Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
DynamitCop! ALM

So I finally beat The Last of Us Part II *unmarked spoilers ITT*

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Twinblade said:

 and are just trying to find excuses to hate on it.

Fuck off with this bullshit 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

Fuck off with this bullshit 

u mad?

 

I guess you and dyno have 2 things in common: you both missed the point of the story and Ellie's reasoning for acting like she did.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Twinblade said:

u mad?

 

I guess you and dyno have 2 things in common: you both missed the point of the story and Ellie's reasoning for acting like she did.

She's a psychopath who acts without logical or legitimate reason. I think I got the grips of it pretty well, you're overlooking the obvious seeking deeper meaning. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Twinblade said:

u mad?

 

I guess you and dyno have 2 things in common: you both missed the point of the story and Ellie's reasoning for acting like she did.

So what is it... we're just trying to find excuses but we really liked it.... or we both missed the point :drake: 

 

Can't even keep your bullshit straight.  Can't accept criticism of the game.  Can't accept that many people don't like this game.  ect ect..

 

Yea, so mad :cries: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

So what is it... we're just trying to find excuses but we really liked it.... or we both missed the point :drake: 

 

Can't even keep your bullshit straight.  Can't accept criticism of the game.  Can't accept that many people don't like this game.  ect ect..

 

Yea, so mad :cries: 

There are plenty of complaints you can use against the game. I myself said that it feels bloated and the core gameplay loop doesn't change at all so the encounters become repetitive.

 

But it nails the storytelling and that was the main thing you guys were whining about before release.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Twinblade said:

There are plenty of complaints you can use against the game. I myself said that it feels bloated and the core gameplay loop doesn't change at all so the encounters become repetitive.

 

But it nails the storytelling and that was the main thing you guys were whining about before release.

In your opinion it does.... not in mine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, DynamitCop! ALM said:

Abby came away looking like a good person, she only killed when she had to and kept on point with what she intended to do. She was focused, she went after Joel and only Joel, saw her task to completion and then moved on. She spared Ellie and the others multiple times because it wasn't about them, it was an eye for an eye with Joel. 

 

The dumbest part about Ellie's entire arc was that she had overwhelming contempt for Joel because of what he had done, how he didn't let her die so a cure could be made and so on and so forth. However in that same thought she wants to kill Abby for seeking vengeance against Joel because he murdered her father during the events of what Ellie wanted to happen in the first place?!? How can she be pissed about Abby killing Joel? She basically hated him for stopping it from happening, and the only reason he's dead is because he killed the people doing the procedure that she post-knowledge wanted to go through. It's fucking stupid. 

 

To add to this she doesn't care about anyone else, she's selfish, she doesn't heed advice, she can't let things go when they've very clearly reached the point that they absolutely should be let go and she kills everyone just to get to her illegitimate target who had full justification for killing Joel. What was the end result? Countless people dead for needless reasons, her own friends getting killed, her losing her family and community, her losing her fingers...

 

And for what? Abby is still alive, she accomplished nothing. She lost her mind and went on a rampage not weighing or caring about any of the consequences, she's a psychopath. 

 

 

Well, you obviously missed how much Joel meant to Ellie. And yes she clearly lost herself and became obsessed on revenge, which is not hard to understand imo. It's all cool though, the story works for some and didn't for others.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

bubu you're just trying to find excuses to hate on me :awww:

Bu bu teh rumors, I hate the this game :ironing:

 

:rofls:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

Bu bu teh rumors, I hate the this game :ironing:

 

:rofls:

If you don't like it it's cause you just don't get it :cries: 

 

:rofl: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Remij_ said:

If you don't like it it's cause you just don't get it :cries: 

 

:rofl: 

The rumors are twue, I ate it up like I eat shit :ironing:

 

:rofls:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, lynux3 said:

The rumors are twue, I ate it up like I eat shit :ironing:

 

:rofls:

Wem, yhou jus dun ged it :tear2: 

 

:rofl: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Remij_ said:

Wem, yhou jus dun ged it :tear2: 

 

:rofl: 

I sucked off those rumors like I do men :ironing:

 

:rofls:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DynamitCop! ALM said:

Abby came away looking like a good person, she only killed when she had to and kept on point with what she intended to do. She was focused, she went after Joel and only Joel, saw her task to completion and then moved on. She spared Ellie and the others multiple times because it wasn't about them, it was an eye for an eye with Joel. 

