Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
unnamed

So I finally beat The Last of Us Part II *unmarked spoilers ITT*

Recommended Posts

Ellie's sections from a gameplay perspective are considerably more enjoyable than Abby's all around, but by the end I didn't even really like Ellie anymore as a person, she's kind of a piece of shit. She's consumed by illogical hate, selfish, on a path of total self destruction, can't see reason in anything and all in all I greatly preferred Abby as a character. The end had its way of managing closure but it was really quite hollow. The game drags on far too long, there's like three times you think it's over and then it just keeps going. It reminded me of Lord of the Rings: Return of the King, great film but the amount of drag towards the end sours the whole experience. It started to get really tedious and boring to play.

 

The game definitely gets worse as it goes on, I don't know what Druckmann is talking about on how people will be torn like something crazy happens, it's not like it gets controversial. The game just kind of nose dives once you take control of Abby for the second half. The story remains interesting but the way the game changes in terms of play is the real negative. It goes from open sprawls and interesting sights to dark and gloomy, many more set pieces, too many like minded indoor sections and so on and so forth.
 

I didn't hate the game, I still really enjoyed it and thought the story was pretty good, but the momentum in terms of gameplay interest really stagnates. 

 

If I had to throw a score on this it would be like a 7.5, it's a good but fairly flawed games.

 

P.S. They even fucked up Seattle, the Alaskan Way Viaduct was torn down over a year ago and yet here it is in 2038.... Even with all the delays they couldn't correct this which struck me as odd. As a Seattle native this kind of came off as a "really?" moment. 

 

1kha16mi4ey21.png

 

cDU1B8J.jpg

 

xkdVLV9.jpg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, DynamitCop! ALM said:

Ellie's sections from a gameplay perspective are considerably more enjoyable than Abby's all around, but by the end I didn't even really like Ellie anymore as a person, she's kind of a piece of shit. She's consumed by illogical hate, selfish, on a path of total self destruction, can't see reason in anything and all in all I greatly preferred Abby as a character. The end had its way of managing closure but it was really quite hollow. The game drags on far too long, there's like three times you think it's over and then it just keeps going. It reminded me of Lord of the Rings: Return of the King, great film but the amount of drag towards the end sours the whole experience. It started to get really tedious and boring to play.

 

The game definitely gets worse as it goes on, I don't know what Druckmann is talking about on how people will be torn like something crazy happens, it's not like it gets controversial. The game just kind of nose dives once you take control of Abby for the second half. The story remains interesting but the way the game changes in terms of play is the real negative. It goes from open sprawls and interesting sights to dark and gloomy, many more set pieces, too many like minded indoor sections and so on and so forth.
 

I didn't hate the game, I still really enjoyed it and thought the story was pretty good, but the momentum in terms of gameplay interest really stagnates. 

 

If I had to throw a score on this it would be like a 7.5, it's a good but fairly flawed games.

 

P.S. They even fucked up Seattle, the Alaskan Way Viaduct was torn down over a year ago and yet here it is in 2038.... Even with all the delays they couldn't correct this which struck me as odd. As a Seattle native this kind of came off as a "really?" moment. 

 

1kha16mi4ey21.png

 

cDU1B8J.jpg

 

Except in the world of TLOU, society came to a stop in 2013.

 

So, that thing exist in 2013, right? It wouldn't have been torn-down all those decades later.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The atmosphere in the 2nd half is quite a bit better, how exactly does it have too many indoor segments? Thats a pretty bizarre complaint that I haven't seen before. I feel like you enjoyed the game more than you're letting on, and are just trying to find excuses to hate on it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

xkdVLV9.jpg

 

She looks like fucking marcus fenix from Gears of war, what a fucking joke this is. :rofl: 


Seriously, fuck you and fuck anybody who payed money for this trash SJW fantasy game. Keep enabling this evil little scumbag devs, let's see what happens.

 

can't get any worse at this point. Abby Tranny freaker :rofl: Fucking travesty of a game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, jehurey said:

Except in the world of TLOU, society came to a stop in 2013.

 

So, that thing exist in 2013, right? It wouldn't have been torn-down all those decades later.

I understand the whole 'alternate timeline' thing but the fact of the matter is the game is modeled on Seattle, and that prominent freeway structure just doesn't exist anymore. I really don't think it has anything to do with some alternate future but instead was something built into the game quite a ways back before it was torn down and never changed to reflect it. 

