Wasteland 3 |OT| 85 on Metacritic

30 minutes ago, Remij said:

Is it bad or something?

Speaking of patches though, I went back and checked out Disco Elysium since there's been some patches since I played it... and god damn is it a lot better now.  Loads faster, runs better, tons of quality of life improvements.

What I'm trying to say more than anything is that the devs have been doing a good job continually improving the game in how it both plays and runs/looks.  You might be on to something waiting a few months for patches.. but not all devs continue supporting their products the same after launch.

Overall though, I think the indie guys do a good job.  A lot has undoubtedly come from the console versions in development as well.  It will be a really polished and improved experience by the time you guys get it.

The game is fine so far but theres noticeable lag when using WASD to move the camera. I hope its something they can easily patch cause it doesn't feel great.

On 2020-08-27 at 7:50 AM, kazi of Skalitz said:

you playing mutant year zero? you like it? the game is awesome but a failure overall cause they did nothing with the characters and there is no story :(   

I fucking love it. I disagree with your statement, sure the characters arent anything to write home about but the story and world lore are great, imo.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Ramza said:

I fucking love it. I disagree with your statement, sure the characters arent anything to write home about but the story and world lore are great, imo.

huh? but thats what i said. the world, the lore, the plot, gameplay and atmosphere is all amazing. the characters are as well but im saying its all shallow. there is no dialogue, no quests, no real story. 

they just say some stuff sometimes, it couldhave been such an amazing RPG. but its more like a $20 xcom mini game. a story driven xcom game would be the bomb :lupe: 

played a few more hours. Its definitely high quality but the technical issues are annoying. worse than the WASD camera scroll is the hitching that happens every time you use the shift key to highlight stuff that can be interacted with. Its really annoying.

The RPG mechanics are great and not too intimidating, though being able to set up a full party of 6 from so early on means you have to spend a lot time managing equipment, skills, etc and making sure your characters are unique and complement each other.

Thankfully theres no inventory limit or weight capacity, so its nice not having to worry about that stuff.

7 minutes ago, Delita said:

Finally started playing and this lag seriously has to be one of the worst I’ve ever seen. Wtf were they thinking?

the Camera or object highlighting?

But yeah, I honestly think the problem is that they're still using Unity. Its always had some underlying performance issues and these games are so dense with complex mechanics and systems that its simply pushing the engine too far.

Im glad they already confirmed that the next one will be on UE5.

14 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

the Camera or object highlighting?

But yeah, I honestly think the problem is that they're still using Unity. Its always had some underlying performance issues and these games are so dense with complex mechanics and systems that its simply pushing the engine too far.

Im glad they already confirmed that the next one will be on UE5.

I’m playing on Xbox one X to coop with my bro and I’m using a controller. Idk how it’s on pc but pushing the analog stick to move your character around has like a full 1-2 second delay. The game itself seems pretty great but this is straight up awful

2 minutes ago, Delita said:

I’m playing on Xbox one X to coop with my bro and I’m using a controller. Idk how it’s on pc but pushing the analog stick to move your character around has like a full 1-2 second delay. The game itself seems pretty great but this is straight up awful

yeah thats how it is on PC too.

(And before remij comes in here and starts saying that its just my PC (:mjpls:) - A bunch of people are reporting the same thing on the steam forums)

I haven't had any movement lag, but I've had a tonne of sound bugs and anytime I enter combat the game hitches for a second or two before the grid rolling over the battlefield animation plays out.

Created a ranger solely dedicated to maxing the barter skill (infinite custom rangers ftw) and I just cannot be fucking bothered to go to the HQ to grab him and back to a vendor because of how bad the load times are. :shaq2:

7 minutes ago, Delita said:

The game seems to tick all the boxes of a great pc style wrpg including all the bad that usually come with it, including bugs and shitty load times. :ben: 

Shitty load times?  It loads in like 2 seconds for me lol