Open Club  ·  22 members  ·  Rules

All Things Politics

DOJ defending Trump in defomation case at tax payer's expense

11 minutes ago, ghostz life matters said:

From what I read it’s simply protocol. 

Since when is the DOJ the president's personal attorney for matters that happened way before he was president? :wonder:

5 minutes ago, Ike said:

Since when is the DOJ the president's personal attorney for matters that happened way before he was president? :wonder:

Trump's remarks were made in the performance of his official duties as president and that therefore government attorneys should assume Trump's defense from his private lawyers.

1 minute ago, ghostz life matters said:

Trump's remarks were made in the performance of his official duties as president and that therefore government attorneys should assume Trump's defense from his private lawyers.

So you're just believing the BS spin from the legal team then? :drake:

KK.

1 minute ago, Ike said:

KK.

I mean that’s what the reasoning is. Lol. here is another quote from CNN: 

While the alleged sexual assault occurred long before Trump became President, the Justice Department argued that it must take over because Trump's comments spurring the defamation lawsuit came while he was in office. 

2 hours ago, Ike said:

KK.

Stop asking him to think. It' hard to believe but Barr is an even biggger scumbag than I expected. I wonder if he works at the behest of a bunch of rich Republicans donors, or just a willing sycophant who wanted to do all of this on his own.