Kid A is now Adult A

• Hot Sauce changed the title to Kid A is now Adult A

a true masterpiece! i remember it being trashed for not being ok computer pt. 2. but i loved since it was unlike anything i had ever heard. like....it was a hybrid of parts of radiohead, minimalist, electro, ambient...just so fucking awesome! 

I was really disappointed when I first heard it. The bends and ok computer were amazing and this was a total change but it grew on me quickly. 

11 minutes ago, Cooke (not admin cant help said:

I was really disappointed when I first heard it. The bends and ok computer were amazing and this was a total change but it grew on me quickly. 

a lot of  my friends hated it. i loved it and it's still my favorite album by them. 

Actually never heard Radiohead outside of their music video showing up on MTV during 98-99, and even then I rarely got to see MTV since I didn't have cable.

First actual listening was on the alternative rock station playing Optimistic on the radio, and then sometime after that I was already starting to download music from Napster or Morpheus. So that would be where I would start listening to OK Computer and Kid A, I treated it as just one big playlist.

So, to me it doesn't feel all that jarring of a change in music. Right around Amnesiac came out, I started going backwards and listening to The Bends while listening to Amnesiac.

And then my first direct experience with waiting and then sitting down and listening to a new Radiohead album was Hail to the Thief, and I consider that to be them finally merging all the type of music they made from The Bends to Amnesiac into one album.

My dad sent me a message 

"I was the same age you are now when Kid A released"

Lol thanks for making me feel old dad. He's a huge radiohead fan btw. 

14 hours ago, kokujin said:

h a ha  hah  I won't say my opinion because lovely GD likes this too.  & I would probably sound ignorant.  

It’s all good man. Their music isn’t for everyone. I just have very diverse taste. 

• Like 1