Seems like AMD is going to show off Far Cry 6 at their event tomorrow.. also a little 5800X single core performance benchmark

Let's see what you got AMD :francis: 

I hope we hear about their implementation of GPU I/O decompression and more about DirectStorage.

This is the perfect opportunity for AMD to not fuck up and actually have cards available to purchase.

• Remij changed the title to Seems like AMD is going to show off Far Cry 6 at their event tomorrow.. also a little 5800X single core performance benchmark
2 minutes ago, jehurey said:

I hope people are concerned with buying video cards while I can casually buy my AMD CPU with no fuss.

That's true, but AMD isn't really helping things by releasing them both so close together.  Sites are going to be absolutely swamped between the CPUs and both AMD and Nvidia GPUs.

The 5900X is apparently at 680+ single core.  700+ with overclocking is definitely possible.  That is absolutely crazy.

2 minutes ago, nitric said:

You've already jumped ship from Shitvidia? :D

I'm currently en route to Lisa Su's party.  Gonna have myself a good time there :glad: 

I still got Jensen on speed dial though :tom5:

1 minute ago, Remij said:

I'm currently en route to Lisa Su's party.  Gonna have myself a good time there :glad: 

I still got Jensen on speed dial though :tom5:

Fuck NVIDIA. I’m switching if I don’t get a 3080 by their launch 

1 minute ago, nitric said:

Fuck NVIDIA. I’m switching if I don’t get a 3080 by their launch 

Nah.  I already know Nvidia is gonna pull some driver shit and bump their scores up some more percentage lol.

For me, it's simply because they fucked up not having any product ready.  Hopefully AMD doesn't have the same issue and I can actually get one.  But really... the cards are neck and neck.  Sure Nvidia has DLSS, but AMD has $500 cheaper lol.. and they're apparently working on some super resolution shit.. probably along with Microsoft on that.

That kind of performance at $999 is just damn good, and it's got just the right amount of RAM too.

Like I said.. AMD has earned a try from me.  I'll give them a shot this time.  I'll only have that GPU for a year or so at the most anyway before moving on to the next best thing, so it's no big deal.