Sunset Overdrive apparently takes 7 sec to load on Series X

49 minutes ago, Bodycount V said:

who gives a shit, the franchise belongs to Sony and will load even faster on PS5 with the superior HDD and hardware.

Can;t wait for SSO 2 Exclusively on PS5 and of course the remaster of the first. welcome home, and fuck you fgt hermit beggars. SONY OWNS SUNSET! FUCK YOU HAHAHAHAHA! :rofl: 

Yea you can wait... you have no choice. :geese: 

2 minutes ago, Cooke (not admin cant help said:

Why does anyone give a fuck how long is takes for a next gen system to load last gen games? 

Dumb question.  As a Sheep, you have more important questions to be asking.. such as 

Why Nintendo is putting time limits on game availablility? 

Why they took away your Virtual console and put it behind an online pay wall they charge for... when most of their games have terrible/basic online support?

Why they only sell classic controllers to people who are subbed to their shitty online service?

Why they keep denying there's issues with Joycons and saying that people haven't been negatively affected by the issue?

Why they're charging you $60 for emulated game collections?

And why most of the games they're giving you are WiiU games over again?

:trump2: 

• Upvote 1
5 hours ago, Remij said:

I mean, you don't have to give a shit about consoles or anything, and yet you can still appreciate how much improved the QoL experience is from these new consoles.

Yea but loading old games faster is nice and a given and expected for a newer console. 

Showing it off loading a next gen game would be much more impressive. 

1 hour ago, Goukosan said:

Yea but loading old games faster is nice and a given and expected for a newer console. 

Showing it off loading a next gen game would be much more impressive. 

I agree and disagree.

Yes, it would be nice to see games actually developed to take advantage of the system and how they can utilize the new storage bandwidth.. but at the same time.. it makes sense that games designed to take advantage of something would be fast.  In the case of the new consoles however, I think it's also extremely interesting how they enhance the previous gen games without requiring any changes to coding.  I wouldn't say it's "a given" seeing as how this is really the first generation that loading has actually become quicker in any substantial way for BC.

The next gen stuff will come..  Giving actual media and people hands on with the console a month plus before launch is solid.  People want to know how these things are going to work, and MS is doing better than Sony in answering those questions so far.

When it comes time to compare loading between Series X/S and PS5.. we'll have 3rd party games to do so soon enough.

33 minutes ago, Remij said:

I agree and disagree.

Yes, it would be nice to see games actually developed to take advantage of the system and how they can utilize the new storage bandwidth.. but at the same time.. it makes sense that games designed to take advantage of something would be fast.  In the case of the new consoles however, I think it's also extremely interesting how they enhance the previous gen games without requiring any changes to coding.  I wouldn't say it's "a given" seeing as how this is really the first generation that loading has actually become quicker in any substantial way for BC.

The next gen stuff will come..  Giving actual media and people hands on with the console a month plus before launch is solid.  People want to know how these things are going to work, and MS is doing better than Sony in answering those questions so far.

When it comes time to compare loading between Series X/S and PS5.. we'll have 3rd party games to do so soon enough.

Yes it's a given.  The one X loaded the game in 30 something seconds....while the one S from the same generation took almost 1:50 seconds to load it.    

So again, it's not surprising that a newer system would Trump that given that. 

1 minute ago, Goukosan said:

Yes it's a given.  The one X loaded the game in 30 something seconds....while the one S from the same generation took almost 1:50 seconds to load it.    

So again, it's not surprising that a newer system would Trump that given that. 

No.. it's not a given... hence why you have people testing games.. :| 

41 minutes ago, Remij said:

No.. it's not a given... hence why you have people testing games.. :| 

They're testing it because Series X has no next gen games to test it on :drake:

Also they're testing to see how much BC improved.... they're not testing to see if it did because that's a given... they're testing how much 

20 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

They're testing it because Series X has no next gen games to test it on :drake:

Also they're testing to see how much BC improved.... they're not testing to see if it did because that's a given... they're testing how much 

They're testing it because that's what the received the systems to test.

And no... they're testing all sorts of games to see if there is an improvement, and how much.. if there is... because it's not a given.

You didn't even know that Xbox One X loaded games faster than the One OG... and even if you did.. you most certainly didn't know by how much.  Some games load faster... others don't.  Which is why it isn't a given that all games load faster.

ANNNNYYYway... Yes.. it's nice.  As I said.. people WANT to know this information.