Geoff Keighley skipping E3 for first time in 25 years.

15 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Just a matter of time until discussions start happening about which games convention publishers will start flocking to....im putting my money on PAX, its gotten bigger each year and doesn't seem to be slowing down.

i could see that. the game awards may be a good platform too. 

19 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Just a matter of time until discussions start happening about which games convention publishers will start flocking to....im putting my money on PAX, its gotten bigger each year and doesn't seem to be slowing down.

Seattle is also closer to Nintendo, MS, and Valve. 

36 minutes ago, JONBpc said:

90 percent of sonys show is 3rd parties so not much will change with them being there or not 

That means we should have a convention called 3rdParty-3  and it will pretty much show every game except Sony and Nintendo exclusives.

6 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

Sony's decision is genius in retrospect.

By the sounds of Geoff's statement, there's some really shitty politics going on there, so if anything it just makes it all less surprising.  It's probably not that Sony WANTED to ditch it... just that it was becoming less and less of something that Sony wanted to be a part of.

I wonder which other companies will decide to put the final nail in the coffin?

1 minute ago, Remij_ said:

By the sounds of Geoff's statement, there's some really shitty politics going on there, so if anything it just makes it all less surprising.  It's probably not that Sony WANTED to ditch it... just that it was becoming less and less of something that Sony wanted to be a part of.

I don't know, have they released a floor plan yet?

8 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

The rumours of Sony not attending are also based on a falling out with the ESA. Something is definitely happening behind the scenes. 
Sony though do now appear to be making the correct decision. Looks a lot better having others leave after you then to be the last one there standing.