Open Club  ·  22 members  ·  Rules

All Things Politics

Critical race theory

1 minute ago, bhytre said:

forcing poor people into suburbs isn't going to change any opinions imo, some whites simply don't want to live next to poc they'll just move to another place 

we're talking about Trump's rhetoric, not about whether or not its any effective.

Catch up.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Trump's rhetoric for suburban areas works because some whites aren't going to vote against their self-interest no matter how much you scream racism. They want to live in those smaller communities with the same people they feel they can trust and they'll move out if you force a large percentage of poorer poc in those places.

Successful suburban areas will remain white or with any other predominant poc which aren't poor or uneducated, they're not cities.

17 minutes ago, bhytre said:

Trump's rhetoric for suburban areas works because some whites aren't going to vote against their self-interest no matter how much you scream racism. They want to live in those smaller communities with the same people they feel they can trust and they'll move out if you force a large percentage of poorer poc in those places.

Successful suburban areas will remain white or with any other predominant poc which aren't poor or uneducated, they're not cities.

so its racist.

i don't need to scream it, when I can just clearly highlight what you are already saying.

1 hour ago, Liquid said:

I find it funny you're name dropping people you dont know shit about because you heard someone mention them on YouTube or Twitter. 

I read her stupid book

43 minutes ago, jehurey said:

so its racist.

i don't need to scream it, when I can just clearly highlight what you are already saying.

you act as if this is some shocking news, people are racist and prefer to live in the same communities with the culture they best relate to.

Your globalist ideals are never stomping out tribalism.

1 minute ago, bhytre said:

you act as if this is some shocking news, people are racist

three posts ago:

[bhte]: not racist, no matter how many times you scream it

now:

[bhte]: racism is common, don't you know that?

Reading comprehension is difficult for Jederay, but that's expected with a 2-digit IQ

"some whites aren't going to vote against their self-interest no matter how much you scream racism"

meaning even if they are racist and you scream racism! or condemn them because it's bad or illegal, they are still voting and doing what's best for their own well-being. I don't insinuate it not being racist anywhere.

But you can continue twisting things to avoid uncomfortble truths and fish for your gotcha moment, don't care things won't change without sacrfices and losses no one is willing to take  :] 

Edited by bhytre
29 minutes ago, bhytre said:

Reading comprehension is difficult for Jederay, but that's expected with a 2-digit IQ

"some whites aren't going to vote against their self-interest no matter how much you scream racism"

meaning even if they are racist and you scream racism! or condemn them because it's bad or illegal, they are still voting and doing what's best for their own well-being. I don't insinuate it not being racist anywhere.

But you can continue twisting things to avoid uncomfortble truths and fish for your gotcha moment, don't care things won't change without sacrfices and losses no one is willing to take  :] 

once again, we are talking about Trump's rhetoric and it being intentionally racist.

You apparently are the one with the reading comprehension, or you think that you can switch the subject on me without noticing.

You fail on both of those counts.

let me know when you have an actual response to what I posted.  The President is intentionally making a racist dog-whistle. That's the issue.

2 hours ago, Cooke (not admin cant help said:

@Liquid have you read it? And if so don't you feel like its talking down to you? 

Deangelo and Dyson can be heavy handed with their messaging. I do believe that white fragility is real and generally takes into account that many if not most microagressions are unintentional. 

The work as it revolves around Deangelo or Dyson can be on 10 when it doesn't need to be more than 5. People don't have to fall on a sword to correct course. However the majority of people who refuse to see any validity in it can be obtuse to say the least are in no moral or ethical high ground either. 

Right wingers have been playing down to black people very directly with the "smart blacks realize they should be Republicans and only sunken place negroes are still Democrats because they are mental slaves." y'all can whine about Biden but he's not using words like "plantation" in order to antagonize black people with childish reverse psychology. 

Even for the retard asylum this forum can be at times, our residents autist trying to pretend that Trump isn't playing with boomer generation passive-aggressive racism are even dumber than we expected. 

Edited by Liquid
13 hours ago, Liquid said:

Deangelo and Dyson can be heavy handed with their messaging. I do believe that white fragility is real and generally takes into account that many if not most microagressions are unintentional. 

The work as it revolves around Deangelo or Dyson can be on 10 when it doesn't need to be more than 5. People don't have to fall on a sword to correct course. However the majority of people who refuse to see any validity in it can be obtuse to say the least are in no moral or ethical high ground either. 

