Sign in to follow this  
Delita

The 2 hillbillies that shot the black guy in Georgia finally got arrested

Just now, Delita said:

Let’s just believe the entire story of 2 defendants who are on video killing a guy. Sound logic 

“If this finds out to be accurate”

the video does show him attacking them first, tho. 

3 minutes ago, Delita said:

No I’m talking about jussie smoletts story haha 

Oh Jesus I was going to say, how weren’t they arrested on sight 

Edited by ghostz

I just heard about this story yesterday.

- There had been numerous burglaries and car break-ins around the neighborhood. 

- McMichael called 911 right before the confrontation and said Arbery was trespassing inside a house that was under construction, and he'd "been caught on camera a bunch before at night."

- Evidently McMichael knew who Arbery was, he helped prosecute him in a previous case, and he claimed to recognized him as the burglar caught on video during a recent burglary in the neighborhood.

(But if Arbery had been caught on video, not just once but multiple times, burglarizing houses, why wasn't he already in jail? It doesn't make sense.) 

- Arbery's arrest record is pretty mild. When he was a minor he got caught bringing a weapon to school and "obstructing a law enforcement officer." Then two years ago he got caught shoplifting. 

https://www.thestar.com/news/world/2020/05/07/georgia-shooters-father-previously-investigated-victim-ahmaud-arbery.html

2 minutes ago, ghostz said:

They have no right to be pointing a shot gun and a 357 at anyone :|

Aiming is still considered assault so he was well within his right to try and defend himself. And that’s not even mentioning none of this would have happened if these 2 psychos didn’t think they were Rambo

Just now, Saucer said:

I just heard about this story yesterday.

- There had been numerous burglaries and car break-ins around the neighborhood. 

- McMichael called 911 right before the confrontation and said Arbery was trespassing inside a house that was under construction, and he'd "been caught on camera a bunch before at night."

- Evidently McMichael knew who Arbery was, he helped prosecute him in a previous case, and he claimed to recognized him as the burglar caught on video during a recent burglary in the neighborhood.

(But if Arbery had been caught on video, not just once but multiple times, burglarizing houses, why wasn't he already in jail? It doesn't make sense.) 

- Arbery's arrest record is pretty mild. When he was a minor he got caught bringing a weapon to school and "obstructing a law enforcement officer." Then two years ago he got caught shoplifting. 

https://www.thestar.com/news/world/2020/05/07/georgia-shooters-father-previously-investigated-victim-ahmaud-arbery.html

An all around mess.  Murder is murder, though. They shouldn't have been trying to play vigilante heroes.

9 minutes ago, ghostz said:

And if you were on a jog minding your own business and these two guys came up with guns and said we're placing you under citizen's arrest for something you didn't do, what would be your response?

7 minutes ago, Saucer said:

Because they first have to apprehend the suspect. Which is what these people were doing. 

5 minutes ago, Delita said:

They have no right to be pointing a shot gun and a 357 at anyone :|

Aiming is still considered assault so he was well within his right to try and defend himself. And that’s not even mentioning none of this would have happened if these 2 psychos didn’t think they were Rambo

Well, we can’t see an aimed gun due to the door. The (dad?) did not aim until after the confrontation started.  What you CAN see is a struggle for the gun immediately after they are out of the truck door. 

it’s not concrete, which is why I think they will walk 

Just now, ©linton514® said:

An all around mess.  Murder is murder, though. They shouldn't have been trying to play vigilante heroes.

If I had to guess right now I'd say they get convicted  of voluntary manslaughter. At best their behavior was incredibly reckless.

Just now, Ike said:

And if you were on a jog minding your own business and these two guys came up with guns and said we're placing you under citizen's arrest for something you didn't do, what would be your response?

I would either run or cooperate and put my hands in the air. Definitely wouldn't attack. 

2 minutes ago, Ike said:

I wouldn’t attack someone with a gun lol. I would have kept jogging tbh or called the police. 

we don’t even know what was said. They claimed they said “hey we want to talk to you” 

they also didn’t “come up to him” via the video. Or at least not when this happened. 

Edited by ghostz

Just now, SheepKilla said:

Because they first have to apprehend the suspect. Which is what these people were doing. 

But he knew who the suspect was and he claims he could conclusively identify him as the burglar in the video, so why not go to the police and tell them you know who the person is in the video so they can then go arrest him?  

2 minutes ago, Saucer said:

If I had to guess right now I'd say they get convicted  of voluntary manslaughter. At best their behavior was incredibly reckless.

Yeah this won't be straight up murder charges. It'll be manslaughter and they'll both be out in under 10 years tops.

Is the video recorder going to be prosecuted too? Where did they get this video? I wonder if the family thought it would clear them

4 minutes ago, Saucer said:

But he knew who the suspect was and he claims he could conclusively identify him as the burglar in the video, so why not go to the police and tell them you know who the person is in the video so they can then go arrest him?  

You clearly have never dealt with law enforcement. There is a lot of red tape, laziness, and bureaucracy, especially for minor crimes. They probably didn't want to deal with it. Even serious crimes can take months to resolve while police have conclusive evidence. The police were probably already informed of everything relevant.

These 2 saw him and decided to do a citizen's arrest. 

Just now, SheepKilla said:

You clearly have never dealt with law enforcement. There is a lot of red tape, laziness, and bureaucracy, especially for minor crimes. They probably didn't want to deal with it. Even serious crimes can take months to resolve while police have conclusive evidence. The police were probably already informed of everything relevant.

These 2 saw him and decided to do a citizen's arrest. 

Small town Georgia cops would almost certainly drag their heels on arresting a serial burglar who they have on video committing a burglary?

Are you being serious?

Just now, Hot Sauce said:

The McMichaels better hope that surveillance video actually shows what the dad says it does. 

I'd bet money that you can't make out who the person is, just that it's a black guy.

1 minute ago, Saucer said:

Small town Georgia cops would almost certainly drag their heels on arresting a serial burglar who they have on video committing a burglary?

Are you being serious?

"It appears it was their intent to stop and hold this criminal suspect until law enforcement arrived," Barnhill wrote. "Under Georgia law, that is perfectly legal." 

They were holding him until police came.