Sign in to follow this  
DynamiteCop!

Seattle City Council at it again

Are they actively trying to kill this city? :jokercat:

The Seattle City Council on Monday unanimously approved legislation meant to halt residential evictions during the coldest, wettest months of the year, despite Mayor Jenny Durkan warning against the move. Councilmember Kshama Sawant’s legislation prohibits evictions from being carried out between Dec. 1 and March 1.

https://q13fox.com/2020/02/10/seattle-city-council-unanimously-votes-to-ban-evictions-in-winter/

The absolute retardation of left leaning politicians never ceases to amaze me. All rental properties will either be sold or turned into condos and individually sold.

I'm not sure what they were trying to accomplish here but it's not going to pan out. Seattle might become the first renter free city in the world.

12 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

https://q13fox.com/2020/02/10/seattle-city-council-unanimously-votes-to-ban-evictions-in-winter/

The absolute retardation of left leaning politicians never ceases to amaze me. All rental properties will either be sold or turned into condos and individually sold.

I'm not sure what they were trying to accomplish here but it's not going to pan out. Seattle might become the first renter free city in the world.

It doesn’t apply to renters of units of 4 or less. I don’t live in the city so I don’t really care. The city in terms of jobs and employment is fine. If anything you should be hopeful that the 737 Max starts getting delivered soon. That will have a huge effect on the entire PNW if they can’t start delivering and making more of those planes. Boeing is huge for the region. 

4 minutes ago, Ike said:

It doesn’t apply to renters of units of 4 or less. I don’t live in the city so I don’t really care. The city in terms of jobs and employment is fine. If anything you should be hopeful that the 737 Max starts getting delivered soon. That will have a huge effect on the entire PNW if they can’t start delivering and making more of those planes. Boeing is huge for the region. 

The point is they shouldn't be able to dictate shit like this, it's absolutely ridiculous. Removing rights from property owners, removing revenue from them, removing the ability for them to replace this deadbeat tenant regardless of the reason is pure bullshit.

Fuck property owners.  Fucking crooked pieces if shits.  I support this legislation

3 hours ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Makes sense. 

5 hours ago, DynamiteCop! said:

The point is they shouldn't be able to dictate shit like this, it's absolutely ridiculous. Removing rights from property owners, removing revenue from them, removing the ability for them to replace this deadbeat tenant regardless of the reason is pure bullshit.

No, you're just an idiot.

There are laws on the books in Texas that provide very similar protections.

And these laws were presented by Texas State Legislature YEARS AGO.

This document for recommendations for Dallas Public Housing guidelines is from October 1985 and referencing Texas State Legislature.

hMI0Mvk.png

Gee, those radical liberals in the Texas Senate in the 1980's sure seemed to understand the concept of prohibiting evictions during harsh weather.

Its amazing how much of a bitch Dynocrap is.

10 hours ago, DynamiteCop! said:

it's a four month period you imbecile

7 hours ago, lostfool said:

Fuck property owners.  Fucking crooked pieces if shits.  I support this legislation

So who you gonna rent from if no one buys rental units? 

8 hours ago, Goukosan said:

it's a four month period you imbecile

It's three months dumb fuck, also what kind of idiotic rationalization is that... There's no logical reason to allow this. 

5 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

It's three months dumb fuck, also what kind of idiotic rationalization is that... There's no logical reason to allow this. 

only 3 months.... that makes your bitch fit about this even worse :drake:

You do know that it's like this in red states like Texas too right?  Is that because of the absolute retardation of the right? 

Or is it something humanitarian? Hmmmm:mjpls:

32 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

only 3 months.... that makes your bitch fit about this even worse :drake:

You do know that it's like this in red states like Texas too right?  Is that because of the absolute retardation of the right? 

Or is it something humanitarian? Hmmmm:mjpls:

Texas law prevents eviction during inclement weather conditions, those pass... quickly especially in a place like Texas. Apples to oranges with a straight up restriction of property owner rights for 1/4 of the year every year...

3 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Texas law prevents eviction during inclement weather conditions, those pass... quickly especially in a place like Texas. Apples to oranges with a straight up restriction of property owner rights for 1/4 of the year every year...

No it isn't.

Seattle has determined that they have inclement weather for a majority of the year.

And compared to Texas.........they'd be absolutely correct.

Texas law has it that your local utility company cannot disconnect your electricity or water on days when the weather is past a certain temperature.

That could make it weeks or MONTHS out of the year in which they prohibit companies from doing that to you. Been on the books for a long time now.

The answer is rather simple.................................you're just a bitch.

3 minutes ago, jehurey said:

No it isn't.

Seattle has determined that they have inclement weather for a majority of the year.

And compared to Texas.........they'd be absolutely correct.

Texas law has it that your local utility company cannot disconnect your electricity or water on days when the weather is past a certain temperature.

That could make it weeks or MONTHS out of the year in which they prohibit companies from doing that to you. Been on the books for a long time now.

The answer is rather simple.................................you're just a bitch.

Right....

And you're a piece of shit communist who doesn't believe in property rights...

42 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

And what happens between Dec 1st and March 1st in Seattle? Hmmmm I wonder... hmmm.... how's the weather typically then? Nice and Warm and Sunny during the winter months? :mjpls:

That Texas law could extend waaaay being the 3 month Seattle has... Texas law has no limits.. as long as the weather is terrible it extends. 

Those absolutes retards on the right according to you.... right? :trump:

Edited by Goukosan

33 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Right....

And you're a piece of shit communist who doesn't believe in property rights...

No..........I'm just right in pointing out that you are a bitch.

Renters have always had rights, for decades.

You are trying to say that this is some new liberal phenomenon............and I'm PROVING you wrong.

And you don't have a response except to call people communist.

I remember when people on this forum discovered that in townships and cities........its illegal for you to COLLECT YOUR OWN DRINKING WATER.

And dipshit 17 year-old wannabe libertarians were acting like it was politcal correctness run amock.

Those laws..............were on the books since the 1800's. LOL It had nothing to do with big-government, overly-PC liberals. It was something that was made out of common sense.

................and you're crying about it. Like. A. Bitch.

49 minutes ago, Ike said:

I dunno. If we're talking about neighborhoods really close into a city, I don't know how you could justify 1/6 or 1/8 acre lots for a house unless there's a real family living there (4 people).

The suburbs surrounding a city area, sure go ahead and have single-family homes.

I don't like duplexes because of sharing a wall with another neighbor, and  the upper floor of a 2-story duplex usually has weird vaulted ceilings that make me feel claustrophobic upstairs.

Maybe something like a zero-lot house design might be a good compromise.

By the way, what's the deal with front yards? Does anybody actually want a front yard? I would push my house closer up to the sidewalk, so that I could have more backyard space. Is there any reason why we have to have front yards?