Jump to content

RE8 still cross-gen. I guess PS5 wasn't powerful enough


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

multiplats will be cross gen for at least a year and a half to not miss out on the large userbases just like this gen.   2014 cross gen games: advanced warfare, destiny, dragon age,  far cry

It makes perfect sense to the people it needs to make sense to.   Dusk Golem stated that RE8 was moved to next gen only because Capcom wanted to do more with the game.  It was in development

Many games are cross gen the first year or two. Dumb thread. 

38 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Making you look stupid.........no, its not something I'm in control of.

I don't know how you can post things like this.....................................................................................................................................without a hint of irony.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ChupacabraIII said:

I don't know how you can post things like this.....................................................................................................................................without a hint of irony.

those are called ellipsis.

 

is the irony being that you don't know that?

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, ChupacabraIII said:

I don't think you know what ellipsis are or what their purpose is. 

their purpose is to add a tonal pause in what you are trying to convey through written text.

 

Except here.........people are stupider and slower.......................................

 

 

 

.....................

 

hence the longer pause. If it gets bad enough, I'll draw it in MS paint for you.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, ChupacabraIII said:

I think you should learn about the other ways to added pauses to your writing. You actually look like a moron with more "." in your posts than words 

I'll just use the most common way.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Remij said:

It makes perfect sense to the people it needs to make sense to.

 

Dusk Golem stated that RE8 was moved to next gen only because Capcom wanted to do more with the game.  It was in development as cross-gen before... but once seeing what platforms like PC and Series X could do, they had some new ideas.  That's why the game was announced as next gen only.

 

Turns out that PS5 was causing the development studio a bunch of problems, and they couldn't get things running properly on PS5.. while they were running just fine on Series X and PC.  You can even see the PS5 struggling like a bitch in the two trailers released up to this point in certain scenes.  After trying for long enough Capcom decided to go back on their plans to make it next gen only, since not all the platforms could do what they wanted to.  They decided it would then be better to release across all platforms as cross gen.

 

yeah that makes no sense at all

 

”ps5 isn’t powerful enough to make ps5 only games” :grimaceleft:

Link to post
Share on other sites

PS5 simply isn't powerful enough to handle this game fellas. We have no option but to release it on Xbox One base edition.

 

Flawless logic. 

 

Has nothing to do with every single major 3rd party game being cross gen for the first year or 2 every single generation. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

PS5 simply isn't powerful enough to handle this game fellas. We have no option but to release it on Xbox One base edition.

 

Flawless logic. 

 

Has nothing to do with every single major 3rd party game being cross gen for the first year or 2 every single generation. 

 

LemiJ and bis retarded logic :ovolol:

 

I guess series X isn't powerful enough either seeing as all it's 1st party games for the first 2 to 3 years are cross gen, they had no choice to make it cross gen because series X was holding it back... lol

Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

PS5 simply isn't powerful enough to handle this game fellas. We have no option but to release it on Xbox One base edition.

 

Flawless logic. 

 

Has nothing to do with every single major 3rd party game being cross gen for the first year or 2 every single generation. 

Hey, can I ask you a question?

 

Why the fuck are you acting like that's what I said? :wonder: 

 

I've already explained in this thread exactly how "the upgrades and changes they wanted to make to the game weren't working on PS5"..  As per Dusk Golem, they wanted to release the game exclusively for next gen consoles and PC, because the changes they wanted to make to the game wouldn't be possible on PS4/XO.  However, since the PS5 version was having problems, and they couldn't find a way to make it work well enough for whatever reason, caused them to revert the game back to the way it was before... which is why it will now release again across all platforms.

 

It's pretty fucking simple what I'm saying here.  Dusk laid this all out very clearly.

Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Remij said:

Hey, can I ask you a question?

 

Why the fuck are you acting like that's what I said? :wonder: 

 

I've already explained in this thread exactly how "the upgrades and changes they wanted to make to the game weren't working on PS5"..  As per Dusk Golem, they wanted to release the game exclusively for next gen consoles and PC, because the changes they wanted to make to the game wouldn't be possible on PS4/XO.  However, since the PS5 version was having problems, and they couldn't find a way to make it work well enough for whatever reason, caused them to revert the game back to the way it was before... which is why it will now release again across all platforms.

