CGI Trailers should be shunned by the industry

They cost money, resources, and time. They’re painfully fake, and completely unrepresentative of how a game looks AND plays. Ubi should be closed from lawsuits as they are the worst culprit. Just pathetic. The new AC “gameplay” trailer is more bullshit from them, as well. 

6 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Real time cutscenes =/= CGI dude. I already explained that in the other thread.

But there wasn't much actual gameplay in that trailer, thats for sure.

99178253-9906-4860-B072-297369F9E7A4.gif.babe4c4e25d8f80a12a2ea6752048fa8.gif

looks absolutely nothing like how the game will actually look. You can easily pick out what is in game engine and what’s simply BS in the trailer alone 

29 minutes ago, ghostz said:

99178253-9906-4860-B072-297369F9E7A4.gif.babe4c4e25d8f80a12a2ea6752048fa8.gif

looks absolutely nothing like how the game will actually look. You can easily pick out what is in game engine and what’s simply BS in the trailer alone 

No, its exactly what you'd expect from a sequel to AC Odyssey which is coming out 2 years later and has the benefit of being able to utilize next gen hardware. As you can tell from the gifs below, it doesn't look like a crazy unreasonable improvement over Odyssey

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

I think you've been spending too much time on your switch, and have forgotten what modern games look like.

5 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

No, its exactly what you'd expect from a sequel to AC Odyssey which is coming out 2 years later and has the benefit of being able to utilize next gen hardware. As you can tell from the gifs below, it doesn't look like a crazy unreasonable improvement over Odyssey

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

I think you've been spending too much time on your switch, and have forgotten what modern games look like.

I’m not talking the animations. The background effects, the smoke, the fire, the lighting.  Not only does Ubi not have the talent, it looks better than a Pixar movie. Won’t even be close. 

on top of this, they called it GAMEPLAY :roff:

Edited by ghostz
5 minutes ago, ghostz said:

I’m not talking the animations. The background effects, the smoke, the fire, the lighting.  Not only does Ubi not have the talent, it looks better than a Pixar movie. Won’t even be close. 

on top of this, they called it GAMEPLAY :roff:

Better than a pixar movie? WUT? :mj: Yeah you're definitely smoking something incredibly strong right now.

Just now, Twinblade said:

Better than a pixar movie? WUT? :mj: Yeah you're definitely smoking something incredibly strong right now.

I can’t wait to bump this when this POS is released. :kaz:

ban bet me right now that it will look like the gif I posted earlier :reg:

it's almost as if all kinds of trailers nowadays are fucking awful and misrepresenting be it games or movies. Not to mention the spoilers for movies. 

I have to build a "No-saying" group from ground up. BOYCOTT REMASTERS AND TRAILERS