Latest DLSS update includes dynamic resolution support via Nvidia's RTX Unreal Engine 4 branch

Yep, that's awesome stuff.

Nvidia have really turned the perception around.  The tech deserves the praise it's now getting.

The best thing is that now that people are convinced, more games will support it... and more funds and R&D will go into improving it even more.  It started out as ONE person working on it and researching it.. but now the team has grown considerably.  There'll be more features coming you can bet.

I really don't know how AMD will compete against it.  Nvidia can do this because they own one of the top 10 super computers in the world working on this stuff all the time, and AMD doesn't that kind of capability just yet.  They also don't have the tensor capability that the RTX cards do even in their upcoming RDNA2 GPUs.

If more and more games start supporting DLSS, AMD could have a tough time on PC... especially if cheaper low end Nvidia GPUs are performing and looking better with DLSS than more expensive AMD GPUs do without any equivalent.

I keep hearing about DLSS but I haven't bothered actually trying to figure out what it is. It sounds like its similar to that feature Nvidia implemented a couple of years ago, where you could emulate higher resolutions like 4K even if you're only using a 1080p or 2K monitor. So it would basically 'fake' the extra pixels to make games look higher resolution even though they're technically still running at a lower res.

8 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

I keep hearing about DLSS but I haven't bothered actually trying to figure out what it is. It sounds like its similar to that feature Nvidia implemented a couple of years ago, where you could emulate higher resolutions like 4K even if you're only using a 1080p or 2K monitor. So it would basically 'fake' the extra pixels to make games look higher resolution even though they're technically still running at a lower res.

:| 

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, Twinblade said:

:drake:

1 hour ago, Remij said:

:| 

:rofls: 

8 hours ago, Twinblade said:

It sounds more like checkboarding 2.0, with better image quality and 0 artifacts.