Halo Infinite July 23rd build was only weeks old.

Just now, HALOmij said:

Looked great.  Looks like more Halo.  Looks fun.  Haters :shrug: 

That little meme or whatever would work if that was true, but it's not. Looks like :poop:.

Just now, lynux3 said:

That little meme or whatever would work if that was true, but it's not. Looks like :poop:.

It will be true.  Millions and millions will buy and enjoy this game.  Haters will be on the forums whining like ususal.

Edited by HALOmij
1 minute ago, HALOmij said:

It will be true.  Millions and millions will buy and enjoy this game.  Haters will be on the forums whining like ususal.

Just like you hating and whining about The Last of Us Part II despite being completely wrong? :wonder: I like Halo, but this Halo objectively looked bad visually and its gameplay. This isn't a SystemWars thing, this is wider spread gaming community thing.

2 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

Just like you hating and whining about The Last of Us Part II despite being completely wrong? :wonder: I like Halo, but this Halo objectively looked bad visually and its gameplay. This isn't a SystemWars thing, this is wider spread gaming community thing.

Yes, exactly like that.  Millions and millions liked and enjoyed that game.  I didn't.

No Halo didn't look bad... it looked like Halo...

lmao ADHD kids that need fucking zip lines and teleporting and super speed movement and other bullshit in their games to feel like it's "good gameplay"... 

I think you're understating it a bit Remij, there are definitely a lot of legitimate Halo fans truly disappointed with that showing. 

Also many many Halo fans wanted a classic style campaign and not an open world and especially not a GaaS. 

The grappling hook is also something that is not seen by a positive by many for the reasons you mentioned (zip lines, faster movements, etc, not really a Halo thing)

Just now, madmaltese said:

I think you're understating it a bit Remij, there are definitely a lot of legitimate Halo fans truly disappointed with that showing. 

Also many many Halo fans wanted a classic style campaign and not an open world and especially not a GaaS. 

The grappling hook is also something that is not seen by a positive by many for the reasons you mentioned (zip lines, faster movements, etc, not really a Halo thing)

Let's be honest... there are people who are going to not like a decision they've made regardless of what they do.  Classic inspired art direction?  I liked the new style more!  Sprint?  I hate sprint, it shouldn't be in Halo.  Open world design?  I hate open world games give me traditional!

They're in a tough situation because fans want "outdated things" to remain... while others want them changed.

I don't think I'm understating anything.  I know full well many people aren't happy with what was shown.  I agree myself that it was disappointing in many ways...  but I really do believe that a lot of it is just bandwagon hating.  A lot of people might not care for Halo anymore, and maybe this didn't do anything to change that... which is fine.  I just think there's a lot of over-exaggeration as well.  It's "in" to hate on xbox... I don't give a single fuck what any of you say.  It absolutely is.  So I know MS has to work even harder to change that perception, and they lost a big chance with this Halo reveal... which is somewhat warranted.. they needed to really reinvigorate the franchise and show that off, and I don't believe they did that.  But at the same time.. I've literally JUST finished playing through the classic games, and this looks like more Halo.  I'm excited for it, because fuck all the gfxs talk and bullshit... I enjoyed replaying the classic Halo games on PC... and a new Halo game in that vein is very close.

As a current gen game, it looks good to me.  It's hugely disappointing considering that it was supposed to show off the Series X.  It was a small slice of the game, and I'm not going to judge the entire game based off it.  Yes, this specific showing was a letdown... but I'm still interested in the game.

57 minutes ago, HALOmij said:

Let's be honest... there are people who are going to not like a decision they've made regardless of what they do.  Classic inspired art direction?  I liked the new style more!  Sprint?  I hate sprint, it shouldn't be in Halo.  Open world design?  I hate open world games give me traditional!

They're in a tough situation because fans want "outdated things" to remain... while others want them changed.

I don't think I'm understating anything.  I know full well many people aren't happy with what was shown.  I agree myself that it was disappointing in many ways...  but I really do believe that a lot of it is just bandwagon hating.  A lot of people might not care for Halo anymore, and maybe this didn't do anything to change that... which is fine.  I just think there's a lot of over-exaggeration as well.  It's "in" to hate on xbox... I don't give a single fuck what any of you say.  It absolutely is.  So I know MS has to work even harder to change that perception, and they lost a big chance with this Halo reveal... which is somewhat warranted.. they needed to really reinvigorate the franchise and show that off, and I don't believe they did that.  But at the same time.. I've literally JUST finished playing through the classic games, and this looks like more Halo.  I'm excited for it, because fuck all the gfxs talk and bullshit... I enjoyed replaying the classic Halo games on PC... and a new Halo game in that vein is very close.

As a current gen game, it looks good to me.  It's hugely disappointing considering that it was supposed to show off the Series X.  It was a small slice of the game, and I'm not going to judge the entire game based off it.  Yes, this specific showing was a letdown... but I'm still interested in the game.

There are those kind of people but there are also people with legitimate critiques. 

I was dying to love this but this was really one of the most disappointing reveals I have ever seen. MS are their own worst enemy. They have been touting the 'most powerful console ever' over and over again, you have Phil talk up their presentation after seeing Sony's (which was impressive) and saying they are very confident with what they have (obviously you aren't gonna shit talk your own but he could easily say nothing) and just constantly going on and on about the graphical capabilities of the Series X. If you do that you simply can not just show an underwhelming graphical reveal like that for your blockbuster game. We are now few months away from Series X release and have we even seen a single bit of Series X gameplay footage yet? All Series X/PC exclusive games were all CGI or 'in engine', and even the cross gen shit was running on PC. It's been a huge fuck up for them and it's their own doing.

You can use the usual 'hate on MS' excuse but TLOU2 has already shown how bs that is. ND is literally top dog in the dev world and the amount of hate and insaneeeeee reaction they got for just a story direction (let alone graphically, gameplay, design, etc like Infinite is getting) in TLOU2 makes Halo Infinite's reaction seem like a drop in the ocean. 

With all that said, of course I'm still interested in the game and regardless what else is shown I'll be there day 1..............on my PC :aitch:

Notice that the only reason why he thinks this game has good "gameplay" is that, well, "it looks like Halo."

Yeah.................well, Crackdown 3 sure did look alot like Crackdown.:sass1:

Edited by jehurey

Lemij Tech Tips writing essays in defence of Halo :holeup:

Remij....As much as I generally respect your opinion on most things, call a spade a spade dude, it looks a bit shit doesn’t it. 

4 hours ago, madmaltese said:

There are those kind of people but there are also people with legitimate critiques. 

I was dying to love this but this was really one of the most disappointing reveals I have ever seen. MS are their own worst enemy. They have been touting the 'most powerful console ever' over and over again, you have Phil talk up their presentation after seeing Sony's (which was impressive) and saying they are very confident with what they have (obviously you aren't gonna shit talk your own but he could easily say nothing) and just constantly going on and on about the graphical capabilities of the Series X. If you do that you simply can not just show an underwhelming graphical reveal like that for your blockbuster game. We are now few months away from Series X release and have we even seen a single bit of Series X gameplay footage yet? All Series X/PC exclusive games were all CGI or 'in engine', and even the cross gen shit was running on PC. It's been a huge fuck up for them and it's their own doing.

You can use the usual 'hate on MS' excuse but TLOU2 has already shown how bs that is. ND is literally top dog in the dev world and the amount of hate and insaneeeeee reaction they got for just a story direction (let alone graphically, gameplay, design, etc like Infinite is getting) in TLOU2 makes Halo Infinite's reaction seem like a drop in the ocean. 

With all that said, of course I'm still interested in the game and regardless what else is shown I'll be there day 1..............on my PC :aitch:

I already admitted MS fucked up with how they touted this game.. but again, I do believe there is lots of detail there that simply wasn't easy to see due to the lighting conditions... and depending on what they do with the ray tracing, a lot of that detail might come out where it didn't before.

And I already called out how bad/weird it was that we still haven't seen gameplay running on an actual Series X at this point.  But at this point we're talking more about the conference in general rather than Halo.  I agree it sucked they showed a lot of CGI stuff... but being honest.. they have a new potential Skyrim equivalent RPG coming from Obsidian, who I think most would agree are better than Bethesda are these days.  That could be a massive game for them, especially on PC.  Fable is going to be great I'm sure.  Playground games is a quality studio and I get the sense that despite everything else that we've yet to see, they'll put out a polished product.  As for how all that ties into Series X launch... lmao I REALLY don't care.  These are all PC games to me as much as you guys love to troll me.  They come when they come... I've got tons of shit to play otherwise.

Regarding Halo though... I fully admit some of the hate is warranted due to the expectations set.  But at the same time, I feel a good chunk of it is simply petty shit.  And I never said the hate was massive.  I actually just said that millions and millions will buy and enjoy this game.  It's just a very vocal, petty minority of people with fanboy shit... and of course media outlets will capitalize and make stories about it.  Note that I'm NOT talking about people who are calling out obvious technical flaws with the game.  There's plenty of legitimate criticism.

I do absolutely think MS has to work on their messaging and not try to oversell their own shit.  I look at how some of their stuff is performing on PC

ax.png

4 out of 7 of the top selling games on Steam globally right now are Xbox Studios titles.  Grounded had almost NO hype.  Flight Sim is a flight simulator lmao.. and Sea of Thieves was a huge underdog game that tons of people deservedly shit on in the beginning.  Halo of course is Halo and despite the staggered release, it's selling extremely well and continues to.  Sea of Thieves is especially crazy.. that game continues to be in the top sellers long after it's initial release.

Now, none of those games might be to your taste... but it doesn't mean they are bad games.  The whole MS games coming to PC thing was long overdue IMO because MS has always made games that would have been received better on PC.. and no lie that goes right back to the original Halo on Xbox.  It was a first person shooter ffs... MS has for a long time wanted to make these online focused games and "ongoing service games" which do exceptionally well on PC because a huge group of PC gamers love that shit, they love slow burn games, simulation games.. and PC communities that find an audience usually have a dedicated audience that plays for a LONG time. 

It's also important to note that all of these games will be playable on Xbox Gamepass for super cheap.. considering how well they are selling at full price because of that.. I think it's safe to say MS is finding their audience.  I think that if Series X and Lockhart don't sell well enough and they fail to catch their hold, then I can definitely see MS focusing on PC first and foremost and building up Gamepass and expanding it where possible.  Gamepass is actually MS' way of getting a chunk of 3rd party game revenue on PC.  On a console they'd get 30% of each 3rd party game sold.. on PC they'd get nothing... but building up a service where they offer 3rd party games for rental essentially, it's not just about MS' own studios making them money on PC, it's 3rd party as well.  It's a good business idea.. and they've got a plan to grow it and make it profitable.. so we'll see how that goes.

So yea, a bit of side tracking there, but like I said, I agree with you on some things... it wasn't a great showing, but I still thought what I saw was enjoyable... and trust me, if I play the game and it sucks, I'll definitely admit as much.  I always have... even with my favorite game series such as FF7Remake.

Edited by HALOmij
Just now, ScaryMovies said:

I’m a graphics whore and I thought it looked pretty good :ben:

There's some obvious aspects which make it appear not as polished as it should be... but yea me too.  I think a few small things would greatly improve the perception of the visuals.. and I'm hoping they do them.. such as push the foliage LOD out much farther, add some small movement to the foliage.  Tweak the overly aggressive DOF... and improved AO (perhaps with RT) would go a LONG way... and those are changes which isn't that difficult to implement.

I actually really like the cutscene visuals.  Of course the pilot doesn't look as good as Joel from TLOU2... but Halo never tried to be realistic.. there's lots of other things to improve before that.