New FF7 Remake Screenshots and video

Just now, kokujin said:

hoping it's not a corridor linear mess. really reminds me of a buffed up FF13 though.  Combat's much more fun.  Probably going to be easy though.

It's still going to be relatively linear I'm sure.  But definitely not as bad as FF13 lmao.  There are open spaces and apparently more of them to explore.

New dev diary:

• Upvote 1

The city sections look fantastic, but its going to be disappointing if they're only used for linear portions of the game. If they serve as hub areas that you can freely explore, interact with NPCs, complete side quests, etc then that will be awesome.

Edited by Twinblade
8 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

The city sections look fantastic, but its going to be disappointing if they're only used for linear portions of the game. If they serve as hub areas that you can freely explore, interact with NPCs, complete side quests, etc then that will be awesome.

I imagine Midgar will be the "open-world" the whole game where you get quests and do shit at.

• Remij changed the title to New FF7 Remake Screenshots and video
8 hours ago, Remij_ said:

It's still going to be relatively linear I'm sure.  But definitely not as bad as FF13 lmao.  There are open spaces and apparently more of them to explore.

New dev diary:

lol buraburaburaburaburaara.

I wonder if these [male] Japanese hos are getting pussy lol. I noticed the nerdy guy is *a little* cut and puffy. The egotistical guy is itagaki-san without the pimples. Do Japanese hentai robot girls have to shift and compromise their taste or are these mens' abilities to make video games a gundam panty dropper lmfao. Also the blinky guy is the battle director lmfao.  :D

Wapan!  :bow:  

I'm guessing this game be like 30-40 hours of content maybe 50 if you do eveery side mission? It's $59.99 though..??

8 hours ago, Twinblade said:

It's just midgar but as they created it they realized there was more areas they could have let the player explore, ways to interact, & buildings they can enter, ways that midgar actually had more to offer than the ps1's 7-9 hour journey. They were shocked that only up to the exit of midgar is the canon in the game, but in their words were not dissapointed at all with the amount of content and visuals on display. I'm hoping they don't recycle NPC costumes and it actually feels alive. Something tells me they're not going to be so interactive though,. but fuuu I wold have loved side quests from NPCs and a reason to deeply interact w em, but that wasn't part of the original's point nor gameplay.

Edited by kokujin
1 minute ago, Bodycount N said:

I'm playing FF7 on Switch now, and you're literally out of midgar by the 5 hour point.

this game is going to try to stretch that section to 30 or 40 hours? Good luck.

Either this is the greatest re-imaging of all time or this game will be underbaked.

You were done the bombing run in less than 10 min...  In the remake it's ~1h...

It'll be fine.

5 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

You were done the bombing run in less than 10 min...  In the remake it's ~1h...

It'll be fine.

They’ll have way more character development so it makes that death seem all the worse too. :( 

2 minutes ago, Ike said:

They’ll have way more character development so it makes that death seem all the worse too. :( 

I can't wait to see that scene.  Hopefully they don't fuck it up. 

4 minutes ago, Ike said:

they said they wanted to flesh out all 10 members / avalanche memberes more.  I don't know if they did much in the original.  I just wish there's more deep and critical interactivity *their won't be ;( ) much like how the combat got a revamp.  Imma get bored walkng around a town and NPCs offering nothing??

I want like, the bomber's jacket system in Majora's Mask or a reason to bounce web-like from NPCs to NPC.  Also, (perhaps the purposeful style with disc 1), i'm seeing a lot of 1 on  1 or 2 v 1 battles in this. On flat boring surfaces though. Also they should've made.. a few more animations for evade. It looks to be a central part of the combat later on. 

2 minutes ago, Ike said:

Did you play the demo @kokujin?

thrice. I have only played disc 1 of ff7 ps1 :D  (didn't even finish)

why?  you excited? I've been all in FF since 10 but I even played all the 13s and liked 15 so at this point I'll take all their slum. :] 

Just now, kokujin said:

thrice. I have only played disc 1 of ff7 ps1 :D  (didn't even finish)

why?  you excited? I've been all in FF since 10 but I even played all the 13s and liked 15 so at this point I'll take all their slum. :] 

Yeah I’m looking forward to it. It’ll hopefully redeem them from Kingdom Hearts 3. That thing was a turd. 

9 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

I can't wait to see that scene.  Hopefully they don't fuck it up. 

'that scene' doesn't even happen by midgar. nothing happens.

You get the bombing run, that creepy Don Julio trying to fuck Cloud, and then the Shinra building where Red XIII joins the party.

None of the story points that matter happen til you LEAVE midgar... hell Sephiroth isn't even mentioned until you leave midgar.