• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

But devs only need this much [----------------------------]   And Sony is giving them this much [--------------------------------------------------------------]   What are they goi

Honestly as soon as Sony shows Silent Hill and Demon's Souls all this shit doesn't matter.

I'm sure you did... On PlayStation.

18 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

Xbox has games and is beating Sony at it? That's news to me. I guess one wouldn't be able to see that when they're hiding because their preferred platform is worthless when it comes to 3rd party. :tom5:

Oh and here it is. Cows don’t give a shit about graphics anymore :D 

PS5 could have realistically been 6TF and Sony'd still have betterf looking games. SPiderman, God of War, Days Gone, and tons more all look better than anything on XDone X.

It doesn't matter, MS doesn't make games with realistic graphics. they're a saturday morning cartoon dev with no personality and no noteworthy ip.

ori, State of decay, Gears of Feminist, Ninja Theory's lame gay-looking crap... good grief. the platform is home to the most vile, ugly, kiddy ip in the biz.

1 minute ago, Bodycount N said:

PS5 could have realistically been 6TF and Sony'd still have betterf looking games. SPiderman, God of War, Days Gone, and tons more all look better than anything on XDone X.

It doesn't matter, MS doesn't make games with realistic graphics. they're a saturday morning cartoon dev with no personality and no noteworthy ip.

ori, State of decay, Gears of Feminist, Ninja Theory's lame gay-looking crap... good grief. the platform is home to the most vile, ugly, kiddy ip in the biz.

But Bleeding Edge.. :lupe:

2 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

Just like how 3rd parties don't give a shit about Switch. :tom5:

Do Switch owners care about third party games?

ive said it THREE times in 20 minutes and you’re still clinging onto that.

excpet now, your third party versions will be 3rd best lmao. Pc, Xbox....THEN ps5. 

shit, at least switch 3rd party games allow for something new (portability), what will you get outta them on ps5? Worse graphics is the only feature LMAO

4 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

The SSD operates at half the speed of Switch's MAIN RAM. Gtfo. :D

The fuck does this have to do with anything? Lmao! 

when Xbox beats ps5, and cows boast about how ps5 (unreleased) is stronger than a 4 year old HANDHELD... wow it’s over :D 

1 minute ago, ghostz said:

Do Switch owners care about third party games?

ive said it THREE times in 20 minutes and you’re still clinging onto that.

excpet now, your third party versions will be 3rd best lmao. Pc, Xbox....THEN ps5. 

shit, at least switch 3rd party games allow for something new (portability), what will you get outta them on ps5? Worse graphics is the only feature LMAO

Bu bu we dun care :tear2:

Didn't take long to break you. :cmpunk1:

Just now, ghostz said:

Can you find a post of me bragging about third party games on Switch?

because I’m ready to bump 10+ posts of you declaring power as essential :kaz:

I got a better one... I can find you hiding; that's infinitely worse than bragging. :tom:

16 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

I don't think twice the SSD bandwidth actually means twice as fast loading, since there are multiple things that dictate how a game loads, game logic etc. There is much more to setup to get the game to get to the state of being playable than just pure SSD bandwidth.

I already stated that this is "sequential read" performance... that helps.. but only in certain cases.  This is basically both manufacturers pushing their highest numbers they can possible.. but it doesn't necessarily translate into 2x the performance of one over the other.  Most data fetching is "random read" and we have NO idea how each stacks up to the other in that metric... they could be VERY similar.  We already know on PC that SSDs/NVMe drives that sequential read doesn't do fuck all for most games.. it's all about those random IOPS.

Both have hardware decompression blocks.  Sony is using Kraken, and MS is using BCPack..  apparently BCPack could be an advantage for MS.

^that guy right there... is at the forefront of data compression.. his opinion on these matters is more important than just about any developers..  He also gives HUGE props to Sony for including Kraken in PS5.

Bascially... the last thing to remember is that developers from both sides will be on twitter praising the fuck out of the new capabilities BOTH systems will provide.  It's important to remember that when first party studios are talking about their respective hardware being great... it's not necessarily meaning compared to the other hardware... but rather what came before.

Whether Sony's SSD numbers mean much better real-world performance remains to be seen... just like it does for MS' GPU and CPU advantage.  They'll both be very close I imagine.