Jump to content
-GD- (not mod, can’t help)

COVID-19 Spam, Troll and Flame Thread

Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

'Vitamin D deficiency is very common. It's estimated that about 1 billion people worldwide have low levels of the vitamin in their blood ( 2 ). According to a 2011 study, 41.6% of adults in the US are deficient. This number goes up to 69.2% in Hispanics and 82.1% in African-Americans'

 

https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/vitamin-d-deficiency-symptoms

 

and look at 3 of the risk factors in that article

 

 

 

 

Those are people who are already at risk of getting Covid, so I don't think its reasonable to assume theres a link between low Vitamin D levels and Covid transmission/infection.

Lol what? Overweight people have low vitamin d levels because they're fat and don't go in the sun and fat prevents vitamin d absorption.  Black and Hispanics have darker skin which prevents vitamin d absorption in darker colder climates like new York. And people in long term homes? Yeah I doubt they are getting enough vitamin d as well. You must see the correlation no?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Liquid said:

Maybe because it's non conclusive? 

So are many things but the media still covers shit like drinking bleach

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Cookester15 said:

Lol what? Overweight people have low vitamin d levels because they're fat and don't go in the sun and fat prevents vitamin d absorption.  Black and Hispanics have darker skin which prevents vitamin d absorption in darker colder climates like new York. 

Again, you're just making assumptions. Plenty of overweight people enjoy the outdoors/sun, they're not all persona players :ben: 

 

Theres not enough data to link low vitamin d levels and Covid. And being out in the sun isn't enough in most cases, theres no way 41% of Americans are constantly indoors year round. The only way to consistently get enough Vitamin D is through supplements, so in this climate most people should definitely be taking something orally just to make sure their immune system is in the best possible shape.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

'Vitamin D deficiency is very common. It's estimated that about 1 billion people worldwide have low levels of the vitamin in their blood ( 2 ). According to a 2011 study, 41.6% of adults in the US are deficient. This number goes up to 69.2% in Hispanics and 82.1% in African-Americans'

 

https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/vitamin-d-deficiency-symptoms

 

and look at 3 of the risk factors in that article

 

 

 

 

Those are people who are already at risk of getting Covid, so I don't think its reasonable to assume theres a link between low Vitamin D levels and Covid transmission/infection.

"Already at risk".. ok so now we know WHY they are "already at risk". Go outside, drink more milk. Seems like common sense to me  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Twinblade said:

Again, you're just making assumptions. Plenty of overweight people enjoy the outdoors/sun, they're not all persona players :ben: 

 

Theres not enough data to link low vitamin d levels and Covid. And being out in the sun isn't enough in most cases, theres no way 41% of Americans are constantly indoors year round. The only way to consistently get enough Vitamin D is through supplements, so in this climate most people should definitely be taking something orally just to make sure their immune system is in the best possible shape.

Nordic countries take vitamin D supplements, the Somali immigrants in Sweden have been particularly hit hard by covid. Oh they're black living in a dark cold place.. wonder why covid has hit harder. 

 

https://www.bmj.com/content/368/bmj.m1101/rr-10

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Cookester15 said:

Jehurey. Free checks 

Have you had a brain injury recently? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Liquid said:

Have you had a brain injury recently? 

You do know jehurey right? That guy living off his brother's income? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Cookester15 said:

You do know jehurey right? That guy living off his brother's income? 

....:| Ok, I'll humor you again. What power does Jehury  that discussing this would do anything?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Literal Nazi Rudolf Hess said:

"Already at risk".. ok so now we know WHY they are "already at risk". Go outside, drink more milk. Seems like common sense to me  

Umbrellas cause rain.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Liquid said:

....:| Ok, I'll humor you again. What power does Jehury  that discussing this would do anything?

Lol who said he has power. I said some people.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, -GD- said:

i didn't realize sw.com had a lot of medical experts here. impressive. 

Yeah look at all these pro Covid science deniers :facep:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, -GD- said:

i didn't realize sw.com had a lot of medical experts here. impressive. 

A few of them appear to have already survived drinking their koi pond cleaner...

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Hot Sauce said:

Umbrellas cause rain.

:|

A vitamin d deficiency does not cause Covid but having enough may prevent you from dying. Why is this so hard to grasp?

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, -GD- said:

i didn't realize sw.com had a lot of medical experts here. impressive. 

the should follow their own advice and disinfectant their blood:mj:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×