There will be few PS5 systems available to start with; devs are expecting price to be $499-$549

$499 for PS5 is a given imo. 

Supply limited is best case scenario. 

More concerned with all the games at this point tbh for both next gen machines. This is a really bad time for work on them to be slowed down of stopped. The last 6 months prior to release are usually the busiest and most crunching development wise. Really curious if even any of the big 3rd party cross gen games like AC Ragnarok, EA sports titles, yearly COD, etc are gonna get effected. 

3 hours ago, madmaltese said:

$499 for PS5 is a given imo. 

Supply limited is best case scenario. 

More concerned with all the games at this point tbh for both next gen machines. This is a really bad time for work on them to be slowed down of stopped. The last 6 months prior to release are usually the busiest and most crunching development wise. Really curious if even any of the big 3rd party cross gen games like AC Ragnarok, EA sports titles, yearly COD, etc are gonna get effected. 

Yeah I assume even if you get a system that next-gen game releases are going to be pretty limited. Microsoft even said that if the virus situation interrupts software delivery for launch that they'll still try to get their console out regardless. 

3 hours ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Yeah I assume even if you get a system that next-gen game releases are going to be pretty limited. Microsoft even said that if the virus situation interrupts software delivery for launch that they'll still try to get their console out regardless. 

Yeah since stock seems to be limited then there really isn’t much point to delay the launch. Better to get it out and slowly into ppl’s hands, especially if the price is gonna be a bit on the higher end. 

Really really there’s something besides the big 3rd party cross gen games. At this stage I’ll happily see Last of Us 2 delayed to be a cross gen game and hopefully Halo Infinite isn’t delayed for Series X launch 

1 minute ago, madmaltese said:

Yeah since stock seems to be limited then there really isn’t much point to delay the launch. Better to get it out and slowly into ppl’s hands, especially if the price is gonna be a bit on the higher end. 

Really really there’s something besides the big 3rd party cross gen games. At this stage I’ll happily see Last of Us 2 delayed to be a cross gen game and hopefully Halo Infinite isn’t delayed for Series X launch 

Yeah for Halo I'm not even worried about like "Oh it has to be there for launch of the system!", I just really want to play it, I mean it will have been 5 years since Halo 5 so it's a long overdue wait. 

Edited by DynamiteCop!

Sony is going to be forced like Microsoft to support cross-generational development for early gen, although Microsoft did it willingly. From what's circling around they're expecting logistic, supply chain and manufacturing issues for at least the first year, so garnering financial uplift from software sales is going to present a gigantic issue that they can quell by also targeting the PlayStation 4. 

From the sound of things there might be fewer than a couple million of this system available for the first year at market. I mean I don't want to turn this into some System Wars shit but if Microsoft has their logistics and supply chains in order able to deliver their product readily they could really fuck things up for the PS5. 

Edited by DynamiteCop!
6 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Sony is going to be forced like Microsoft to support cross-generational development for early gen, although Microsoft did it willingly. From what's circling around they're expecting logistic, supply chain and manufacturing issues for at least the first year, so garnering financial uplift from software sales is going to present a gigantic issue that they can quell by also targeting the PlayStation 4. 

From the sound of things there might be fewer than a couple million of this system available for the first year at market. I mean I don't want to turn this into some System Wars shit but if Microsoft has their logistics and supply chains in order able to deliver their product readily they could really fuck things up for the PS5. 

:mj: 

8 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

:grimaceleft:

3 hours ago, -GD- said:

I’ll pass. $399 or bust.

It will be. 100%. I said it from the beginning. $499 is just a bit too much for the casual consumer, they learned from the $599 ps3 release to never make that mistake again.

1 hour ago, DynamiteCop! said:

The literal article linked where you are getting this info from quite specifically states they will have ‘only’ 7m worldwide by Q1 2021. Down from the 9m+ for PS4 but not even close to couple million for the year.

• Upvote 1