Right wingers have been playing down to black people very directly with the "smart blacks realize they should be Republicans and only sunken place negroes are still Democrats because they are mental slaves." y'all can whine about Biden but he's not using words like "plantation" in order to antagonize black people with childish reverse psychology. 

Even for the retard asylum this forum can be at times, our residents autist trying to pretend that Trump isn't playing with boomer generation passive-aggressive racism are even dumber than we expected. 

It is heavy handed, reductionist, and just flat out racist to EVERYONE. If she is trying to make the world a better place she's going about it completely the wrong way. Do we want equality? Yes absolutely, to do that is not calling all white people inherently racist. Resentment is not a path to equality. I would rather we lift up black people rather than tearing whites down. It will make a stronger society. 

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2020/07/dehumanizing-condescension-white-fragility/614146/

Edited by Cooke (not admin cant help

My take having read this garbage for years:

Generic CRT: Majority identities are evil, and if they are capable of redemption, it's going to take massive wealth/power redistribution to make things fair, and an authoritarian government run by minorities to make sure people in the majority stay in line.

Derrick Bell, the founder of CRT, and Tenishi Coates, the poet laureate of CRT: Cynical fatalists. Whites are evil and the system can't be fixed.

Ibram Kendi: Cyncial authoritarian. Whites are evil and we need an authoritarian government run by non-whites to keep them in line.

Peggy McIntosh and her Invisible Knapsack of white priviledge: Silver spoon white woman who mistakes class for race, and racial-majority cultures for "othering."

Robin DiAngelo: McIntosh's final form. White, corporate carpetbagger who managed to turn CRT into a vanity project for white people.

Kimberle Crenshaw: Combined CRT with identity-feminism and turned CRT into a Byzantine labyrinth of identity offenses. You thought only whites are evil? That's only the beginning of the evil identity groups, comrade. 

And pretty annoyed at Obama for saying identity politics is the biggest threat facing the US, only to find out recently that he's a big Derrick Bell fanboy who intentionally hid that from the public while running in '08. Fool me once.

Edited by Saucer
14 hours ago, Liquid said:

O really?

"[Romney's] gonna put ya'll back in chains!"

"If you have a problem figurinig out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black."

And notice the way he condescendingly changes his speaking style to try to sound more stereotypically black. Suddenly he goes into cartoon black preacher mode and it's "ya'll" and "ain't".

Remember this study that shows white libs dumb themselves down when speaking to black people, but white centrists and right wingers don't? Biden does the same shit.

As reported Friday by the Washington Post, the study looked at people from different ideological perspectives and their word choices when communicating with blacks and whites. When choosing words off a list, liberal participants selected ones “that would make them appear significantly less competent with a Black interaction partner than with a White one,” the study said.

“White liberals may unwittingly draw on negative stereotypes, dumbing themselves down in a likely well-meaning, ‘folksy,’ but ultimately patronizing, attempt to connect with the outgroup,” said the study, titled “Self-Presentation in Interracial Settings: The Competence Downshift by White Liberals.”

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/columnists/science-shows-that-white-liberals-condescend-to-blacks

Edited by Saucer
40 minutes ago, Cooke (not admin cant help said:

It is heavy handed, reductionist, and just flat out racist to EVERYONE. If she is trying to make the world a better place she's going about it completely the wrong way. Do we want equality? Yes absolutely, to do that is not calling all white people inherently racist. Resentment is not a path to equality. I would rather we lift up black people rather than tearing whites down. It will make a stronger society. 

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2020/07/dehumanizing-condescension-white-fragility/614146/

lol When you wrote the phrase "talks down to black people" I have half-wondered if you were cribbing from that Atlantic review of the book. It's nice you're referring to others but you probably should reread the review. While he knocks the broad strokes of the way Deangelo goes about her messaging, it's more of a bitter pill take than her theories are bunk. Claiming to want equality but also being refusing to acknowledge or address subtle biases that have been passed down over centuries is like claiming you want six pack abs, but also dont believe in diet and exercise and you want to eat junkfood and candy. You seem to have no issue pointing out what you consider racism, with zero self-awareness that you're a white suburban kid from Canada so how much of it have you really experienced. (feel free to give examples of how some Asian kids might have called you "white" in cantonese one time or something :awww:)  I believe in the social disparity in how men and women are treated is very real and woven into our social conditioning yet I still keep myself aware that there are perspectives I can't identify with because I am male so even if there are issues that are brought up more aggressively than is my bandwidth I cant just flatout call the entire sentiment piontless, untrue, or sexist. Especially without at minimum an equally though-out rebuttal. 

