AMD flute supposedly is PS5 and not Lockhart........right?

32 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

PS5 is Oberon from the GitHub leak.

Honestly I don't know anymore I'm confused by all these numbers leaks and shit.

But I'm 100 percent sure Flute isn't Lockhart. Sparkman is apparently Lockhart.

Me too.  TBH I have never really followed these leaks.  Flute, Oberon, Ariel, Gonzalo, and I didn't even know about Sparkman... 

For the record there's no way I believe PS5 would be 7TF, like that tweet would suggest... but I AM curious as to what it could be for.

16 minutes ago, Ike said:

Rumors and gossip are shit at this point. It's  not worth making a thread over some random twitter guy with only 1800 followers. :]

I know, but there are more worthless threads made all the time so :shrug: 

lol

4 hours ago, Remij_ said:

Me too.  TBH I have never really followed these leaks.  Flute, Oberon, Ariel, Gonzalo, and I didn't even know about Sparkman... 

For the record there's no way I believe PS5 would be 7TF, like that tweet would suggest... but I AM curious as to what it could be for.

Flute is a platform and Oberon is the GPU portion. Gonzalo (platform) and Ariel (GPU) are the same. 

We know that Ariel is a 36CU Navi 10 (RDNA 1.0) based GPU. The Github leaks all but confirmed this and the backwards compatibility testing correlates to PS5 in that the clock speeds match that of the PS4 (800MHz), PS4 Pro (911MHz) and alledged PS5 clock speed (2GHz). What we don't know for sure is what Oberon is exactly and if it is also limited to 36CUs.

It was speculated by people who leak these names and shit that Oberon is Ariel (Navi 10), but in close to production level silicon while Ariel was simulated pre-silicon. Theory is Sony was using RDNA 1.0 to ensure their backwards compatibility offering was solid because RDNA 2.0 GPUs didn't exist. 

Now that we pretty much know PS5 is RDNA 2.0 based we're left speculating whether or not Oberon is test silicon, RDNA 2.0 based, or limited to 36CUs that will end up in PS5.

Before the Github crew suggested that Oberon is 36CU at 2.0GHz based on RDNA 1.0 with custom ray tracing, but ever since AMD's Financial Day thing happened the narrative has changed to Oberon had always been RDNA 2.0.

Who knows. :shrug:

1 hour ago, lynux3 said:

Flute is a platform and Oberon is the GPU portion. Gonzalo (platform) and Ariel (GPU) are the same. 

We know that Ariel is a 36CU Navi 10 (RDNA 1.0) based GPU. The Github leaks all but confirmed this and the backwards compatibility testing correlates to PS5 in that the clock speeds match that of the PS4 (800MHz), PS4 Pro (911MHz) and alledged PS5 clock speed (2GHz). What we don't know for sure is what Oberon is exactly and if it is also limited to 36CUs.

It was speculated by people who leak these names and shit that Oberon is Ariel (Navi 10), but in close to production level silicon while Ariel was simulated pre-silicon. Theory is Sony was using RDNA 1.0 to ensure their backwards compatibility offering was solid because RDNA 2.0 GPUs didn't exist. 

Now that we pretty much know PS5 is RDNA 2.0 based we're left speculating whether or not Oberon is test silicon, RDNA 2.0 based, or limited to 36CUs that will end up in PS5.

Before the Github crew suggested that Oberon is 36CU at 2.0GHz based on RDNA 1.0 with custom ray tracing, but ever since AMD's Financial Day thing happened the narrative has changed to Oberon had always been RDNA 2.0.

Who knows. :shrug:

What a mess :shake: 

Last week, we learned from the Martha is Dead and Town of Light developer LKA that the PlayStation 5 will allow developers to use incredible Texel density.

We worked a lot in order to use the highest-resolution textures as possible also on PS4; nonetheless, PlayStation 5 will allow us to use an incredible Texel density, up to 4096px/m – that means the visual will be fully detailed also in higher resolutions. It’s one of the most important advances in visual capacity that we were waiting for.