Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Twinblade

GS reviews Grounded's early access build - 6.0

Recommended Posts

Quote

The Good
The skeleton and core loops of a great survival game are here
Miniaturist aesthetic and relative scale design makes for a golden scenario
An arachnophobia mode helps ease the horror of giant spiders


The Bad
Threadbare story content leaves you wanting more
The survival loop is a bit too easy to manage in its current state
The game world feels small thanks to fast character speed, but it's still easy to get turned around in
I can't believe how many spiders there are

 

https://www.gamespot.com/reviews/grounded-early-access-review-little-acorns/1900-6417521/

 

MS just can't catch a break :lul: 

 

edit: bwahaha just noticed that they listed the arachnophobia mode as a positive. Reviewer must have been desperate to fill the positive list.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Since when are Early Access games reviewed? You're reviewing a beta basically... The incompetence of this website knows no bounds. 

 

:martin:

Edited by DynamiteCop!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Since when are Early Access games reviewed? You're reviewing a beta basically... The incompetence of this website knows no bounds. 

 

:martin:

:| 

 

They’re charging $30 for this ‘beta’. Like anything else that a consumer has to pay for, it is going to be open to reviews/criticism.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Twinblade said:

:| 

 

They’re charging $30 for this ‘beta’. Like anything else that a consumer has to pay for, it is going to be open to reviews/criticism.

Essentially all Early Access games are charged for, always have been... They don't get reviewed though... Stop being such a retard. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Essentially all Early Access games are charged for, always have been... They don't get reviewed though... Stop being such a retard. 

Bubububu :disco:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Voidler said:

Bubububu :disco:

Whatever... It's just plain stupidity.. When has this website ever reviewed an Early Access game? When have they reviewed a beta? Never...

 

You don't review them because they're an incomplete product. They haven't gone gold, they have no RC, they're not yet a retail product. They're pay to access development builds. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

Sea of Thieves was pretty much early access and it got reviewed. :shrug: 

It had a RC, it went gold, it was released at retail as a "1.0" final game. It being added to comes with the territory of the design but that is not the same as something which hasn't been 'finished'. 

 

Grounded is legitimately in beta, this was a boneheaded move. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Whatever... It's just plain stupidity.. When has this website ever reviewed an Early Access game? When have they reviewed a beta? Never...

 

You don't review them because they're an incomplete product. They haven't gone gold, they have no RC, they're not yet a retail product. They're pay to access development builds. 

They reviewed the paid beta version of Sea of Thieves 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Essentially all Early Access games are charged for, always have been... They don't get reviewed though... Stop being such a retard. 

Nope, once again you're blinded by your fanboyism. Early access isn't an excuse for them to churn out a glorified prototype and then charge people $30 for it. They will rightfully be open to criticism with a move like that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Twinblade said:

Nope, once again you're blinded by your fanboyism. Early access isn't an excuse for them to churn out a glorified prototype and then charge people $30 for it. They will rightfully be open to criticism with a move like that.

You remain one of the most clueless posters on this board. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

You remain one of the most clueless posters on this board. 

You are an idiot. Calling it "early access" is just their way of trying to get away from criticism for releasing crap.  If you charge for it it should be reviewed.  It's shit and another Xflop. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×