 

It's pretty fucking simple what I'm saying here.  Dusk laid this all out very clearly.

Because none of that makes any sense, based on every single bit of factual precedence we have had in gaming history, Capcom's own actions, numerous reports from other devs and every logical point of view. The only reason you would believe this is for some reason you're desperate for this ps5 not being powerful enough narrative to be true.

 

Dusk is saying this is due first half 2021, so less than a year from console launches. Every major 3rd party multiplatform game is ALWAYS cross gen that early. Why would Capcom release a huge game like RE8 on a market that might have 20m or so consoles out as opposed to one with 160m+ PLUS the next gen consoles. It makes ZERO sense. Capcom is in the business of making money. Not even Sony is going full on next gen exclusives lol but Capcom is apparently. 

Show me a precedent for this? Capcom only do this when they make 3rd party exclusive games like Dead Rising.

 

Secondly, Dusk himself now says in the very tweet you posted that even prior to covid he was saying this was cross gen lol (so what, Jan/fed or before?). He then goes on about PS5 issues well past that date. So it was cross gen as early as Jan this year but then then they wanted to make it next gen exclusive but PS5 was having issues so is now confirmed cross gen again? lol. Or was that well before the start of the year? So they were quite possibly the only major 3rd party dev to be working on a next gen exclusive multiplatform game? Which option is it? Neither make sense.

 

Not to mention the constant narrative of scalability, especially early in the gen. A narrative you continuously peddled btw, yet now RE8 was apparently going to have next gen exclusive features that can't scale at all and just have to be ripped out completely, not even a graphical feature where the past gen systems don't have it but next gen systems do. What features? Oh it's a pure mystery, just trust dusk golem it existed. It's sets a whole new precedent we have never seen before but I'm sure it was there. 

 

Next, we have numerous reports from devs, also from DF who from a technical aspect is the standard of that space, who all says who great the PS5 is from a development aspect, yet a twitter account talking about one dev apparently says the ps5 isn't powerful enough. 

We also have to ignore the fact we have seen so many games running on PS5 and zero on XSX yet it's the PS5 having issues (I'm not saying XSX is having issues, I don't think it is).

 

So you can believe what you want really, but I'm not going to ignore:

-the financial logic 

-the precedence of every major 3rd party dev that releases multiplat games during a new launch over EVERY next gen launch ever 

-the whole narrative of Capcom flipping between cross gen and next gen exclusivity due to some secret features that aren't graphically scalable thing like most cross gen games

-the numerous devs who are praising PS5 in a development sense

 

So if my options are facts, historical facts, on the record reports and knowledge of how 3rd parties work cross gen or a twitter account, I'm going with option 1 thanks. 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, madmaltese said:

Because none of that makes any sense, based on every single bit of factual precedence we have had in gaming history, Capcom's own actions, numerous reports from other devs and every logical point of view. The only reason you would believe this is for some reason you're desperate for this ps5 not being powerful enough narrative to be true.

 

Dusk is saying this is due first half 2021, so less than a year from console launches. Every major 3rd party multiplatform game is ALWAYS cross gen that early. Why would Capcom release a huge game like RE8 on a market that might have 20m or so consoles out as opposed to one with 160m+ PLUS the next gen consoles. It makes ZERO sense. Capcom is in the business of making money. Not even Sony is going full on next gen exclusives lol but Capcom is apparently. 

Show me a precedent for this? Capcom only do this when they make 3rd party exclusive games like Dead Rising.

 

Secondly, Dusk himself now says in the very tweet you posted that even prior to covid he was saying this was cross gen lol (so what, Jan/fed or before?). He then goes on about PS5 issues well past that date. So it was cross gen as early as Jan this year but then then they wanted to make it next gen exclusive but PS5 was having issues so is now confirmed cross gen again? lol. Or was that well before the start of the year? So they were quite possibly the only major 3rd party dev to be working on a next gen exclusive multiplatform game? Which option is it? Neither make sense.

