Sony is apparently buying more studios

No shit.  Like I said.. they want to be self sufficient and have a mass of studios putting out content consistently all year.

I would not be surprised to see Sony copy Gamepass but with all but their newest new games.  Sonys games are more popular and they know they can build subscribers more quickly than MS.

6 hours ago, Remij said:

No shit.  Like I said.. they want to be self sufficient and have a mass of studios putting out content consistently all year.

I would not be surprised to see Sony copy Gamepass but with all but their newest new games.  Sonys games are more popular and they know they can build subscribers more quickly than MS.

Lmfao Sony isn't copying Microsoft.   They're just upping their internal studios.   They're not about to start pumping out 6.0 gamepass filler trash :mj:

26 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Lmfao Sony isn't copying Microsoft.   They're just upping their internal studios.   They're not about to start pumping out 6.0 gamepass filler trash :mj:

Who said they were gonna start pumping out 6.0 filler?

If Sony buy Square Enix that would be crazy. 

https://twitter.com/Jace_Skell/status/1299763582952001537?s=20

It came to my attention that SONY just sealed 2 deals this month to acquire 2 major 3rd party publishers to join the PlayStation studios family. if true this means total Studios working under PlayStation Studios are now 16.

Jace_Skell later clarified in the comments that he does indeed mean publisher and not just developer.

what I know is that SONY took ownership/ copyright holder of dev teams working under these publishers

EDIT: He again clarified that it is not the publishers that have been acquired by their associated dev studio/studios

2 hours ago, Goukosan said:

This is the Cow version of MS purchasing EA :ovolol:

Well they want devs that have valuable IPs. That would mean they need to buy publishers to get IPs.  I can't name a single independent developer with an IP worth shit. 

Edited by Team 2019
24 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

Well they want devs that have valuable IPs. That would mean they need to buy publishers to get IPs.  I can't name a single independent developer with an IP worth shit. 

So you pull Square out your ass :mj: