Digital Foundry - Deadly Premonition 2 Analysis

2 minutes ago, Saucer said:

:down:  I have a copy arriving tomorrow and I'm going to send it back. I was hoping it could be patched but after watching that DF video it looks hopeless. 

They said they will not be patching it. Send it back

6 minutes ago, Cooke (not admin cant help said:

They said they will not be patching it. Send it back

Huh?  That's not true.  They confirmed they are looking into updating the game.  Jim "clarified" his claim after he was wrong.

Swery's response when asked about it:

"There will not be a patch released in time for the release date, but Swery's going to take everyone's opinions and points into account, and he's going to fight with the producer to get something done at some point after the game's release"

While I still wouldn't expect a miracle.. it could get to a much better state.  Even 5fps more in the open world would make a decent difference.  They're probably looking into how well the game is doing and decide if it's even worth it or not lol

Edited by Remij (not a Lem cant help
1 hour ago, Delita said:

How can they ship this? It literally hovers between 2-15 fps in the open world :|

Is that really considered hovering? :monosmug:

16 minutes ago, Remij (not a Lem cant help said:

Huh?  That's not true.  They confirmed they are looking into updating the game.  Jim "clarified" his claim after he was wrong.

Swery's response when asked about it:

"There will not be a patch released in time for the release date, but Swery's going to take everyone's opinions and points into account, and he's going to fight with the producer to get something done at some point after the game's release"

While I still wouldn't expect a miracle.. it could get to a much better state.  Even 5fps more in the open world would make a decent difference.  They're probably looking into how well the game is doing and decide if it's even worth it or not lol

Ok well it was the original quote I was referring to. Didn't realize there was a new statement. 

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, -GD- said:

if they fix the framerate, i'd give it a shot. i've seen some pretty awesome story clips. 

Yeah unfortunate that, that's how it runs now; like turning the page; and not even the smooth way a Kindle does it.

• dead 1
3 hours ago, -GD- said:

if they fix the framerate, i'd give it a shot. i've seen some pretty awesome story  clips. 

Theres some good character moments but overall the story pails in comparison to the first game's so far (after 17 or so hours). And honestly, I feel like even the gameplay is worse in a lot of ways. The 'otherworld' sections where the majority of the combat takes place are just the same 2 or 3 rooms and corridors copied and pasted over and over again. Theres also only been 2 brain dead enemy types so far that all die in 2 shots. Its just really mundane and barebones.

• Sad 1
5 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Theres some good character moments but overall the story pails in comparison to the first game's so far (after 17 or so hours). And honestly, I feel like even the gameplay is worse in a lot of ways. The 'otherworld' sections where the majority of the combat takes place are just the same 2 or 3 rooms and corridors copied and pasted over and over again. Theres also only been 2 brain dead enemy types so far that all die in 2 shots. Its just really mundane and barebones.

How obnoxious is it getting around in the overworld with that framerate?

1 minute ago, Saucer said:

How obnoxious is it getting around in the overworld with that framerate?

The bad framerate is one thing but the skateboard controls are also bad so that doesn't help. Turning in particular doesn't feel good, and you come to a dead stop when you run into any piece of geometry no matter how small. Its also really inconsistent about that, you can ride over some curbs for example while others will stop you dead in your tracks. The one positive is that because the open world is so barebones and lifeless there aren't that many things to run into in the first place, so overall traversing the world is usually ok as long as you're paying attention and braking before turning corners.

• Sad 1
  • Confused 1