 

The dumbest part about Ellie's entire arc was that she had overwhelming contempt for Joel because of what he had done, how he didn't let her die so a cure could be made and so on and so forth. However in that same thought she wants to kill Abby for seeking vengeance against Joel because he murdered her father during the events of what Ellie wanted to happen in the first place?!? How can she be pissed about Abby killing Joel? She basically hated him for stopping it from happening, and the only reason he's dead is because he killed the people doing the procedure that she post-knowledge wanted to go through. It's fucking stupid. 

 

To add to this she doesn't care about anyone else, she's selfish, she doesn't heed advice, she can't let things go when they've very clearly reached the point that they absolutely should be let go and she kills everyone just to get to her illegitimate target who had full justification for killing Joel. What was the end result? Countless people dead for needless reasons, her own friends getting killed, her losing her family and community, her losing her fingers...

 

And for what? Abby is still alive, she accomplished nothing. She lost her mind and went on a rampage not weighing or caring about any of the consequences, she's a psychopath. 

 

 

She also said so that her life would have meant something if she died, and Joel tells her if he could go back he would do it again. I thought it illustrated the point to her that her life mattered ...to him. Maybe she didn’t really grasp the meaning in the moment but the way they chose to end it with that scene makes me feel the comment really stuck with her and was meant as her motivation to continue living.

 

Joel probably deserved his death in the grand scheme of things but even if their is justification, I don’t think most people would just be okay with their dad or someone who they considered to be their father figure being murdered in front of them regardless of what they’ve done plus the one person who actually valued her life while she herself even didn’t.

 

The ending where she lets Abby go just showed that she’s just lost and doesent know what she really wants anymore and has still a lot of maturing to do, as she was still just a confused teenager in the game after all. So I don’t think she’s necessarily a psychopath all things considered. Just a shitty world and everyone has to fight to survive :shrug:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

I sucked off those rumors like I do men :ironing:

 

:rofls:

WEMI, Yor missing tah poin, u juz don undahsthan I SWARE~~!~~!  Dis gaem maed me fee fee thins I never feel beforh :awww: 

 

:cruise: 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DynamitCop! ALM said:

Abby came away looking like a good person, she only killed when she had to and kept on point with what she intended to do. She was focused, she went after Joel and only Joel, saw her task to completion and then moved on. She spared Ellie and the others multiple times because it wasn't about them, it was an eye for an eye with Joel. 

 

The dumbest part about Ellie's entire arc was that she had overwhelming contempt for Joel because of what he had done, how he didn't let her die so a cure could be made and so on and so forth. However in that same thought she wants to kill Abby for seeking vengeance against Joel because he murdered her father during the events of what Ellie wanted to happen in the first place?!? How can she be pissed about Abby killing Joel? She basically hated him for stopping it from happening, and the only reason he's dead is because he killed the people doing the procedure that she post-knowledge wanted to go through. It's fucking stupid. 

 

To add to this she doesn't care about anyone else, she's selfish, she doesn't heed advice, she can't let things go when they've very clearly reached the point that they absolutely should be let go and she kills everyone just to get to her illegitimate target who had full justification for killing Joel. What was the end result? Countless people dead for needless reasons, her own friends getting killed, her losing her family and community, her losing her fingers...

 

And for what? Abby is still alive, she accomplished nothing. She lost her mind and went on a rampage not weighing or caring about any of the consequences, she's a psychopath. 

 

 

Killing Abby would not have accomplished anything. Each time she killed in the game it showed Ellie never found satisfaction, on the contrary it scarred her further. Abby never found satisfaction from killing Joel, she still had the nightmares walking down that hallways. Revenge was a fools errand

 

For Ellie her pain was as much that she never reconciled fully with Joel but that she also finally understood why he went go the lengths he did for love. And while she could forgive, she wouldn't repeat it. Those lengths broke his relationship with Ellie. For Abby those lengths resulted in the death of all her friends

 

Ellie walked away with the capacity to forgive, admit her own mistakes, heal and forge her own path. Abby walked away with Lev as a selfish crutch to any connection to her humanity, the same way Joel needed Ellie to find any humanity. For those two they are broken beyond repair without Lev/Ellie respectively. 

 

To compare the two, Ellie spared Abby because she found it within herself that it was the right thing. For Abby, she spared Ellie twice. Once because Owen told her it was the right thing, and secondly because Lev told her it was the right thing. Abby grew without ever admitting to anything she ever did as being wrong, the same as Joel never admitted what he did was wrong 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

WEMI, Yor missing tah poin, u juz don undahsthan I SWARE~~!~~!  Dis gaem maed me fee fee thins I never feel beforh :awww: 

 

:cruise: 

Embarrassed that you soaked up all the bullshit and have nothing else. :rofls: I guess that's what happens when you're stupid. :mj:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×