Open Club  ·  22 members  ·  Rules

All Things Politics

Study of 100 recovered COVID patients reveal that 78 of them had cardiac involvement, with 60 of them still ongoing cardial inflammation.

Original paper: https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jamacardiology/fullarticle/2768916

This paper studied 100 recovered patients and found cardiac involvement in 78% of them, 60% had ongoing myocardial inflammation. Of the 100 patients, 67 of them recovered at home, 18 of which were asymptomatic. 33 were hospitalized, 2 of which were on ventilators. The cardiac issues were independent of Covid severity and pre-existing conditions.

For those wondering if this damage may be permanent, here is a German article about the same study:

https://www.br.de/nachrichten/wissen/corona-herzschaeden-auch-bei-leichtem-covid-19-verlauf,S5wNnj2

which reports that the damage occurs even in patient with light symptoms and that the damage may be permanent:

In 71 patients, the troponin marker was found, which indicates heart muscle damage. That's why the scientists fear that the damage may be partially permanent.

You do not want to get this virus, even if you end up being asymptomatic.

This may take years off your life expectancy if your ticker is weaker than it should be towards the latter years of your life.

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, jehurey said:

You do not want to get this virus, even if you end up being asymptomatic.

This may take years off your life expectancy if your ticker is weaker than it should be towards the latter years of your life.

This is from a 30ish friend:

I chose not to live in fear (it's like the regular flu they said)... smh 
First symptoms were throat, eye & chest irritation... I thought it was allergies from the Sahara Dust cloud... then the fevers & cold sweats rolled in... *** brought home an oxygen meter & my oxygen saturation was in the mid 80's... off to the ER...
CT scan showed damage to my lungs... at this point I was struggling to breathe, every breath burned, hurt to talk, couldn't say 3 words without triggering a coughing attack & getting light headed...
heart palpitations are no picnic either, very scary...

I'm home now, very weak, exhausted!! Was put on steroids & antibiotics for secondary health... most importantly my girls are in great shape, thank God!! I don't know if I would've survived this without my Queen, ****** ❤ I love you!!! 

be safe ppl, don't play Russian roulette with your health like I did. This thing is no joke.

• Like 2
17 hours ago, -GD- said:

This is from a 30ish friend:

I chose not to live in fear (it's like the regular flu they said)... smh 
First symptoms were throat, eye & chest irritation... I thought it was allergies from the Sahara Dust cloud... then the fevers & cold sweats rolled in... *** brought home an oxygen meter & my oxygen saturation was in the mid 80's... off to the ER...
CT scan showed damage to my lungs... at this point I was struggling to breathe, every breath burned, hurt to talk, couldn't say 3 words without triggering a coughing attack & getting light headed...
heart palpitations are no picnic either, very scary...

I'm home now, very weak, exhausted!! Was put on steroids & antibiotics for secondary health... most importantly my girls are in great shape, thank God!! I don't know if I would've survived this without my Queen, ****** ❤ I love you!!! 

be safe ppl, don't play Russian roulette with your health like I did. This thing is no joke.

But he survived though so that means it's not the serious and Covid-19 is weaker because it's the summer and it will soon disappear.

For the life of me I don't understand why people are taking this for a joke.  Or think it's a conspiracy theory that somehow the ENTIRE FUCKING PLANET is in on :grimaceleft: