the original proposed sentence. 

 

We don't need Schiff, Addler, Blumenthal, or fart boy going on MSNBC and CNN every night on some scooby doo shit. Nothing is going to happen on this. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Ike said:

How can any of you fucktard Trumper defend this bullshit? :|

 

The Republicans literally lost their shit at Clinton talking to then AG Lynch on a tarmac for five minutes. Now Barr is acting as Trump's own personal lawyer and getting his buddies off of a heavy sentence.

They're ok with it because they're cucks... the whole lot of em :scust:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Ike said:

How can any of you fucktard Trumper defend this bullshit? :|

 

The Republicans literally lost their shit at Clinton talking to then AG Lynch on a tarmac for five minutes. Now Barr is acting as Trump's own personal lawyer and getting his buddies off of a heavy sentence.

Pretty simple

 

Trumpers believe Trump is being unfairly targeted by dems and they will use shady tactics, cheat and lie to get rid of him

Trump therefore gets a pass in using shady tactics, cheating and lying in order to defend himself

 

Which part of this is confusing?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Vini said:

Pretty simple

 

Trumpers believe Trump is being unfairly targeted by dems and they will use shady tactics, cheat and lie to get rid of him

Trump therefore gets a pass in using shady tactics, cheating and lying in order to defend himself

 

Which part of this is confusing?

None of this is defending himself. He's using the power of the president's office to lower the sentence of a convicted criminal who is in court because he used illegal means to help Trump cheat in 2016. The President shouldn't have any say in the judicial system or do you not learn about 3 separate but equal parts of government in the constitution?

Edited by Ike

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ike said:

None of this is defending himself. He's using the power of the president's office to lower the sentence of a convicted criminal who is in court because he used illegal means to help Trump cheat in 2016. The President shouldn't have any say in the judicial system or do you not learn about 3 separate but equal parts of government in the constitution?

 

Trump's gonna break, cheat and bend all the rules of the US constitution for the next 1-5 years and get away with it afterwards. He's a populist with unconditional support. After him we will go back to business as usual.

 

I have my explanation for why he was ascended to that status and I know who's to blame. But It is what it is at this point. 

 

Edited by Vini

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Vini said:

 

Trump's gonna break, cheat and bend all the rules of the US constitution for the next 1-5 years and get away with it afterwards. He's a populist with unconditional support. After him we will go back to business as usual.

 

I have my explanation for why he was ascended to that status and I know who's to blame. But It is what it is at this point. 

 

If your attitude is like that with truth........you shouldn't be complaining anywhere near the amount the DNC does.

 

Even though one is a private organization with their own rules, and the other is a publicly-elected government with a set of existing laws that have been on the books for 250 years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Vini said:

Pretty simple

 

Trumpers believe Trump is being unfairly targeted by dems and they will use shady tactics, cheat and lie to get rid of him

Trump therefore gets a pass in using shady tactics, cheating and lying in order to defend himself

 

Which part of this is confusing?

Lmfao.. never change Vini

 

So you think Trump is breaking laws, lying and cheating to defend himself? :mj:

 

 

Instead of the reality of the situation.... the attempts to hold him accountable is BECAUSE of his own actions of breaking laws, lying and cheating. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Goukosan said:

Lmfao.. never change Vini

 

So you think Trump is breaking laws, lying and cheating to defend himself? :mj:

 

 

Instead of the reality of the situation.... the attempts to hold him accountable is BECAUSE of his own actions of breaking laws, lying and cheating. 

 

That's what Trumpers think. 

 

BTW Wokes vs Trumpers culture wars is the dumbest timeline imaginable. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Vini said:

 

That's what Trumpers think. 

 

BTW Wokes vs Trumpers culture wars is the dumbest timeline imaginable. 

Sorry............you attempting to generate a false equivalency to "Trumpers" out of thin air, in some sort of pathetic attempt to say that "both of them cancel each other out" isn't going to work here.

 

Its very simply. Trump is a criminal.

 

Not by any misguided-liberal standard............but by any typical standard in any era of US politics. 10 years ago, 20 years ago, 30 years ago, and especially 40 years ago.

 

Him being held accountable and investigated is the MINIMUM Nancy Pelosi and the Democrats should be doing.

 

Previous bodies of Congress would've probably opened up like 40 different investigations and over a hundred subpoenas by now and held people in contempt of Congress.

 

There's is nothing else that "the other side" is doing that justifies what Trump is doing. he is breaking laws, outright.  He's not breaking "culture war" laws................just plain ole fashioned laws and ethics violations.

 

Notice how when we try and focus on that stuff, you try to veer off to made up internet culture wars bullshit like as if you're trying to establish a false equivalency. Not gonna work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Vini said:

 

That's what Trumpers think. 

 

BTW Wokes vs Trumpers culture wars is the dumbest timeline imaginable. 

Says the woke dude who defends Trump. I guess you're the dumbest of the dumb. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Vini is not taking sides, he is just making an observation with the info at hand.  Of course he doesn't know what is in the mind of Trumpeters but his observation is valid.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, lostfool said:

Vini is not taking sides, he is just making an observation with the info at hand.  Of course he doesn't know what is in the mind of Trumpeters but his observation is valid.  

Its his "what'dya gonna do?" attitude that makes him a hypocrite.

 

He puts so much of his own time and energy bitching about the DNC and their 'corruption"............and when it comes to Trump and his administration breaking so many ethics rules or committing so much obstruction........to the point where people are saying that they are creating "constitutional crisis".

 

.........Vini has this "oh well, they're getting away with that because they can" :shrug:response.

 

He's an apologist. And then turns around and spends quite a bit of his own energy trying to be outraged at Democrats.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2020-02-13 at 8:13 PM, Liquid said:

Says the woke dude who defends Trump. I guess you're the dumbest of the dumb. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Vini said:

 

 

Calling you dumb is actually giving you credit that you have some moderate amount of goodness in you.

 

The alternative eliminates that possibility.

 

The fact that you get everything else wrong, its just more probably that you are just plain ole dumb.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The entire Judicial System is treating what is going on at William Barr's Dept. of Justice like a constitutional emergency.

 

 

Quote

 

Federal judges' association calls emergency meeting after DOJ intervenes in case of Trump ally Roger Stone

Kevin Johnson
USA TODAY
 

WASHINGTON – A national association of federal judges has called an emergency meeting Tuesday to address growing concerns about the intervention of Justice Department officials and President Donald Trump in politically sensitive cases, the group’s president said Monday.

Philadelphia U.S. District Judge Cynthia Rufe, who heads the independent Federal Judges Association, said the group “could not wait” until its spring conference to weigh in on a deepening crisis that has enveloped the Justice Department and Attorney General William Barr.

“There are plenty of issues that we are concerned about,” Rufe told USA TODAY. “We’ll talk all of this through.”

Rufe, nominated to the bench by President George W. Bush, said the group of more than 1,000 federal jurists called for the meeting last week after Trump criticized prosecutors' initial sentencing recommendation for his friend Roger Stone and the Department of Justice overruled them.

Trump also took a swipe at the federal judge who is set to preside at Stone’s sentencing hearing Thursday.

The unusual concern voiced by the judges’ group comes in the wake of an equally unusual protest. More than 2,000 former Justice Department officials called on Barr to resign Sunday, claiming his handling of the Stone case "openly and repeatedly flouted" the principle of equal justice.

 

It must take a lot of effort for right-wingers to try and pretend that they're too busy focusing on some other story. Are they still talking about Nancy Pelosi tearing up papers again?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

40 month sentence for him.

 

“He was not prosecuted, as some have complained, for standing up for the president. He was prosecuted for covering up for the president,” Federal District Court Judge Amy Berman Jackson said.

Edited by Ike

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×