Gears Tactics is really good so far

This franchise is a perfect fit for turn based strategy.  Also.. the cutscene quality is unparalleled for this style of game.  It's like a AAA production.

I have some issues with controls at the moment.  I think the UI could be a bit better and easier to understand... but the game loop is great.  I love this shit.

It's already better than Gears 4 and 5.. and that's not a lie :D 

Edited by Remij_
31 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

This franchise is a perfect fit for turn based strategy.  Also.. the cutscene quality is unparalleled for this style of game.  It's like a AAA production.

I have some issues with controls at the moment.  I think the UI could be a bit better and easier to understand... but the game loop is great.  I love this shit.

It's already better than Gears 4 and 5.. and that's not a lie :D 

That’s not saying much lol 

5 minutes ago, -GD- said:

That’s not saying much lol 

Fair enough, but I liked them.  They weren't really doing anything different.. but they were solid titles, just very traditional.. so I could see how some people don't care for them at all.

But Gears Tactics is very different as a Gears game... so right there you have something more interesting gameplay-wise than anything the series has seen in a long time.

I've barely scratched the surface of this game, but I'm starting to get a feel for everything now, and I'm really enjoying it.

1 minute ago, Remij_ said:

Fair enough, but I liked them.  They weren't really doing anything different.. but they were solid titles, just very traditional.. so I could see how some people don't care for them at all.

But Gears Tactics is very different as a Gears game... so right there you have something more interesting gameplay-wise than anything the series has seen in a long time.

I've barely scratched the surface of this game, but I'm starting to get a feel for everything now, and I'm really enjoying it.

It looks really awesome. It’s like gears rabbids lol

17 minutes ago, bhytre said:

When what is supposed to be a side project destroys the main franchise entries, Only on Xbox :guh:

Gears as it was is getting long in the tooth for sure.  This is a refreshing take on the franchise.  It suits it really well.