Sign in to follow this  
GeorgeW1000

University of California Will Stop Using SAT, ACT

The University of California board of regents voted Thursday to stop using the SAT and ACT college admissions exams, reshaping college admissions in one of the largest and most prestigious university systems in the country and dealing a significant blow to the multibillion-dollar college admission testing industry.

The unanimous 23-to-0 vote ratified a proposal put forward last month by UC President Janet Napolitano to phase out the exams over the next five years until the sprawling UC system can develop its own test.

The battle against standardized tests has raged for years because minority students score, on average, lower than their white classmates. Advocates argue that the exams are an unfair admission barrier to those students because they often cannot pay for pricey test preparation.

“The test is a proxy for privilege,” said Regent Cecilia Estolano. “It’s time, it has been studied to death.”

https://www.wsj.com/articles/university-of-california-will-stop-using-sat-act-11590099469

Sad

The SAT gives people an opportunity for people who dislike public school but are forced to go anyway. Ever have bad grades in high school but a good ACT or SAT test? That allows you to get a education at a good school. 

Testing is a better indicator of success than high school grades. 

But we are removing proven, effective tools for schools to find promising students because minorities score poorly on those tests. We are a decaying society. 

• Sad 1

This is retarded. I knew so many smart kids in school who were just lazy and missed a lot of assignments, which was enough to get them Ds and Cs in a lot of classes but then they took their SATs and pulled off above average scores in every category. Higher education is becoming a joke in this country.....

• Upvote 1

I don't want to give in to the conspiracy theories but i'll share what i saw from when i was working in one of those humanities departments, I can tell you my entire faculty in the 'English' department was gay. you'd think they'd rename 'English literature' to Queer studies (because it's one in the same,) and it's all that will get funding anyways. It's pretty much the only research interest they have, and pretty much the only way to get admitted into grad school is to grovel to the queers. The entire faculty is a network of gay people.

I have this co-worker, a gay black guy in his early 20's, and god bless his soul he's so ignorant. I was telling him how i was pretty fucked for money, and he told me to apply for a gay Carribean literature research grant, and he honestly thought i had a chance of getting it. He's just so accustomed to university life that he thought a panel of queers from the Caribbean would give thousands of dollars to a straight white guy, just because. even if i wrote the best gay Caribbean essay, they wouldn't give me shit. :hest: 

Not hating but for some reason all the Jews are gay themselves or love gays, It does seem like a literal cult.

4 minutes ago, Bodycount VII said:

I don't want to give in to the conspiracy theories but i'll share what i saw from when i was working in one of those humanities departments, I can tell you my entire faculty in the 'English' department was gay. you'd think they'd rename 'English literature' to Queer studies (because it's one in the same,) and it's all that will get funding anyways. It's pretty much the only research interest they have, and pretty much the only way to get admitted into grad school is to grovel to the queers. The entire faculty is a network of gay people.

I have this co-worker, a gay black guy in his early 20's, and god bless his soul he's so ignorant. I was telling him how i was pretty fucked for money, and he told me to apply for a gay Carribean literature research grant, and he honestly thought i had a chance of getting it. He's just so accustomed to university life that he thought a panel of queers from the Caribbean would give thousands of dollars to a straight white guy, just because. even if i wrote the best gay Caribbean essay, they wouldn't give me shit. :hest: 

Not hating but for some reason all the Jews are gay themselves or love gays, It does seem like a literal cult.

liking gay and gay things is pretty normal. 80% of people support LGBT in America. In university there is an issue of adverse selection, where more lefty people want to be university staff than right wing people. It's also the case that universities are in left wing cities....

Edited by GeorgeW1000

1 minute ago, GeorgeW1000 said:

liking gay and gay things is pretty normal. 80% of people support LGBT in America. In university there is an issue of adverse selection, where more lefty people want to be university staff than right wing people. It's also the case that universities are in left wing cities....

sociology is all about gays.

literature is all about gays.

Political science is all about gays.

These used to be real fields, they weren't only about identity politics. :D 

I had this one tranny in my class, 6"2 white guy built like a brick shithouse, fucker would come in wearing dresses, sandals and flipsflops and i'd have to see his big disgusting man-feet everyday in those girly ass shoes of his.

i'll never unsee that. :rofl: 

• dead 1

Janet Napolitano and Co. are seriously screwing up the UC system. When I was at Cal, it was ranked in the global Top 10 by pretty much everyone. Now it's not even the top-ranked public school. I hate communists. :mindblown:

the way education is handled is wrong all over the world. it's obviously okay-ish for most first world countries and in europe for example it's pretty fair so everyone can get the chance to get into higher education.

but it shouldn't be locked behind grades or anything at all. you should be able to get "real" degrees from home if you choose to, only take occasional workshops with profs etc. and then do tests. 

1-10th grade is a joke and not indicative of anything at all at that age, but so is 11-13th grade (in europe, but it is when you choose to do it and it gets harder/meaningful). 

the knowledge is all there, to think that scripts from profs etc. are gated behind a paywall and attendance is ridiculous to me. give me your entire script and i work through it and then ask a few questions and im good for any test. 

but every gov wants workers not people. 

6 hours ago, Bodycount VII said:

sociology is all about gays.

literature is all about gays.

Political science is all about gays.

These used to be real fields, they weren't only about identity politics. :D 

I had this one tranny in my class, 6"2 white guy built like a brick shithouse, fucker would come in wearing dresses, sandals and flipsflops and i'd have to see his big disgusting man-feet everyday in those girly ass shoes of his.

i'll never unsee that. :rofl: 

Bodycount VII

9 hours ago, GeorgeW1000 said:

https://www.wsj.com/articles/university-of-california-will-stop-using-sat-act-11590099469

Sad

The SAT gives people an opportunity for people who dislike public school but are forced to go anyway. Ever have bad grades in high school but a good ACT or SAT test? That allows you to get a education at a good school. 

Testing is a better indicator of success than high school grades. 

But we are removing proven, effective tools for schools to find promising students because minorities score poorly on those tests. We are a decaying society. 

Are you retarded?  Testing is the absolute worst indicator of success, study after study has shown exactly that.  You shouldn't comment on shit you are ignorant too.  UC California is also not the first University to drop SAT scores and ACT scores.   

IDIOT!!!!!

Honestly, good. Fuck the college board. It's a racket.