Sign in to follow this  
Delita

The 2 hillbillies that shot the black guy in Georgia finally got arrested

Just now, Saucer said:

I'd bet money that you can't make out who the person is, just that it's a black guy.

Either way no reason to murder someone. Which I don’t know was their intent. The jogger attacked them first, which is how he ended up getting shot. If he didn’t do that, this would have been an opened and closed case, resulting in a murder charge. 

and it’s not like we can speak to the jogger now. I can’t say (based on evidence alone) that these guys are 100% guilty of murder, and that’s a shame, but that’s what the jury will say too 

3 minutes ago, SheepKilla said:

"It appears it was their intent to stop and hold this criminal suspect until law enforcement arrived," Barnhill wrote. "Under Georgia law, that is perfectly legal." 

They were holding him until police came. 

That video Cleary shows them holding him until law enforcement arrives :mjpls:

7 minutes ago, Hot Sauce said:

The McMichaels better hope that surveillance video actually shows what the dad says it does. 

"One caller told dispatchers that there was someone looking around a property under construction; the Daily Beast reported that the owner showed surveillance footage to Arbery’s aunt, who identified her nephew, but that he was simply interested in the bones of the house."  

All these coincidences are adding up quickly. Funny how that works. 

2 minutes ago, SheepKilla said:

"It appears it was their intent to stop and hold this criminal suspect until law enforcement arrived," Barnhill wrote. "Under Georgia law, that is perfectly legal." 

They were holding him until police came. 

I know, but I don't buy that the police dragged their feet on arresting him. The story doesn't add up.

Actual footage of a Brunswick police officer upon hearing they have a burglar caught red-handed on video:

?u=https%3A%2F%2Fupload.wikimedia.org%2Fwikipedia%2Fcommons%2Fthumb%2F3%2F33%2FDon_Knotts_Barney_and_the_bullet_Andy_Griffith_Show.jpg%2F382px-Don_Knotts_Barney_and_the_bullet_Andy_Griffith_Show.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

1 minute ago, SheepKilla said:

"One caller told dispatchers that there was someone looking around a property under construction; the Daily Beast reported that the owner showed surveillance footage to Arbery’s aunt, who identified her nephew, but that he was simply interested in the bones of the house."  

"One caller said" 

lol

9 minutes ago, ghostz said:

Either way no reason to murder someone. Which I don’t know was their intent. The jogger attacked them first, which is how he ended up getting shot. If he didn’t do that, this would have been an opened and closed case, resulting in a murder charge. 

and it’s not like we can speak to the jogger now. I can’t say (based on evidence alone) that these guys are 100% guilty of murder, and that’s a shame, but that’s what the jury will say too 

The law doesn't allow you to create a confrontation and then claim self-defense. The McMichaels were the aggressors in this case and the question is whether they had the legal authority to do so by attempting a citizen's arrest. If the surveillance video just shows a black guy and it's not immediately clear it's Arbery or that a crime was being committed, then there's no legal standing for the attempt to take place and I agree with Saucer that we'll likely see a manslaughter charge.

Edited by Hot Sauce

Just now, Saucer said:

I know, but I don't buy that the police dragged their feet on arresting him. The story doesn't add up.

Actual footage of a Brunswick police officer upon hearing they have a burglar caught red-handed on video:

?u=https%3A%2F%2Fupload.wikimedia.org%2Fwikipedia%2Fcommons%2Fthumb%2F3%2F33%2FDon_Knotts_Barney_and_the_bullet_Andy_Griffith_Show.jpg%2F382px-Don_Knotts_Barney_and_the_bullet_Andy_Griffith_Show.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

You again point out absolute ignorance of how law enforcement works. 

A video doesn't conclusively prove anything. They need to establish context, witnesses, interview the suspect himself, etc. Then write that up, document all evidence, send to DA. Then after all that find the suspect and actually arrest him. 

You think it's simply a matter of watching a video, then walking up someone to arrest them. 

2 minutes ago, Hot Sauce said:

The law doesn't allow you to create a confrontation and then claim self-defense. The McMichaels were the aggressors in this case and the question is whether they had the legal authority to do so by attempting a citizen's arrest. If the surveillance video just shows a black guy and it's not immediately clear it's Arbery or that a crime was being committed, then there's no legal standing for the attempt to take place and I agree with Saucer that we'll likely see a manslaughter charge.

The Georgia law does allow for citizens arrest, though. Who knows what will happen, but the video doesn’t really do any good for the jogger IMO. It shows him approaching them, and then fighting them. Idk. 

Edited by ghostz

But why would a burglar be scoping out a half-built house with nothing in it?

I love checking out construction sites. I was arrested and put on probation for a year for doing that when I was 12. True story. :biggrin:

Just now, ghostz said:

The Georgia law does allow for citizens arrest, though. 

If you're witness to a crime or have the immediate knowledge of a crime. That's why I said the surveillance video is important. Georgia law doesn't give you carte blanche to detain people.

1 minute ago, Saucer said:

I love checking out construction sites. I was arrested and put on probation for a year for doing that when I was 12. True story. :biggrin:

How would a burglar know nothing was in it before he scoped it out? 

No, really, please answer that. 

is this a serious question? :mj:

5 minutes ago, Hot Sauce said:

If you're witness to a crime or have the immediate knowledge of a crime. That's why I said the surveillance video is important. Georgia law doesn't give you carte blanche to detain people.

So, let’s assume he was caught on camera doing whatever. At that point, do you think they should walk Scott free? 

they obviously should do away with the law, as it can be misinterpreted. What if they truly believed he was the suspect? And they were wrong? Does the law cover “accidents”?

Edited by ghostz

5 minutes ago, Saucer said:

You deserved to be shot and killed for that according to sheepkilla.. lol 

2 minutes ago, SheepKilla said:

You again point out absolute ignorance of how law enforcement works. 

A video doesn't conclusively prove anything. They need to establish context, witnesses, interview the suspect himself, etc. Then write that up, document all evidence, send to DA. Then after all that find the suspect and actually arrest him. 

You think it's simply a matter of watching a video, then walking up someone to arrest them. 

According to McMichael, they have evidence that's even better than the subjective account of an eye-witness, they have objective video footage clearly showing him burglarizing a house. And you're claiming I'm ignorant? 

4 minutes ago, SheepKilla said:

It's a mystery.

?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse1.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIP.yxuxaoxxfQ93qqWe6Ho07AHaG3%26pid%3DApi&f=1

Just now, ghostz said:

So, let’s assume he was caught on camera doing whatever. At that point, do you think they should walk Scott free? 

Kill him on sight apparently.

The dad knew the black guy as he had arrested and they were trying to arrest him for grainy surveillance photo. That doesn't constitute a citizen's arrest, nor does the stand your ground law apply when you literally were waiting to arrest the guy. These people are trash humans and deserve to rot in jail.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Goukosan said:

You deserved to be shot and killed for that according to sheepkilla.. lol 

No, but he likely would have been shot if (he wasn’t 12 but a full grown man) if he attacked the people trying to stop him, when those people had guns. 

They should have never have went looking for him. But the video flat out shows the jogger attacking them