How much money do you think a Shenmue 4 kickstarter would raise?

A Shenmue 4 kickstarter would raise....  

4 members have voted

1. 1. A Shenmue 4 kickstarter would raise....

• Roughly as much as Shenmue 3 or even more (major success)
    • $4-6 million (still relatively successful)
    • $2-4 million (flop)
    • $1-2 million (major flop)
    • Under $1 million (Legendary flop)

I was browsing resetera (yeah yeah i know. Just trying to find gaming news that might have slipped the cracks) and theres a 7 page thread filled with people just trashing Shenmue 3. Its obvious that its universally considered a massive disappointment, and It made me realize that a Shenmue 4 kickstarter could actually be a pretty big failure in comparison. 

Thats not including the whole EGS controversy, they really destroyed their reputation with that one

And for the record 3 raised a total of $7.1 million.

They had their shot and they blew it. Now I understand why Sega stopped giving this guy money to lead a team and locked him in a basement somewhere till he quit.

my guess a 4 would fall somewhere around 350k at most. 

so they fucked their fans by not continuing the story in a story driven game with a budget of 7,1 million and just filled it with mini games? I didn't even know they had that kind of a budget. 

what koko said

in the end it just shows my superior taste and instincts :ben:  i always thought shenmue is trash. even if you guys liked the first 2 i never could play this garbo, i could see it coming. its better to avoid being sucked into the shitty story and then get fucked over by greedy assholes. i am a god :bow: 

Edited by kazuolicious