Nioh 2 nabs a 9.0 at IGN

3 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

The amount of filler/time wasting stuff in this game sounds ridiculous. I read a review where the guy said he spent half a hour analyzing all of the randomized loot he picked up and somehow tried to act like that was a positive thing.

That sounds like more of a issue with the gamer than the game. A lot of these types of games allow you to spend ridiculous time trying to make an extremely optimised build (looter shooters do this heaps), but that doesn't at all mean you need to. 

56 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

That sounds like more of a issue with the gamer than the game. A lot of these types of games allow you to spend ridiculous time trying to make an extremely optimised build (looter shooters do this heaps), but that doesn't at all mean you need to. 

Yeah. Nioh has plenty of tools for you to customize a gears stats and abilities to your liking. Only thing you'll be looking at really is Rarity, Level, and if it's part of a Set you want. This is information you can get with a glance. No reason to spend too much time looking over loot drops.

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, Twinblade said:

The amount of filler/time wasting stuff in this game sounds ridiculous. I read a review where the guy said he spent half a hour analyzing all of the randomized loot he picked up and somehow tried to act like that was a positive thing.

I mean, the review I watched was a dude who said he spent 2 hours on the character creator. 

I'm gonna hit random and have at it.

Not sure if I'll grab this Friday or not though, might wait on a PC release/discount. Still got lots to play and this is something I'd want to focus on till it's done. 

12 hours ago, Twinblade said:

What the fuck are you talking about, who the fuck look at loots for a hour.

And Nioh 1 was straight to the point, besides optional missions that took place in previous areas youve already visisted and optional boss fights there wasnt that much filler and it has a good pacing.

Its not some MMO type game.