Rumor: Sony rebooting Silent Hill series

Sounds like bullshit to me. Siren team are talented enough to make a new horror game that Sony would actually own rather than work on someone else’s IP. And it’s not like the Silent hill name had much worth towards the end anyway.

27 minutes ago, Delita said:

Sounds like bullshit to me. Siren team are talented enough to make a new horror game that Sony would actually own rather than work on someone else’s IP. And it’s not like the Silent hill name had much worth towards the end anyway.

It has a lot more weight than Siren.

2 hours ago, Team 2019 said:

It has a lot more weight than Siren.

He's not saying Siren, he's saying if they developed something original it would carry more weight. Most people these days don't have a fucking clue what Silent Hill is, sure it was a successful franchise but it wasn't a Resident Evil level monolith by any means and would likely do relatively poor in comparison. 

Edited by DynamiteCop!
19 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

He's not saying Siren, he's saying if they developed something original it would carry more weight. Most people these days don't have a fucking clue what Silent Hill is, sure it was a successful franchise but it wasn't a Resident Evil level monolith by any means and would likely do relatively poor in comparison. 

HAHAHAHAHA what the fuck did I just read. Silent Hill 2 alone (one fucking game) shits all over the entire RE franchise and that's a fact. what an absolute noob you are lmfao :tom:  

5 minutes ago, kaz said:

HAHAHAHAHA what the fuck did I just read. Silent Hill 2 alone (one fucking game) shits all over the entire RE franchise and that's a fact. what an absolute noob you are lmfao :tom:  

Quality yes, sales wise re was massive and silent hill only ever did ok with 1 sh2 and 3 Every other game sold like shit

Edited by Delita
  • Upvote 1
1 minute ago, Delita said:

Quality yes, sales wise re was massive and silent hill only ever did ok with 1 sh2 and 3 Every other game sold like shit

HAHAHAHAHAHA what the fuck are you talking about. did you read what he wrote. LMFAO. People will never forget these games. 1-3 hell even 4 is a masterpiece compared to RE. but still it only takes one (1 fucking) game,. muuh saaalees

absolute noobs in here. pathetic. :tom: 

Well I think the time is right to introduce a new generation to the terrifying fog of Silent Hill. Its awesome and with 20 years worth of technology, I’d really like to see what they create. In terms of actual survival horror, Silent Hill is better. Plus, the only way this franchise is making money for Konami is royalties from the shitty movies on streaming right now. Just license it out or sell it already. 

10 hours ago, Team 2019 said:

Plus remakes are probably on the table.

There's nothing I wouldn't do for a Silent Hill 2 remake that accurately captured the feel of the original. I'm not sure that would be possible, but it'd be one of my three wishes if I ever met a genie that could conjure up anything.

On 2020-03-12 at 4:39 PM, Delita said:

On 2020-03-12 at 7:28 PM, DynamiteCop! said:

theres no new game they could make that would have the hook of "silent hill reboot by the original creator."

and as far as the financial/mainstream viability of the ip goes - i mean, "souls" doesnt carry much worth compared to "elder scrolls" either. sony doesnt just go after "monoliths" that sell millions upon millions. they frequently partner up with japanese auteurs to produce projects like bloodborne, death stranding, the last guardian, and shenmue 3, that dont light up the sales charts compared to more mainstream contemporaries, but carry weight with hardcore gamers and fans. they dont just wear gamer t-shirts and port yakuza to streaming:mj:

1 hour ago, Quad Damage said:

theres no new game they could make that would have the hook of "silent hill reboot by the original creator."

and as far as the financial/mainstream viability of the ip goes - i mean, "souls" doesnt carry much worth compared to "elder scrolls" either. sony doesnt just go after "monoliths" that sell millions upon millions. they frequently partner up with japanese auteurs to produce projects like bloodborne, death stranding, the last guardian, and shenmue 3, that dont light up the sales charts compared to more mainstream contemporaries, but carry weight with hardcore gamers and fans. they dont just wear gamer t-shirts and port yakuza to streaming:mj:

If it doesent carry any financial gain, and it doesent have the original team why use the ip? Would you be excited is MS is rebooting Silent hill? Id rather they’re envision their own especially since Sony already has a guy who’s been doing that for 20 years. Silent hills demo was amazing but you could have called it anything and to this day people remember it much more as PT than silent hills. Final name probably would have even been changed to PT since the mass amount of hysteria surrounding it referred to it as such

Ok Sony reboots Silent hill. Ok. Cool.  If people actually want that then I hope they do. I’m just not sure where the excitement would be because it’s just by name only. I’d a million times rather have a brand new franchise from Sony which I’ve been hoping for ever since siren team finished Blood Curse

Something like a souls reboot would carry less weight than Elden Ring has 

Edited by Delita