Sign in to follow this  
Delita

“Nothing from the site was ever stolen, saddened by murder” - construction home owner. DynamiteCUCK :cruise:

4 minutes ago, ghostz said:

GA law needs updated to stop this from happening again, that’s for sure 

Hopefully since the GA govenor spoke out against this murder something will change, but I doubt it. One thing I’ve noticed is the south is stubborn more than any reigon of any kind of change 

2 minutes ago, Delita said:

Hopefully since the GA govenor spoke out against this murder something will change, but I doubt it. One thing I’ve noticed is the south is stubborn more than any reigon of any kind of change 

I’m not a fan of open carry at all (concealed is fine, of course). It just causes tension and can easily result in escalation. I see the point of it, but it’s more harm than good, IMO. 

Although there’s the whole “well, by removing it, there will be armed protests”, which will result in some (stupid) people dying, which we’d want to avoid too. Tricky situation for sure. 

10 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

@DynamiteCop  The homeowners themselves said nothing was ever stolen brah:shrug:

wasting your breath trying to convince the racists. 

47 minutes ago, Casual said:

wasting your breath trying to convince the racists. 

Nah, the problem is, this law shouldn’t even be in place even IF he did commit a felony. 

Not sure the official law or anything, but here in PA, if you see someone shop lifting or similar, you aren’t even allowed to chase them, regardless of what they’ve taken. Even if you work there. 

In GA, theft over $500 (I believe) is a felony, so he very well COULD have, they just never got the opportunity to confirm because it turned into a physical altercation. 

So, the law is the problem, imo. It enabled this entire situation. 

Edited by ghostz

1 minute ago, ghostz said:

Nah, the problem is, this law shouldn’t even be in place even IF he did commit a felony. 

Not sure the official law or anything, but here in PA, if you see someone shop lifting or similar, you aren’t even allowed to chase them, regardless of what they’ve taken. Even if you work there. 

Yeah, the concept of a citizens arrest is stupid. Doubt it's ever been acted on by someone who didn't look like a hills have eyes extra. 

2 minutes ago, Casual said:

Yeah, the concept of a citizens arrest is stupid. Doubt it's ever been acted on by someone who didn't look like a hills have eyes extra. 

Agreed, seems very hall monitor-esque. In theory, the neighbor had a right to citizens arrest the McMichaels. The question is, what happens to those who conduct citizens arrest under belief of a felony, when one wasn’t actually committed?

Even tho PA does not have a Citizens Arrest law, I was able to find this. Very similar situation 

“The man told him that he was leaving money for a friend and when the homeowner asked him the friend’s name, it was not the name of his neighbor so he pulled his gun out ,“ said Chief John Livingood.

Police say the homeowner forced the guy out the car at gunpoint and held him until police arrived

“We would never advise anybody to do that…had something gone wrong it would have been an issue. Don’t take the law into your own hands, call police…who knew what could have happened.”

Police say the man who approached the wrong car was given a citation. The owner of the second Honda was charged with possession of drugs.

The homeowner was not charged with any crime.

Pennsylvania does not have a citizen's arrest law

https://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/local/man-makes-citizens-arrest-with-gun-montgomery-county/2111921/

So a few take away points:

If the McMichaels never shot the gun, did they do anything wrong? 

different states, tho.