 

Not to mention the constant narrative of scalability, especially early in the gen. A narrative you continuously peddled btw, yet now RE8 was apparently going to have next gen exclusive features that can't scale at all and just have to be ripped out completely, not even a graphical feature where the past gen systems don't have it but next gen systems do. What features? Oh it's a pure mystery, just trust dusk golem it existed. It's sets a whole new precedent we have never seen before but I'm sure it was there. 

 

Next, we have numerous reports from devs, also from DF who from a technical aspect is the standard of that space, who all says who great the PS5 is from a development aspect, yet a twitter account talking about one dev apparently says the ps5 isn't powerful enough. 

We also have to ignore the fact we have seen so many games running on PS5 and zero on XSX yet it's the PS5 having issues (I'm not saying XSX is having issues, I don't think it is).

 

So you can believe what you want really, but I'm not going to ignore:

-the financial logic 

-the precedence of every major 3rd party dev that releases multiplat games during a new launch over EVERY next gen launch ever 

-the whole narrative of Capcom flipping between cross gen and next gen exclusivity due to some secret features that aren't graphically scalable thing like most cross gen games

-the numerous devs who are praising PS5 in a development sense

 

So if my options are facts, historical facts, on the record reports and knowledge of how 3rd parties work cross gen or a twitter account, I'm going with option 1 thanks. 

 

 

 

Yes it does make sense.  And oh god, here we go again with the "you wish PS5 not being powerful enough"

 

DUDE... I can SEE THE FUCKING FRAMERATE TANKING in BOTH trailers they've posted.  Yes... the game is IN development.. but the simple fact of the matter is that Dusk isn't going to just lie and say PS5 is having issues when it wasn't.  We can CLEARLY see it having issues.. and he says the other platforms don't have those issues.  Which means that for whatever reason.. the PS5 wasn't able to perform to the level that they wanted when they chose to target next gen consoles only.  It could be issues with the dev kits.. or particulars of the PS5 is causing issues for their engine with what they were trying to do with RE8.  There's MANY reasons why that could be the case.

 

Capcom ANNOUNCED the game as NEXT GEN ONLY... for fuck sakes..  Dusk said they had intentions to make it next gen only because of the gameplay features they wanted to add.

 

 

It's hilarious how NOW that they're going back on it, and thinking about releasing it as cross gen again, all you guys are stepping up on your high horses like "duh, of course it's a cross gen game... There's 120m PS4's out there.." yadayada when you've been peddling the Sony next gen only train and "believing in generations"... now that Sony's releasing half their announced "next gen games" as cross gen, you guys are like duh well of course...

 

Give me a fucking break.  And you talk about me peddling scalability... well YES... you see how it works now?  The lesser systems still get the game... but it's.....lesser.  The problem HERE though is that Dusk specifically called out PS5 and their problems with it, as the reason why the game is having development issues, and quite likely the reason why they've decided to scale it back and make it cross gen.  It's just SO unbelievable.. isn't it?  Only because it's Sony though, right?  When it was MS you guys were going on and on about them holding shit back.

 

About DF... what the fuck are developers going to tell him?  You think they're going to say any of them are having issues with Sony's console? :drake: 

 

Bring up games running on PS5 and not on Series X as much as you want.. I don't give a shit about that.  The fact is that I've seen with my own two eyes, RE8 running on PS5, and chugging at some pretty basic scenes.  It's RIGHT there..

 

 

 

So yea, I'm going to believe what makes sense and is logical to me.  That the game is clearly having issues during development on PS5.  It was meant to be next gen only, but since they can't realize their ambitions currently, they're going to go back to their original plan, which was to launch as a cross gen game.

 

I mean... lmao Dusk has been right about everything regarding RE... and nobody said shit before... but right when he says PS5 is the system causing issues... "oh that fucking guy?" "lying sack of shit" "why do we even allow him on this forum" ect. ect... :tom: 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...