Sign in to follow this  
-GD-

COVID-19 Discussion Thead

7 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

The sad part that if hundreds of thousands of corpses do start piling up, all these assholes who think the country "should just keep going" are the first that are going to isolate their asses and forget the economy ever existed.

Basically everyone who took this position assumes, that they and the people they know won't be affected. That the thousands that will die are just faceless nobodies.

this is one of the saddest attempts at fear-mongering I've seen :D 

3 minutes ago, SheepKilla said:

"Coronavirus: New York has ‘exhausted every option’ to tackle outbreak, says Cuomo as cases double every three days"

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/coronavirus-new-york-cuomo-quarantine-latest-cases-nyc-a9421581.html

You idiots still blaming Trump? Didn't your liberal governor quarantine the whole state? What happened?

He asked for 30,000 respirators.

He got 400.

He asked for Trump to initiate the War Production Act to actually get people to make respirators and face masks, and Trump has not acted on that war powers act.

He has exhausted every option....................at the State level.

he pleaded with the President to declare a national emergency so that he could get the Army Corps to come build emergency temporary medical hospitals. He just barely got that approval late last week.

He just barely got a Navy medical hospital ship to go to his state last week............except the hospital is not ready, and transit time means that it won't arrive until April.

You so fucking stupid that you can't respond to the other arguments, so you ran over to another new one that you clearly aren't capable of understanding, as well?

Edited by jehurey

This motherfucker must be trolling.

Trump on why he picked Easter as the day he wants to end strict social distancing and reopen American businesses: "Easter is a very special day for me ... Easter Sunday, and you'll have packed churches all over our country."

1 minute ago, jehurey said:

He asked for 30,000 respirators.

He got 400.

He asked for Trump to initiate the War Production Act to actually get people to make respirators and face masks, and Trump has not acted on that war powers act.

He has exhausted every option....................at the State level.

You so fucking stupid that you can't respond to the other arguments, so you ran over to another new one that you clearly aren't capable of understanding, as well?

REEF

THIS IS THE FUNNIEST DEFLECTION I'VE SEEN SO FAR.

I say, "Why does New York have cases doubling despite liberal governor's showboating and quarantine ?" 

You say: "It's because Trump didn't send respirators" 

LMFAO

Just now, Team 2019 said:

This motherfucker must be trolling.

Trump on why he picked Easter as the day he wants to end strict social distancing and reopen American businesses: "Easter is a very special day for me ... Easter Sunday, and you'll have packed churches all over our country."

I think he wants the virus to spread.

Because I think he just brokered a deal to get a cut of the cure to be sold exclusively by one corporation, and they would command profits the likes they have never before.

2 minutes ago, SheepKilla said:

this is one of the saddest attempts at fear-mongering I've seen :D 

Italy had 750 deaths today. Thats with full quarantine.

The US with no quarantine, population size, and geometric grow can easily hit 10k+ deaths a day.

1 minute ago, SheepKilla said:

REEF

THIS IS THE FUNNIEST DEFLECTION I'VE SEEN SO FAR.

I say, "Why does New York have cases doubling despite liberal governor's showboating and quarantine ?" 

You say: "It's because Trump didn't send respirators" 

LMFAO

Which means that hospitals can't admit them.............which means they stay home.

...........which means the virus spreads.

So.............you really are that stupid, huh?

Just now, jehurey said:

Which means that hospitals can't admit them.............which means they stay home.

...........which means the virus spreads.

So.............you really are that stupid, huh?

ROFL

Hospitals don't turn away dying people because they have no ventilators :tom: 

And secondly, we would be hearing on CNN all day about how NY hospitals turned back people due to a lack of ventilators thus allowing the virus to spread, wouldn't we? 

Sad how you expect people to be this dumb for your fear-mongering. 

*Dying man who literally can't breathe*

NY Hospital: Sorry bro, gotta send you home. You might have corona and spread it to your family, but that's a reasonable risk. 

ROFL

Hospitals don't turn away dying people because they have no ventilators :tom: 

And secondly, we would be hearing on CNN all day about how NY hospitals turned back people due to a lack of ventilators thus allowing the virus to spread, wouldn't we? 