 

I hear what you're saying but I don't think it should be there.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, DynamitCop! ALM said:

I understand the whole 'alternate timeline' thing but the fact of the matter is the game is modeled on Seattle, and that prominent freeway structure just doesn't exist anymore. I really don't think it has anything to do with some alternate future but instead was something built into the game quite a ways back before it was torn down and never changed to reflect it. 

 

I hear what you're saying but I don't think it should be there.

 

 

Its not an "alternate" timeline............its THEIR timeline.

 

You wouldn't expect NEW buildings that were built post-2013 in the Seattle to exist in the game, would you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, jehurey said:

 

Its not an "alternate" timeline............its THEIR timeline.

 

You wouldn't expect NEW buildings that were built post-2013 in the Seattle to exist in the game, would you?

I'm really not going to be having this conversation with you. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, DynamitCop! ALM said:

I understand the whole 'alternate timeline' thing but the fact of the matter is the game is modeled on Seattle, and that prominent freeway structure just doesn't exist anymore. I really don't think it has anything to do with some alternate future but instead was something built into the game quite a ways back before it was torn down and never changed to reflect it. 

 

I hear what you're saying but I don't think it should be there.

 

:snoop:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

The atmosphere in the 2nd half is quite a bit better, how exactly does it have too many indoor segments? Thats a pretty bizarre complaint that I haven't seen before. I feel like you enjoyed the game more than you're letting on, and are just trying to find excuses to hate on it.

This. The change into the second half was rough af, but the last third of the game has the most memorable moments. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, -GD- BLM said:

This. The change into the second half was rough af, but the last third of the game has the most memorable moments. 

I would agree it has the most memorable moments, I said the story maintains as interesting but the gameplay style and how you have to play takes a nosedive. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, DynamitCop! ALM said:

I would agree it has the most memorable moments, I said the story maintains as interesting but the gameplay style and how you have to play takes a nosedive. 

Lol no

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I actually liked Ellie more by the end. No one comes away looking like a good person and you can see Ellie tried to live a normal life but her ptsd wouldn’t let her. It validated Joel’s sudden death in my eyes by how Ellie had everything and then threw it away showing she always cared more for Joel than Dina

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

 

 

Their recreation of seattle is actually pretty accurate overall. Its not 1:1 but that wasn't their intention.

I remember the Government Tribunal building and the Space Ship Library from when I travelled to Seattle on my bike from White Rock. Lived on the streets for a couple weeks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Delita said:

I actually liked Ellie more by the end. No one comes away looking like a good person and you can see Ellie tried to live a normal life but her ptsd wouldn’t let her. It validated Joel’s sudden death in my eyes by how Ellie had everything and then threw it away showing she always cared more for Joel than Dina

Abby came away looking like a good person, she only killed when she had to and kept on point with what she intended to do. She was focused, she went after Joel and only Joel, saw her task to completion and then moved on. She spared Ellie and the others multiple times because it wasn't about them, it was an eye for an eye with Joel. 

 

The dumbest part about Ellie's entire arc was that she had overwhelming contempt for Joel because of what he had done, how he didn't let her die so a cure could be made and so on and so forth. However in that same thought she wants to kill Abby for seeking vengeance against Joel because he murdered her father during the events of what Ellie wanted to happen in the first place?!? How can she be pissed about Abby killing Joel? She basically hated him for stopping it from happening, and the only reason he's dead is because he killed the people doing the procedure that she post-knowledge wanted to go through. It's fucking stupid. 

 

To add to this she doesn't care about anyone else, she's selfish, she doesn't heed advice, she can't let things go when they've very clearly reached the point that they absolutely should be let go and she kills everyone just to get to her illegitimate target who had full justification for killing Joel. What was the end result? Countless people dead for needless reasons, her own friends getting killed, her losing her family and community, her losing her fingers...

 

And for what? Abby is still alive, she accomplished nothing. She lost her mind and went on a rampage not weighing or caring about any of the consequences, she's a psychopath. 

 

 

Edited by DynamitCop! ALM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The last third has the best parts of the game: the sniper fight, the rat king at the hospital and the battle on the island. I feel the story dragged a little in the middle when it switched to Abby but the last third was awesome. The Ellie part at the end is necessary imo. You feel her inner struggle how she couldn't just let it go.  By the end I really wanted her to let it go which she did eventually but it costed her everything. It's a rather sad ending for her.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×