From a certain point of view "Lifting black people up" is pandering and talking down to. People just want to be treated like people and not a second-class citizens. In any kind of social rehabbing the earliest steps is always looking inward and breaking down the ego and deep seated habits. That's why the punchline is always "it's about the parents". Who hasnt picked up a bad habit from one or both of their parents? Because it's about conditioned learning during our formative years that stays with a person and directly and indirectly affects who a person becomes. The same is true for a society. To some people an intervention could be considered reductive. You are right in the aspect that in general people dont like to be criticized or be self-critical or in many cases even self-aware. 

In short, I can see why you in particular have issues with the book and theory in general. Some are reasonable but the bulk of it is your biases and lack of skin the game. Conditional freedom isn't true freedom. 

7 minutes ago, Saucer said:

O really?

"[Romney's] gonna put ya'll back in chains!"

"If you have a problem figurinig out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black."

And notice the way he condescendingly changes his speaking style to try to sound more stereotypically black. Suddenly he goes into cartoon black preacher mode and it's "ya'll" and "ain't".

Remember this study that shows white libs dumb themselves down when speaking to black people, but white centrists and right wingers don't? Biden does the same shit.

Pretty much most politicians tweak their affect when they are rallying in outside regions to them. It's silly and pandering but it's pretty much the way it is. I also admit sometimes it just happens when you spend some time in a place and everyone you talk to has a different dialect. It sometimes happens unexpectedly when I spend sometime somewhere else. I mentioned Biden because I know those clips are personal favorites of Cooke and still. It was stupid of Joe Biden to say but he's not 100% wrong. If you're a sheep voting for a wolf, you're still a sheep but definitely not working in the benefit of your tribe. Also Romney believed in mandatory minimums, three strikes, and death penalties. So yeah, he would lead efforts to keep chains on people. It wasn't purely a remark on free-thought. So it's a drop compared to the bucket of claiming that 85% of all black people are "living in mental plantations". 

38 minutes ago, Saucer said:

My take having read this garbage for years:

Generic CRT: Majority identities are evil, and if they are capable of redemption, it's going to take massive wealth/power redistribution to make things fair, and an authoritarian government run by minorities to make sure people in the majority stay in line.

Derrick Bell, the founder of CRT, and Tenishi Coates, the poet laureate of CRT: Cynical fatalists. Whites are evil and the system can't be fixed.

Ibram Kendi: Cyncial authoritarian. Whites are evil and we need an authoritarian government run by non-whites to keep them in line.

Peggy McIntosh and her Invisible Knapsack of white priviledge: Silver spoon white woman who mistakes class for race, and racial-majority cultures for "othering."

Robin DiAngelo: McIntosh's final form. White, corporate carpetbagger who managed to turn CRT into a vanity project for white people.

Kimberle Crenshaw: Combined CRT with identity-feminism and turned CRT into a Byzantine labyrinth of identity offenses. You thought only whites are evil? That's only the beginning of the evil identity groups, comrade. 

And pretty annoyed at Obama for saying identity politics is the biggest threat facing the US, only to find out recently that he's a big Derrick Bell fanboy who intentionally hid that from the public while running in '08. Fool me once.

lol at this childish rant. 

1 hour ago, Liquid said:

Pretty much most politicians tweak their affect when they are rallying in outside regions to them. It's silly and pandering but it's pretty much the way it is. I also admit sometimes it just happens when you spend some time in a place and everyone you talk to has a different dialect. It sometimes happens unexpectedly when I spend sometime somewhere else. I mentioned Biden because I know those clips are personal favorites of Cooke and still. It was stupid of Joe Biden to say but he's not 100% wrong. If you're a sheep voting for a wolf, you're still a sheep but definitely not working in the benefit of your tribe. Also Romney believed in mandatory minimums, three strikes, and death penalties. So yeah, he would lead efforts to keep chains on people. It wasn't purely a remark on free-thought. So it's a drop compared to the bucket of claiming that 85% of all black people are "living in mental plantations". 

Biden helped spearhead the '94 crime bill and wanted the death penalty for drug dealers.