Dragon Quest Builders 2 is amazing, better than DQXI and a must play

A game like this is worth more to play it while you are about to sleep, or when you are doing something else.

I was thinking about buying the first one but got lost in the sea of other Switch games.

I still want to buy the first one.

About to hit the 30 hour mark and im pretty sure I still have a lot left in the story, not sure how sabo manages to get through games so quickly :ben: 

But its still really fun, the constant rewards and little progression milestones you reach (like completing the small puzzles, tablet objectives, sections of blueprint designs) make it tough to stop playing. The only part of the game thats been a slog is the randomly generated islands with the checklists of materials you need to find. But even then the reward at the end of it all (like getting an infinite supply of wood) seem incredibly worth it.

3 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

About to hit the 30 hour mark and im pretty sure I still have a lot left in the story, not sure how sabo manages to get through games so quickly :ben: 

But its still really fun, the constant rewards and little progression milestones you reach (like completing the small puzzles, tablet objectives, sections of blueprint designs) make it tough to stop playing. The only part of the game thats been a slog is the randomly generated islands with the checklists of materials you need to find. But even then the reward at the end of it all (like getting an infinite supply of wood) seem incredibly worth it.

The final world is totally nuts compared to the first 3. I mean story.

8 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Hide contents

Is the snow island the last one? Thats my next destination. I heard the story really gets crazy from there.

There is another world after that and it's by far the best and best paced. They add some new non building mechanisms that I won't spoil. But they come completely out of left field. It's just really well done like a final dungeon in a JRPG when they save the best for last.

On 2020-04-21 at 12:39 AM, Casual said:

DQXI was so disappointing for me. 

It's like the most generic take on a JRPG I've ever played. Maybe that's DQs thing? It was my first DQ so i dunno.

The battle music was also just so fucking bad. if you're gonna have a 100 hour game with 50 hours in battles you gotta make that shit a banger. 

it's weird. it's like... nesquick. childish as fuck, with nothing extra.  I didn't particularly like it too. I put a lot of hours in, only because I imported it. Sadly I'm still gonna say FFXV is my faorite current gen RPG to date. :gasp:    I'm bout to have some lucid opinions soon lol. 

20 hours ago, Team 2019 said:

IMG-20200426-071941.jpg

Why do you ENJOY playing as a black woman? European boy?  Is there some weird anti-racism sadism rolling about?  I think westerners here would not want to lay as a brown girl.. with orange trump hair.