Open Club  ·  22 members  ·  Rules

All Things Politics

Russian hackers target US election again - Microsoft

1 hour ago, Ike said:

There’s no use. He’s already deferred to whatsboutism. :danylol:

There’s no defense of being against elections being more safe and secure. If they actually cared about voter fraud, they would’ve voted and approved the several bipartisan bills that are sitting on Mitch’s desk. Also, being against more people voting and having a say is the definition of anti-democracy. 

Too bad your system isn't democratic.  

3 hours ago, Twinblade said:

You just proved yourself to be a hypocrite who's no different from Pelosi and the rest of the democrats. I don't have to answer anything.

How did he do that? By not answering your brilliant yet completely unrelated question? Who is the crossover people in this imaginary scenario? Do you really think BLM marches are the majority voting block or something? I admit, when you dont actually think about the question...like in the "this is obviously a not very well thought out response but sounds like a good "whataboutism" to "'win' and not actually be honest but I can pretend to save face." but I'll let it slide." kind of way. That protesting kind of seems to skew younger, while voting tends to skew older....So it's like not just ANTIFA who are saying they want to vote from home instead. 

On 2020-09-10 at 6:24 PM, Team 2019 said:

China wants Biden to win. 

Lol based on what.China is smart enough to know that the US under Trump is pulling farther away from it's allies and from having a leading international presence, which the Chinese crave

On 2020-09-10 at 6:33 PM, Twinblade said:

Thoughts on democrats being too scared to vote in person?

It's a bit safer to do it by mail right now.  Voter fraud by mail is less than .1% over the last decade I believe. A very small number. Possibly smaller than in person fraud, i'll have to go look up the studies again?

I don't see why you wouldn't want people to be able to do this, Trump's main reason is more Democrats will be doing it by mail and he wants to reduce their turn out in certain states. I hope that's not your reason.

Oh and Russia did interfere in 2016, and hack the DNC.  They wanted Trump to win in 2016 and they want Trump to win in 2020.

Edited by Substatic
On 2020-09-10 at 7:01 PM, Twinblade said:

So its ok to be apart of crowded protests and riots but voting in person where social distancing is enforced would be bad? 

Got it....

Won't quite a bit more people vote compared to  how many people attended the protests? Like exponentially more?

2 hours ago, Substatic said:

It's a bit safer to do it by mail right now.  Voter fraud by mail is less than .1% over the last decade I believe. A very small number. Possibly smaller than in person fraud, i'll have to go look up the studies again?

I don't see why you wouldn't want people to be able to do this, Trump's main reason is more Democrats will be doing it by mail and he wants to reduce their turn out in certain states. I hope that's not your reason.

Oh and Russia did interfere in 2016, and hack the DNC.  They wanted Trump to win in 2016 and they want Trump to win in 2020.

The proposition itself is retarded in the first place. The fact that people allowed covid to become a political dividing line at all is pathetic. Especially those on the right side of the argument. This has been six months of hearing some of the dumbest shit I've ever heard in my life on a daily basis. 

I'm less concerned about Russian interference because fuck, what about some level of personal responsibility. Not believing stupid social media ads and memes is really not that hard. But as this forum shows, it's not really the message but the intent. 

If you want to make the democrats the bad guys, and make this election "Dems are too afraid to vote in person." as some sort of slander (which I will just like to point out that there is historically barely any voter fraud and its usually mostly campaign fund raising that skews into the region of laws being broken and mostly by Republicans.)

You have to be a fucking moron to be more worried about voter fraud than covid....or republican.