Sad how you expect people to be this dumb for your fear-mongering. 

If they're not testing people, because they don't have enough tests. They tell them to stay home and self-quanrantine.

Which they will not do, because they're desperate.

If they had the ability to house them, with ventilators, they would keep them there while they wait for testing.

You also apparently didn't read the other examples I post............you're trying to run away on just this talking point alone.

That ain't gonna work with me.

1 minute ago, jehurey said:

If they're not testing people, because they don't have enough tests. They tell them to stay home and self-quanrantine.

Which they will not do, because they're desperate.

If they had the ability to house them, with ventilators, they would keep them there while they wait for testing.

You also apparently didn't read the other examples I post............you're trying to run away on just this talking point alone.

That ain't gonna work with me.

LMFAO this clown. 

People who need ventilators...NEED THEM. They give them the ventilators without regard to testing, etc. They cannot easily breathe. 

Testing is a completely separate issue. 

Just now, SheepKilla said:

LMFAO this clown. 

People who need ventilators...NEED THEM. They give them the ventilators without regard to testing, etc. They cannot easily breathe. 

Testing is a completely separate issue. 

No it isn't. They didn't want people to come to the hospital without approval from a doctor, because tests were limited.

Tests were limited because the CDC couldn't provide them fast enough.

CDC guidelines were late.

This resulted in hospitals and your primary care physician to recommend SELF quarantine throughout these past two weeks because of that.

This was not only common in New York, but in all major cities. Asymptomatic people who needed to be separated from society with a real quarantine, ended up spreading the virus..............in  New York............the most densely populated state in the country.

You're asking how New York got so many cases, so quickly...........the R-0 in New York would be significantly higher than anywhere else.

You telling me you haven't figured THAT out???????

Just now, jehurey said:

No it isn't. They didn't want people to come to the hospital without approval from a doctor, because tests were limited.

Tests were limited because the CDC couldn't provide them fast enough.

CDC guidelines were late.

This resulted in hospitals and your primary care physician to recommend SELF quarantine throughout these past two weeks because of that.

This was not only common in New York, but in all major cities. Asymptomatic people who needed to be separated from society with a real quarantine, ended up spreading the virus..............in  New York............the most densely populated state in the country.

You're asking how New York got so many cases, so quickly...........the R-0 in New York would be significantly higher than anywhere else.

You telling me you haven't figured THAT out???????

Trying to blame Trump for New York :tom: oh god the verbal gymnastics is hilarious 

Trying to blame Trump for New York :tom: oh god the verbal gymnastics is hilarious 

No CDC warning during the month of January.

No CDC response and resources provided through February.

No CDC guidelines for the medical community until early March.

Yeah..............it is Trump's fault.

I love how you just abandoned the details, and just re-stated the main idea of your argument, with no foundation to back it up.

Just so that its clear..............this guy clearly KNOWS and understand the concept of a Government official being LATE to make decisions that would've stopped a problem from growing.

.........he just attempted to blame Gov Cuomo of that.

But he doesn't understand the concept of Trump's Administration doing exactly that.

Waffle House has just closed 365 locations across the United States.

Google "waffle house index"

6 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Waffle House has just closed 365 locations across the United States.

Google "waffle house index" 

Damn that's fucked up. They should have just gone to work and pretended nothing is happening.

American politics is this: States operate and govern most of the country, the federal government has little say in their operation. But those states do like Federal cheese. 

Any coronavirus failings have to do with states, which are doing more than constitutionally possible right about now....

Trump has little control over the coronavirus and there's little a president can do about it aside from travel bans. Trump wanted a Travel ban from china early on, and the democrats claimed it was racist. :trump2:

3 hours ago, Team 2019 said:

House Democrats just introduced their $2.5 trillion coronavirus stimulus package.

THE PELOSI CASH PLAN: • $1,500 checks for individuals • $3,000 for joint filers • Extra $1,500 per kid up to 3 • Maximum $7,500 per family • Universal for those w/ taxpayer ID # (includes seniors, unemployed) • Individuals making $75K+ in 2020 will pay some/all of it back

I hope this gets rejected