So that Suikoden spiritual successor might not be coming out for the Switch after all.. rather "Nintendo next generation" stretch goal

https://nintendoeverything.com/eiyuden-chronicle-dev-clarifies-plans-for-nintendo-consoles/

Eiyuden Chronicle will be launching on Kickstarter next week. The game comes from Rabbit & Bear Studios, which includes staff members behind Suikoden and more. For those curious about what the plan is as far as supporting Nintendo is concerned, we received clarification straight from the developer.

The initial goal for Eiyuden Chronicle will be for PC. However, a console stretch goal will be visible on the official Kickstarter page, which will list “Nintendo next-generation”.

Development on Eiyuden Chronicle is expected to take more than two years. Rabbit & Bear Studios explained that, at least for now, it’s difficult to know where Nintendo will be from a hardware perspective. The campaign page will mention that the team is focusing on next-gen consoles and hopes there is new hardware from Nintendo, but in the event that there isn’t, they’ll look into implementing things like texture adjustments for releasing the game on the Switch. “Bare minimum, we will get the game on some Nintendo console,” Rabbit & Bear Studios said.

Basically the game wont be done for a couple years yet, and they don't know where Nintendo will be at that point.  If they have new hardware, it'll be on that... if not.. they'll downgrade it for the Switch.

5 minutes ago, HALOmij said:

https://nintendoeverything.com/eiyuden-chronicle-dev-clarifies-plans-for-nintendo-consoles/

Basically the game wont be done for a couple years yet, and they don't know where Nintendo will be at that point.  If they have new hardware, it'll be on that... if not.. they'll downgrade it for the Switch.

whatever system it is... it will still be called "Switch" in someway

Just now, Goukosan said:

whatever system it is... it will still be called "Switch" in someway

It's interesting they're restricting themselves to next gen consoles only though.  Nothing appears to be out of the realm of current gen hardware.  Seems a bit odd to me... not that I'm upset about it or anything.

1 minute ago, HALOmij said:

It's interesting they're restricting themselves to next gen consoles only though.  Nothing appears to be out of the realm of current gen hardware.  Seems a bit odd to me... not that I'm upset about it or anything.

I said something similar in the other thread. 

They list PS5, Series X.... and Switch? 

That was a weird paring of systems. 

Just now, Bodycount N said:

it'll be made for nintendo consoles first and foremost basically, it's a JRPG, the genre that we absolutely own and bullied off of playstation.

It will be made FOR us! :lawd:

It's being made for PC.. first and foremost :smug:  

Just now, Goukosan said:

I said something similar in the other thread. 

They list PS5, Series X.... and Switch? 

That was a weird paring of systems. 

Well, I guess Nintendo has spoken about how they're expecting a long lifecycle for the Switch, and the game is being developed for 2 years out, so they probably just figure PS5 and Series X and Switch will be the main consoles everyone is focusing on by that time.  Nintendo could have new hardware out by then.. so they're likely just clarifying that messaging so people understand a bit better their intentions.

18 minutes ago, HALOmij said:

Well, I guess Nintendo has spoken about how they're expecting a long lifecycle for the Switch, and the game is being developed for 2 years out, so they probably just figure PS5 and Series X and Switch will be the main consoles everyone is focusing on by that time.  Nintendo could have new hardware out by then.. so they're likely just clarifying that messaging so people understand a bit better their intentions.

Clear messaging makes a huge difference.  MS should take note :bena:

Edited by Goukosan