DMC5's level design is honestly unexcusable

Its really poor. Outside of combos this game does nothing right.

It even has reduced puzzle and adventure elements from the previous games so the whole "game" is one glorified bloody palace. Level design has no atmosphere, world building or coherence. DMC1 is still one of the most atmospheric games with its RE roots and world building.

Even Bayo level design feels like a league above this and it wasn't the games strong poin nevermind Ninja Garden Black.

Also this makeserealize what an amazing job From did with Sekiro and Team Ninja with Nioh.

Itsuno's games are all like this. Great combat systems, terrible level design. DD is the only one with solid level design but it could be a lot better.

Not a fan of DMC V. I have a lot of issues with the game. Level design is the least of it's issues.

4 hours ago, Quad Damage said:

its not so much the geometry of the levels, its the art that lies on top of it. everything is just a bunch of grey looking trash.

Yeah, and then you get to the demon roots part around Chapter 10 or so. From that point on it starts feeling like you're replaying the same level over and over again.

Honestly, I don't like the art direction at all in the game. Even when the game was revealed I remember saying I wasn't feeling the art direction but I was hoping it would grow on me once I played the game. It didn't, I never got use to it. While technically it's impressive, very impressive actually when you factor in the frame rate is locked at 60, but the art style just doesn't fit with a game like DMC IMO.

I don't care what anyone says, DMC is anime as fuck. Always has been so it's art style should compliment it. The realistic approach doesn't and I feel like it actually takes away from the game.