Prototype PlayStation Next-Gen VR Controllers With Finger-Tracking! (Video)

I dont really care for fingers tracking to be honest. Just holding up a gun arms stretched out already feels great enough at is. Even with glowing dildo controllers.

They need to fix the floating hands if VR is to be taken seriously as a more immersive alternative to 2D gaming. Even if that means attaching some kind of sensors to your arms to make them have a realistic presence within the world.

38 minutes ago, Vini said:

Nobody cares about VR

VR is the future, not in terms of taking place of how we game, unless something fundamentally changes. But I bet we'd have VR experiences.

2 hours ago, Chicano3000 said:

VR is the future, not in terms of taking place of how we game, unless something fundamentally changes. But I bet we'd have VR experiences.

No it's not it's a short term gimmick like 3D

I wonder what the proximity sensor is detecting.

Them putting a small plate of copper, and then ground the plate caused that middle finger to completely stop registering.

The moment they grounded the copper plate, it is dissipating static electricity in that specific area. So I think its a capacative sensor, similar to how the iPod had that circle pad, but its detecting when the bottom of your fingers are getting closer or farther away from the gray plastic.

Notice that it isn't really detecting the tips of the fingers, especially when it tried doing that Spock Live Long and Prosper sign, that's because its only reading the bottom part of the fingers to guess where the tips of the fingers would be positioned.