Sony deceives again: Claims PS5 is “100 times” faster than PS4

18 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

Girl: Would be nice if you don't instantly cum next time.

Dyno: I didn't, I lasted 0.8 seconds

Girl: Yeah, like I said, instantly. 

Dyno: No, 0.8 seconds. Clearly not instantly. I am right, you are wrong.

Sorry but that would still be wrong, it doesn't matter how many dumb analogies you total idiots try to throw at this clearly evident fact, it won't ever change. 

0.8 seconds is not instantaneous, sorry. 

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Girl: Would be nice if you don't instantly cum next time. Dyno: I didn't, I lasted 0.8 seconds Girl: Yeah, like I said, instantly.  Dyno: No, 0.8 seconds. Clearly not instantly. I am ri

^ DynamiteCop late at night when he thinks about PS5's SSD. 

This thread is peak SW.........arguing over 0.8 seconds. 

9 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

To me, if it loads in under a second, that's instantaneous.. because the fact is that if it was LITERALLY instantaneous, that would be quite ugly having no transition effect between starting a game from the menu and then just showing graphics instantly.

For the purposes of loading, 1 sec is instantaneous.

Definitely nothing to argue over anyway.

correct, for the purpose of loading  LESS THAN 1 SECOND LOAD TIME is considered instantaneous. 

9 minutes ago, DynamiteCop said:

Sorry but that would still be wrong, it doesn't matter how many dumb analogies you total idiots try to throw at this clearly evident fact, it won't ever change. 

0.8 seconds is not instantaneous, sorry. 

You claim you're not Autistic but you keep doing and saying Autistic Shit :lawl:

33 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

Girl: Would be nice if you don't instantly cum next time.

Dyno: I didn't, I lasted 0.8 seconds

Girl: Yeah, like I said, instantly. 

Dyno: No, 0.8 seconds. Clearly not instantly. I am right, you are wrong.

:deadsuge:

29 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

To me, if it loads in under a second, that's instantaneous.. because the fact is that if it was LITERALLY instantaneous, that would be quite ugly having no transition effect between starting a game from the menu and then just showing graphics instantly.

For the purposes of loading, 1 sec is instantaneous.

Definitely nothing to argue over anyway.

Not really, the transition could be smooth if developers just utilized the right camera angles and animation. In fact it would be a better stylistic choice than traditional loading screens.

1 minute ago, Twinblade said:

Not really, the transition could be smooth if developers just utilized the right camera angles and animation. In fact it would be a better stylistic choice than traditional loading screens.

If you pressed "start game" and then instantly were shown graphics in the next frame... it would be ugly as fuck... doesn't matter on camera angles and animation lmao...  I don't think you realize what literal frame-to-frame "instantaneous" would be like... because no game has EVER done that... and for good reason.

A 1 second fade to black and fade back or other transition is what you have to do for it to not be ugly.  There's a reason why Mark Cerny even said as much during the Road to PS5 presentation.

1 minute ago, Remij_ said:

If you pressed "start game" and then instantly were shown graphics in the next frame... it would be ugly as fuck... doesn't matter on camera angles and animation lmao...  I don't think you realize what literal frame-to-frame "instantaneous" would be like... because no game has EVER done that... and for good reason.

A 1 second fade to black and fade back or other transition is what you have to do for it to not be ugly.  There's a reason why Mark Cerny even said as much during the Road to PS5 presentation.

Nah, as an example think of a game like TLOU2. The menu could be displaying a bird's eye view of the level (changes depending on the level you're on) with dramatic music in the background. But then the moment you hit continue or play or whatever the camera would pan down and weave through the level until it reaches Ellie from wherever you left off as her (all while the music slowly fades out) That type of transition would be pretty slick honestly.

3 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Nah, as an example think of a game like TLOU2. The menu could be displaying a bird's eye view of the level (changes depending on the level you're on) with dramatic music in the background. But then the moment you hit continue or play or whatever the camera would pan down and weave through the level until it reaches Ellie from wherever you left off as her (all while the music slowly fades out) That type of transition would be pretty slick honestly.

And uh... the game has to load that menu in the first place right?  Company logos.... 1 sec fade to black.... menu.  Press start... camera pans into the world.

Same rule applies breh.

BTW, we already have many games that do exactly that.  God of War for a recent example.

Just now, Remij_ said:

And uh... the game has to load that menu in the first place right?  Company logos.... 1 sec fade to black.... menu.  Press start... camera pans into the world.

Same rule applies breh.

BTW, we already have many games that do exactly that.  God of War for a recent example.

Well obviously theres always the initial loads and splash screens, but it would be cool if devs were able to get rid of every other loading screen, especially the ones that occur whenever you fast travel in a open world game.

Just now, Twinblade said:

Well obviously theres always the initial loads and splash screens, but it would be cool if devs were able to get rid of every other loading screen, especially the ones that occur whenever you fast travel in a open world game.

A 1 sec fade to black IS getting rid of every loading screen.

For some games they will do little artsy transitions, others will just fade to black and back up.

We're talking about 1 second.. or even less than 1 second.  This is cartridge levels of speed.

IF IF IF... Sony can keep loading to 1 or 2 seconds on mostly all games... then "loading" is solved.  It's a complete non issue, and imo, they can talk about it being instant all they want, because for all intents and purposes... it is.

Hell, I'd even consider 4-5 seconds being pretty much "no loading screens".  Fade out, fade back.  There's no time and no sense in even designing loading screens when you're THAT fast.

19 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

A 1 sec fade to black IS getting rid of every loading screen.

For some games they will do little artsy transitions, others will just fade to black and back up.

We're talking about 1 second.. or even less than 1 second.  This is cartridge levels of speed.

IF IF IF... Sony can keep loading to 1 or 2 seconds on mostly all games... then "loading" is solved.  It's a complete non issue, and imo, they can talk about it being instant all they want, because for all intents and purposes... it is.

Hell, I'd even consider 4-5 seconds being pretty much "no loading screens".  Fade out, fade back.  There's no time and no sense in even designing loading screens when you're THAT fast.

That's not instant bro because it literally took 0.812536999 Seconds :grimaceleft: