Digital Foundry: Mortal Shell: Every Platform Tested - A Dark Souls Competitor Emerges!

souls competitor! LOL souls fucking invented the sub-genre :kaz:  this shit looks like trash to me, ok maybe not

Edited by kazi of Skalitz

The dev team is only 15 people which is pretty impressive, its unfortunate that it has some major design issues. I haven't played it in a few days because I stumbled into one of the hardest areas and now im locked into it, with no way to backtrack or fast travel out of there. The boss is wiping the floor with me and the whole experience has become more frustrating than fun. Anyone who plans on playing this pretty much has to use a guide to figure out the best order to tackle the different areas in.

3 minutes ago, kazi of Skalitz said:

it looks too much like an exact copy to me every time i try to watch gameplay footage. a poor man's souls 

Its actually pretty different. The health system will throw you for a loop, and the combat has some interesting mechanics. But the atmosphere and whole vibe of it is VERY Souls-ish. If you put it side by side with a Souls game you could easily fool someone into thinking that its part of the series.

• Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, HALOmij said:

I really love the look of the forest area.  I love the glow and ambiance it has.  I haven't played the game yet, but it seems like a great first shot at a Souls-like.

yea the swampy area looks cool.